Freeware airport requests

Gday,

My name is Tom and I am of the age of 16 and have been flying with Orbx for many years now.

I come from Perth and know the airport extremely well, However there is no Payware for this Airport, I know that YPPH is undergoing many changes at the moment, but that doesn't bother me I am just dying for a form of YPPH to be released by one of the FS developers. Perth has Jandakot but not the main airport itself which is REALLY bugging me, I have tryed making one with ADE (ScruffyDuck) but it still looks shocking. Could Orbx be the first by any chance?? 

PS: Lets just say I would be willing to pay premium prices for such an airport and I am only 16 :),  Hope you consider my request and hope that Perth airport on the simulator will be an airport of the near future!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jordancollins said:

Can we get Sault st Marie at some point in Ontario Canada? 

Jazz flies there on the Q and I don't have any scenery for it. It's just a regional airport .

Thanks

Jordan:

It's on my list. No promises as to time but it's in an area where I've done a bunch of airports and is a good waypoint between east and west so may not be too long.

Larry

• Like 2

2 hours ago, larryisenor said:

Jordan:

It's on my list. No promises as to time but it's in an area where I've done a bunch of airports and is a good waypoint between east and west so may not be too long.

Larry

You wouldnt also be doing Sudbury CYSB by any chance would you?

Hi Larry and Neil and all.
Just a quick re-nomination of Wings Field located in the Philadelphia suburb Blue Bell. (N67 and now KOLM). This was the home field for Frank Kingston Smith's classic Week-end Pilot (1957). Eric McCloud did a nice FSX version in 2011, but that version does not translate to P3D. Perhaps this is a good candidate for adding a General Aviation classic to the stable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:33 PM, MacKuen said:

Hi Larry and Neil and all.
Just a quick re-nomination of Wings Field located in the Philadelphia suburb Blue Bell. (N67 and now KOLM). This was the home field for Frank Kingston Smith's classic Week-end Pilot (1957). Eric McCloud did a nice FSX version in 2011, but that version does not translate to P3D. Perhaps this is a good candidate for adding a General Aviation classic to the stable. 

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:40 PM, Buffy Foster said:

KOLM is Olympia (Washington) Regional Airport though.

N67 is now KLOM.  I agree that this would be a great little field for the ORBX touch.

Ken

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Love to see Tillamook (KTMK) or as it's known to FSX/P3d .......S47. In real life it is home to one of the few remaining wooden blimp hangars from WWII. There was a freeware version for FS9, sadly I am unable to get it to work with conventional means in P3d. Also the textures are very small compared to today's so I don't believe it would look too well up converted.    But it makes the PERFECT destination from 7S3 (Stark's Twin Oaks) which I live right up the street from IRL. Just about a 15 to 30 minute flight depending what you take. In fact my first flight from 7S3 right after I purchased it was to S47  by dead reckoning in the Alabeo Staggerwing as since I ride there all the time I could follow my "nose" so to speak. It remains my default flight to check performance figures against as you need to get up to 8000-8500 feet pretty quickly to successfully get over the passes and then you drop right into the Tillamook basin for some fast circling or air brakes to make the runway. Only thing that ruins it is the lack of a blimp hangar with "AIR MUSEUM" visible on the sides of it. Oh and maybe an A4 up on a pole out front by 101.

• Like 2

Greetings

Profiting the offer for the enhancement I would like to request:

Lugano LSZA in Switzerland

Trieste LIPQ in Italy and also Venice LIPZ along with the city (cityscape)

Split LDSP in Croatia will be a nice stop between Pula and Dubrovnik

Thank you

• Like 1

On 6/20/2018 at 9:47 AM, stanza said:

Thankyou so much for the amazing freeware and I would love to see Girona Spain in the future.

HI Stanza

This one has been made by third party developer... wonder if Orbx would do it under that circumstance..

And I'll withdraw my nomination (unless you folks decide to give it the "enhanced Treatment", hint,hint)

I'd forgotten how to manually install scenery correctly on Win versions greater than 7, ie. click in the white space. Dur. 

