Freeware airport requests

A big thanks to you and your team.

Could I suggest the "Islands of the Pacific" which will include the airports of both Islands of New Zealand, and others of the beautiful Samoa, Tonga, Nauru, Chatams, New Caledonia, Nuiu, Solomons, Fiji, Norfolk

They are plentiful I agree but the Islands are small and fairly close together so anyone can fly them whether slow and low or tubes.  Test out flyers navigation skills too.

Jim

Edited by JimNZ
  • Thanks 1

Neil,

You are correct, KFFO is the current Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. To the south west of the main airfield is the now closed triangle runways of Wright Field where the Museum is located. I thought KFFB was the identifier for that but could be wrong. The Museum does use the one remaining unobstructed runway for Museum arrivals and special occasions.

Cheers, Bernard

BA5B505F-8ABD-4512-B088-89729967C9FF.jpeg

Edited by thunderstreak
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pablo30 said:

Hi all,

I would like to see KSBP San Luis Obispo, CA. 

I have flown into this airport a few times, and it has a wonderful scenery around it, ie Morrow Bay etc.

Thanks, Paul:rolleyes:

This too is enhanced as a part of a Region, so won't be done separately.  I've never been to the real life airport, but as depicted in the Orbx region it, and the area around it are very nice.

Ken

Hi Todd,

I would appreciate KUGN, in Waukegan IL. It is my home airport, where I took flight lessons at Stick and Rudder Flight Club. Twenty plus hours in a C152, but never got to solo because of medical issues....but, simming is still fun. Anyway, if you can consider the request, thanks...if not, thanks anyway for all your other work.

Sherm

Hello Neil, I recently moved from California to North Carolina so I would really appreciate a new home airport at "KHKY" Hickory Regional. Thanks.
North Carolina is a nice place. There should be an Orbx regeon there. But I would like to put in a request. KCLT Charrolate-douglass International Airport for a Global Freeware. It would also be nice to have 14A Lake Norman airpark. As well as 3A4 Southeast Greensburo airport. Thatnks for doing Piedmont Triad! I was going to request it but I went to check and it was already there!

Thanks very much.
  • Like 2

Hello,

Thank you for all the terrific software and quality in your work.

I was born in Samedan and made my apprentice ship as an electrician in my hometown. The airport was a military and private one. In winter (1960 Temp -36 C) they rebuild the airport and I was part of the construction help in the electrical of the tower and main building.

I would love to see that little airport in your collection. If you try to fly from LOWI to LSZS it is quite a nice experience.

There is no ILS and I remember the Greek oil tycoon landed in Samedan with his B737 when it was quite a low ceiling of fog. He started in Zernez east from Samedan and flew along the river Inn to the airport.

Thanks again for lading us participate in this nice experience.

Arnold Grass

apron_big.thumb.jpg.59d969e099823265ce140f29445faf85.jpg1960

http://www.engadin-airport.ch/

1200px-AirportSamedan.JPG

96699.jpg

Cr5plTsVMAAmsZM.jpg

FSoftware-LSZS-Samedan-Airport-FSX-P3D.jpg

Samedan.jpg

• Like 4

On 3/29/2018 at 10:03 PM, flya150 said:

Hello Neil, I recently moved from California to North Carolina so I would really appreciate a new home airport at "KHKY" Hickory Regional. Thanks.

Welcome to North Carolina! :) I hope you like it here! KHKY would be a nice addition to the freeware airport pack.

13 hours ago, caleb1 said:

North Carolina is a nice place. There should be an Orbx regeon there. But I would like to put in a request. KCLT Charrolate-douglass International Airport for a Global Freeware. It would also be nice to have 14A Lake Norman airpark. As well as 3A4 Southeast Greensburo airport. Thatnks for doing Piedmont Triad! I was going to request it but I went to check and it was already there!

Thanks very much.

I'm biased since it's my home state, but North Carolina is indeed a nice place that would make an excellent Orbx region. North Carolina has the highest mountains in the Eastern United States; the Piedmont region with its many cities, towns, hills, forests, and fields; the flat farmland of the Inner Coastal Plain; and a varied coastline with beaches, sounds, and the Outer Banks, where the Wright brothers made their first powered flight. With such beautiful and varied scenery and an important place in aviation history, I think North Carolina would be a great candidate for an Orbx region. (Imagine a North Carolina TrueEarth region! :o:wub: ) I'd also love to see Orbx regions covering Virginia and New England and...well...the entire East Coast! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FireRx said:

KFAT   Fresno California /Yosemite  B) Please .    It's an regional airport and  I haven't see anybody develop it yet. 

That one would be in the Northern California region, so won't done for the Freeware pack.

