Freeware airport requests

Being that it's rather inefficient to rumble through the FTX enhanced airport release announcements to find airport requests, I thought I would open a centralized request thread. This will help Neil and the team as we continuously develop our airport to do lists. Just remember that we do not do enhanced airports in Orbx full regions as those have already been done. We will try to include as many requests on our lists as possible and many will eventually be completed. However, please be patient (as you all have been) though, as it may take some time as we all have a long list of airports in the pipeline already. This request thread is for any airport, not just ones in North America.

Request away!

Cheers,

Todd

Hi Todd,

Would enjoy seeing Debert Airport (CCQ3) Debert Airport, Nova Scotia, Canada. Has three runways. "It was established in 1941 as RCAF Station Debert and was used during World War II as a British Commonwealth Air Training Plan facility for training aircrew."

Great GA friendly airport. Now used as a flight training centre with C172's year round and for glider training in the summer months. Located on Spitfire Road :)

http://skyvector.com/airport/CCQ3/Debert-Airport

Thanks to all of you for your great work.

Regards,

Roger

Thanks Todd for this opportunity to propose.  

To complement the wonderful OrbX Port Moresby, I would suggest a medium haul destination to the East (775 nm from AYPY) : Henderson Field, the airport of Honiara, the capital city of The Solomons. It would thus open the "slot" of the Guadalcanal campaign to FS navigation :) ! Beautiful flying with  a lot of volcanoes and generally very nice cloudscapes.

• Upvote 4

Kiel - Holtenau EDHK - next to the Kiel  Canal and the Ehrenmal in Laboe as a backdrop would be a great little Airport.

Right on the Baltic Sea next to Denmark, close to Sweden and Norway and 20 minute flight to EDDH Hamburg.

• Upvote 2

Hi.  I'd like to request:

KMQY Smyrna, TN (Nashville metropolitan area)

KBWG Bowling Green, KY

KTRI Tri-Cities Regional Airport, TN

KILM Wilmington, NC

KMYR Myrtle Beach, SC

KGNV Gainesville, FL

KMTH Marathon, FL

KEKO Elko, NV

KROW Roswell, NM

KFHU Sierra Vista, AZ

Thanks!

Just want to thank the freeware developers for all their efforts in providing the updated small airports around the world.  This thread as the place to inquire and/or request airports to be updated is the best idea since buttered toast IMHO.  Now if we can just get everyone to utilize it it will streamline the release announcement forums greatly.

Thanks once again.

• Like 1

Thanks Todd for starting this thread.As I do most of my flying around Queensland could I suggest the following airports that could do with the FTX touch.

Mackay YBMK

Proserpine/Whitsunday YBPN

Bowen YBWN

Maroochydore.Sunshine Coast YBSU- would compliment Caloundra YCDR perfectly

Toowoomba YTWB

Thank you again for the opportunity to make my suggestions

• Upvote 2

Burlington-Alamance Regional Airport (KBUY) in Burlington, North Carolina, a significant airport in the region and the home of the engine manufacturing facility for the HondaJet.

Thanks for the freeware airports and for starting this thread. :)

CYYB please! (North Bay, Ontario)..Started out as TCA emergency field and became RCAF Station during wartime and post war for about 20 years. Still a very active place.

'preciate it. :smile:

It would be nice to see some airports in Alaska. I suggest the following:

Unalakleet - PAUN.  This airport is very out of date in FSX now, the real one has paved runways and parking.  It's featured in "Flying Wild Alaska", for those who were fans of the show.

Fairbanks Metro Field - (No Icao Code, IATA code MTX).  Some personal interest in this one as one of the air operators I want to include in my AI package uses this airfield, and there's currently nothing there except a dirt runway and a huge green rectangle.

Talkeetna - PATK.  This is the base for scenic and mountaineering flights into the Alaska Range and Mt. McKinley / Denali.  Fantastic scenery and a nice flight from Anchorage, but it looks appalling in FSX!

Any number of other regional centres for bush traffic such as Bethel, Nome, Kotzebue, Barrow or Dillingham/King Salmon.

There's my ideas, take 'em or leave 'em.  Thanks for the opportunity to suggest them.

• Like 1

It would be nice to see some airports in Alaska. I suggest the following:

Unalakleet - PAUN.  This airport is very out of date in FSX now, the real one has paved runways and parking.  It's featured in "Flying Wild Alaska", for those who were fans of the show......

Any number of other regional centres for bush traffic such as Bethel, Nome, Kotzebue, Barrow or Dillingham/King Salmon.

Any of these airports you can download at: http://www.eraalaskava.net/download---fsx-scenery.html

I simply HAVE to make another suggestion: in the current Lufthansa Inflight magazine there is a story regarding Samsoe Airport, on a danish island in the Kattegat. Find the article, a map and marvelous detailed shots here on page 70-76 (nearly a must-read for north european bushflyers):

http://www.lhm-lounge.de/downloads/standardbeitrag/608359/lh_1410_inter.pdf

Thanks for the offer. Please do KUGN, Waukegan Illinois, home of Stick and Rudder Flying Club. I never got to solo because of flight surgeon issues, but the training sure was fun! Thanks again!

Sherm

Sherman Kaplan

Highland Park. IL