Freeware airport requests

Here's a few off the top of my head that could definitely use a little facelift..

KMLU - Monroe Regional Airport (Monroe, Louisiana)

KSGF - Springfield/Branson National Airport (Springfield, Missouri)

KAMA - Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport (Amarillo, Texas)

KMSN - Dane County Regional Airport (Madison, Wisconsin)

KELD - South Arkansas Regional Airport (El Dorado, Arkasnas)

KGLH - Mid-Delta Regional Airport (Greenville, Mississippi)

KRAP - Rapid City Regional Airport (Rapid City, South Dakota)

KCYS - Cheyenne Regional Airport (Cheyenne, Wyoming)

KXNA - Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (Fayetteville, Arkansas)

KBBG - Branson Airport (Branson, Missouri)

This airport isn't even in the simulation... at least it's not in FSX.  Fairly new airport.  Having to use freeware scenery for it, but I'm sure you guys could do a better job.

Just became an ORBX customer this weekend.. had used GEX before... planning on getting a new gaming desktop in a couple weeks for my birthday, and in preparation for it, I finally decided I'd give ORBX a try.  It's beautiful in P3D v4!  Runs fine on my gaming laptop... but it'll run perfectly on a top of the line desktop :-)  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Another nice little grass strip in the Atlantic Provinces of Canada is Cable Head Airpark (CCA3) on Prince Edward Island (it's a residential airpark that hosts a BBQ lunch fly-in every summer):

I've been considering this for a while - Its the last airport on PEI that hasn't been done. The video should help with the details.

Larry

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, larryisenor said:

Cable Head Airpark (CCA3) on Prince Edward Island

I've been considering this for a while - Its the last airport on PEI that hasn't been done. The video should help with the details.

Here are a few links to photos if you'd like some more detail of the airpark:

20901721_10154688358370474_1234236295663

• Upvote 1

Well my vote is for someone, anyone, to do KPVD (Green State Airport) in Rhode Island (the "biggest little state" in the nation). This airport is often preferred by travelers wishing to avoid Boston, MA road traffic and KBOS in particular.

I'd also like to see some attention spent on the landclass and autogen for the state. It's not even close to accurate (LC NA does not help). For example, there's a huge autogen shopping mall on the small island of Jamestown that doesn't exist. The Mt Hope suspension bridge is portrayed as a road. Where are the Newport mansions? Yada yada.

Sorry, I'm ramblin' and going off-topic ...... (Orbx Block Island is recommended).

Would love to see my home airport KCCR, Buchanan Field -  Concord, CA - there are few interesting areas around - Port Chicago, Bencia Bridge, Refinery and "Moth" fleet of old rusting navy ships, Mount Diablo.

Didn't realize I had two usernames on here...

Got a few suggestions...

KDRO  

Durango-LaPlata County Airport, Durango, CO

KFSM  

Fort Smith Regional Airport, Fort Smith, AR

KBIL  

Billings Logan International Airport, Billings, MT

KGPT

Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport, Gulfport, MS

KAEX

Alexandria International Airport, Alexandria, LA

KLFT

Lafayette Regional Airport, Lafayette, LA

I realize a few of these may be too big to do for just freeware scenery, but they're just my humble suggestions, after all :-)  Thanks for doing any airports, we know you don't have to and it's greatly appreciated.

Edited by keithorton

Hello Team

So far a lot of people requesting a new airports, and so far I have never seen that an airport for Indonesia, what about free airport in Madura Island in indonesia which is not in FSX or P3D v3 or V4 yet.

It is WART lat 7° 1'19.89"S, long 113°53'13.94"E (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trunojoyo_Airport)

It would be nice to have the Madura Island airport to be first free airport Indonesia  from ORBX 

A bit more beautiful with a few more scenery and landmarks as it is a very interesting area to fly in. as in Papua new Guniea, thanks 

I would love to see some North East Pennsylvania airports added, to include:

-N30 Cherry Ridge (my home base)

-70N Spring Hill (Very scenic and challenging!)

-KAVP Avoca (Nearest regional airline port)

-KHPN (Where I work, not in PA obviously!)

-06N Randall (Glider port in Orange County)

Thanks!  