• Like 1

On 07/10/2014 at 1:08 PM, Marvic said:

Ok Todd, how about TFFG (Grand Case)?  Thanks for you efforts and all the others for contributing to the freeware project.

Grand Case would be good, a nice location and a nice approach over the beach. TQPF Wallblake on Anguilla would be nice too. Nice little island hops for when you don't have much time to fly. Another little important Caribbean airport not currently covered is TKPN Nevis and TDCF Canefield on Dominica - nice tricky approach hugging the coast.
So many airports waiting to be made (I wish)
Many thanks to all those who have contributed to the freeware project.
Kernow

Edited by Kernow
Signed off with the wrong forum name - sorry!
  • Like 3

Grand Case would be good, a nice location and a nice approach over the beach. TQPF Wallblake on Anguilla would be nice too. Nice little island hops for when you don't have much time to fly. Another little important Caribbean airport not currently covered is TKPN Nevis and TDCF Canefield on Dominica - nice tricky approach hugging the coast.
So many airports waiting to be made (I wish)
Many thanks to all those who have contributed to the freeware project.
Kernow
Grand Case would be nice too...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some small Alaskan strips near PATK:

Bald Mountain (2AK7)

Secluded Lake (49AK)

Montana Creek (21AK)

Songlo Vista (3AK3)

Rustic Wilderness (02AK)

Many thanks for any consideration!

Caleb

Hi caleb1

A region of  Alaska north of SAK is in the thinking process so I am hesitant to add these as it's complicated to remove them later if that region comes about.

Cheers, Neil
That is incredible news about the possibility of another Alaska region. I will be buying that one day one when it comes out!

I'd like to request EDVE in Braunschweig Germany, which is the home of the German Aerospace Center (DLR). As far as I know almost every pilot in Germany knows this airport as a part of their license exam. I only simulate being a pilot, but I'd love to see my home base in photoreal. And... I am willing to pay for it! I'll be the first to order.

3 hours ago, junior.b said:

I'd like to request EDVE in Braunschweig Germany, which is the home of the German Aerospace Center (DLR). As far as I know almost every pilot in Germany knows this airport as a part of their license exam. I only simulate being a pilot, but I'd love to see my home base in photoreal. And... I am willing to pay for it! I'll be the first to order.

Isn't it on the Orbx Germany North region?  So they won't do it as a separate freeware airport.

Please, Todd.....add KABE (Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton) to your long list.   This airport is my home airport and is very important as an alternate when you consider that KJFK, KPHL, KLGA and so many others are close by.  It's a beautiful part of the country, and I would be most appreciative as would many simmers, I'm sure.

Stan

• Like 2

On 5.5.2018 at 2:10 PM, Buffy Foster said:

Isn't it on the Orbx Germany North region?  So they won't do it as a separate freeware airport.

You're right. It is, but unfortunately it doesn't look like EDVE. There are some standard buildings and hangars but it's not the real thing. I recently attended a conducted tour around the airport. I live here for 25 years now and I've never been there so this was really overdue. Of course the dimensions and the structure are there in Germany North, but the most important and recognizable thing is missing: the historical main building.

I think all of the freeware or payware airports already exist in the ORBX world. But only with standard autogen buildings. So it is with EDVE. Maybe some day a local patriot of Braunschweig feels appointed to model this small but important airport (I hope this was correct english, as I put it together from dictionary fragments ;-)).

Jörg

Flughafen-Braunschweig.jpg

Can I please request KPIA - Peoria International Airport( Peoria, IL USA)

We are the world headquarters for Caterpillar and see a ton of ga/airline/military traffic through this airport. You guys have made almost every airport around this airport but not this one :)

Would love to see how you guys can transform this airport as there is a whole new terminal at this airport as of 8yrs ago!!!

Thank you.

• Like 1

Does not seem to be much airport representation for Mid-Atlantic USA (Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia. I do most of my flight simulation in that area so would even pay for airports such as KCXY (Capital City), KMDT (Harrisburg Intl), KFDK (Frederick), KHGR (Hagerstown) and KCBE (Cumberland). I learned to fly at N68 (Franklin County Regional).

• Like 2

Thanks for the great freeware you all provide!  I only started into FSX and Orbx scenery a few months ago, and having such a breadth of places to fly around the world is wonderful.

How about creating TN98, "The Skyranch" near Knoxville, Tennessee?  It's a fantastic little grass strip built on a spit of land jutting into the Tennessee River.  I learned to fly there back in the early 1990s with the East Tennessee Pilot's Club, and still reminisce about the short curving approaches to both runways and the immediate turns after departure to clear the trees and terrain.  It was the closest I'll probably ever come to landing on an aircraft carrier!

Skyranch Airport and East Tenneessee Pilot's Club Website

Skyvector Entry for TN98

• Like 2