Now though, since I did the install correctly I'm able to see the buildings and such and with access to the proper libraries most of this old legacy FS9 scenery is at least working. Some problems with auto traffic and flattening out by the edges where it joins the orbx, but all the runways and taxiways appear to function correctly and it's usable in it's current form. Color me a happy camper!

I would like to see KBFM - Mobile Downtown Airport (IATA - BFM; ICAO - KBFM) where Airbus is building the A-320 and probably soon the A220.  It is a nice little airport located right on Mobile Bay.  The A220 is formally known as the Bombardier CS300.

• Like 1

Hi

Is it possible to have ENOV Ørsta-Volda Airport enhanced in p3d v4 freeware as in X plane? I flew today there and I think it can be improved, there are some ground texures (city) that can be reworked to make it nicer

Thanks

A very humble request to have CYND included in the future releases bucket list. The Gatineau aiport is my "home" airport, and is great location for cross-country flights to existing "FTX enhanced airports" at St-Jean (CYND), Sherbrooke (CYSC), Kingston (CYGK). I required, I can even have access to the tarmac and hangars for pictures.

With thanks!

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes. Is there any way to import the buildings into ADE. I can bring in the airport (KSBA in this case) into ADE but it does not show the buildings or the jetways. I would like to change some of the buildings to better match what is there and make the jetways work. The terminal should be 2 story and the jetways come off of the second floor.

Thanks

Hi,

Samoa's Faleolo International Airport has a beautiful new chinese constructed terminal building which would make a wonderful addition to your Pago Pago scenery.

http://www.samoaobserver.ws/en/20_12_2018/local/29018/Samoa%E2%80%99s-$140million-International-Gateway.htm

Christoph

Hi I really love the scenery that comes out of this group.. I'd really like too see someone do lower Texas Spring Break an Valley areas.. KBRO Brownsville South Padre Island..  KCRP Corpus Christi Texas. and KHRL Harlingen..  Also would Like too see someone from this group do KSAT = San Antonio Texas..  However my main request is for the valley and Spring Break Hot Spots like KBRO and KCRP and Harlingen..  Need a Brownsville South Padre really bad.. 

Just to all members, I don't believe that this is a sub-section for scenery requests??? I believe it is meant for notice of add-ons (that do not conflict with Forum rules) that are available now at other 3rd party freeware sites.:)

KMHK in Manhattan, Kansas - It is in the central part of the U.S.A., it has had recent (Beautiful) modifications, and has some nice smaller airports close-by that would be fun for practicing take-offs and landings.  The landscape is filled with flinthills and valleys with Tuttle Creek Lake, Milford Lake, Wamego Minicipal Airport, and Fort Riley Airport (Freeman Field) and the KONZA Prarie to have beautiful VFR adventures over and around.  Short hops to Kansas City International and the airports in Topeka and Wichita, Kansas.  

10 minutes ago, sfreeby41163 said:

KMHK in Manhattan, Kansas - It is in the central part of the U.S.A., it has had recent (Beautiful) modifications, and has some nice smaller airports close-by that would be fun for practicing take-offs and landings.  The landscape is filled with flinthills and valleys with Tuttle Creek Lake, Milford Lake, Wamego Minicipal Airport, and Fort Riley Airport (Freeman Field) and the KONZA Prarie to have beautiful VFR adventures over and around.  Short hops to Kansas City International and the airports in Topeka and Wichita, Kansas.  

+1

• 2 weeks later...

Another nice one that would provide some interesting flying is 3R9 Lakeway Airpark.

Or better still, I would be more than happy to pay for a full blown version if anyone is thinking of branching into Texas ;)

Cheers,

Nathan

Edited by ftwd
  • Like 2

One request for a European airport : Sabadell LELL is the closest GA Airport for Barcelona, it would be great to enjoy the newly released City Scene Barcelona, I always feel silly taking of from a huge international Airport like El Prat in a C172... 

A little while ago I finally made it to a small, two-runway grass strip over in the woods in southeastern New Brunswick, the Havelock Airport (CCS5); I'd been meaning to get over for their annual BBQ Fly-in week-end for years, but weather and other factors had always conspired against me:

I was thinking that it might be a good candidate for an Enhanced Freeware Airport treatment; if memory serves correct, I believe the default rendition in FSX/P3D only has a single runway.