Rhys Legge

For take-offs and landing training, it would be great to have Manhattan Regional Airport (KMHK) in Manhattan, Kansas.  It would have some beautiful and functional surroundings such as: The Flint Hills, a tall-grass prarie, Tuttle Creek Lake, and some surrounding airports such as Wamego, Kansas (69K), Marshall AAF (KFRI) Military Air base in Fort Riley, Kansas, and Freeman Airport (3JC) in Junction City, Kansas.  Great for training.  Please consider.  Thanks, Scott Freeby, Manhattan, Kansas

Can we also consider a Caribbean pack?

TQPF

TNCA

TFFR

TFFF

TNCC

TIST

TLPC

TLPL

TKPK

Etc?

There are loads for island hopping that have never really looked good in the sim

They are mostly smaller airports too which is handy for this project.

Alternatively, how about some FTX region love for the Caribbean or maybe some payware airports to spruce up the OpenLC / Vector combo?  :))

• Like 1

I"ll put them on my list. They won't be in the current pack but I will try to do some for the one after. I,ve been doing more South America lately but it's probably time to go back to the Caribbean and this is a good sample of airports.

Larry

12 hours ago, larryisenor said:

I"ll put them on my list. They won't be in the current pack but I will try to do some for the one after. I,ve been doing more South America lately but it's probably time to go back to the Caribbean and this is a good sample of airports.

Larry

Hi Larry,

That will be great! Thanks very much......

Hi. New here.  Would love to see more in the Long Island, New York area...

KFRG- Republic Airport

KISP - Islip/MacArthur 

KHVN - Brookhaven

KFOK - Gabreski

KHTO - East Hapmton

3C8 - Calverton Executive

21N - Mattituck Airport

23N - Bayport Aerodrome

1N2 - Spadaro/Lufker

0B8 - Fisher's Island

Long Island is filled with a ton of great scenery and little spots to see while flying VFR (lighthouses, bridges, beaches, Bald Hill... etc) which has never been covered in a large scale scenery pack.  I hope something like this could see the light of day in the future.

Best,

JR

Spadaro/Lufker and Fishers Island are already in the NA freeware collection, but I fully agree with you on all the others.  I also agree with your comments about lighthouses.  This is a major problem in flying VFR in this area, especially at night, because the lighthouses are as much an aid to navigation for aviation as they are to shipping.  There's a lighthouse (race Rock, just off Elizabeth Field Rwy 11, which helps in the approach.  Then all up and down the Sound and the South Shore of LI.   Montauk, Fire Island, Ambrose tower, Brenton Reef, Pt, Judith, Great Gull and Plum Islands - the list goes on.  Please?

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your work!  These airports add so much to the experience.

Might I request:

KSUT:  Cape Fear Regional Jetport

KILM:  Wilmington International Airport

KDNL:  Daniel Field, Augusta Georgia

• Upvote 1

KCMI - University of Illinois Willard Airport, Champaign, Illinois.

That was one of the very first airports in FS history (that was my home airport back in FS2 for C64 :))  and I still visit that airport regularly in P3D. 

• Like 1

Would love to see KISZ Cincinnati Blue-Ash Airport,  its now closed but still shows up in P3D/FSX and would love to see these little gem with a little more realism to how it once was.   It was a small but busy 3500ft strip in Cincinnati Ohio that was nearly 300 acres of land in the middle of a busy industrial/commercial area that the city used the sale to fund a terrible street car project..  There is alot of press on the airport closing and having spent 10+yrs of my life there i can provide a lot of images if needed. 

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/aviation-international-news/2012-11-03/airport-closures-not-always-easy-0

http://www.airport-data.com/airport/ISZ/photos:1.html

http://www.myflightblog.com/archives/celebrating-blue-ash-airport.php

http://airfactsjournal.com/2012/09/saying-goodbye-to-an-airport/

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1490&bih=938&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Blue+ash+airport&oq=Blue+ash+airport&gs_l=psy-ab.3...74836.76290.0.76457.8.7.0.0.0.0.165.430.0j3.3.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..7.1.119...0i7i30k1.0.t9MAhDbp7II