Pago Pago a big thank you to Ken and Tim

VH-KDK

Just happened to notice that this eagerly awaited product has been released.

Quite surprised, even though Iain had put up his final shots I was not expecting this so soon.

Must have got in before the rush as downloading to flying took less than half an hour.

So I have now taken my first flight from FAQ and I must say what an incredible scenery this is.

Plenty to explore over the next few days, long week end here in Oz but I have to work on Monday.

Anyway Tim and Ken this is work of the highest quality and many thanks to you both.

Now when are you going to let us know what your next excellent project is?

Being proactive here before the complaining starts.

Downloaded in 20 minutes with IDM

Unzipped instantly with WinZip

Installed in 4 minutes.

On the runway ready to take off in 3.5 minutes.

20 dollars US with the senior discount.

Another win-win-win for Orbx.

Noel

[ . . . ]

Anyway Tim and Ken this is work of the highest quality and many thanks to you both.

[ . . . ]

Let me Martin highjack your thread to add:

Plenty to see, to explore ... In any case, by my first impressions: really high quality - in details and textures, not to mention the high FPS!

Thank you Ken and Tim, your sceneries are increasingly raising the level of elaboration!

Cheers,

Just purchased, about six hours after release (and late morning western US time).  Download took just two minutes using IDM--one of my fastest Orbx downloads ever at about 9MB per second (I have 100+ Mbps Internet service).  Install was a breeze, about 4 minutes.

As the FSS download capacity was improved during the May sale, Pago Pago downloads hopefully should remain fast in the days ahead.

Installed in 4 minutes.

Noel

You can also take off 5% if you use "OZXMEMBER"! That is, if you're a member of OZx  8)

Just bought and downloaded it while flying from Kokoda to Emo mission, one of my favourite flights ever, going low and slow in the A2A Piper Cub. If your second experience is anything like your first I'm sure I'll be blown away by the quality, I hope I'll have some time to try it out tomorrow. And though I made a suggestion for the 3rd experience, I'll be happy with anything you do because you obviously put so much love and enthusiasm into it.

Just purchased, about six hours after release (and late morning western US time).  Download took just two minutes using IDM--one of my fastest Orbx downloads ever at about 9MB per second (I have 100+ Mbps Internet service).  Install was a breeze, about 4 minutes.

As the FSS download capacity was improved during the May sale, Pago Pago downloads hopefully should remain fast in the days ahead.

Wow, lucky you - I live in eastern Melbourne and boast a whopping 450kb/sec! And that is an increase from my previous ISP. Talk about state of the art in dear old Oz.

WOW indeed! Definitely looks like a "must have".

One question though .... it says "Designed to work best with the FTX Global basepack" , which I don't have at present.

I plan to update my hardware later this year, and will certainly be moving down the global path then, but as for now, all my limited flying is within the AU and NA regions.

Will I be frustrated if I install Pago Pago WITHOUT the Global basepack ?

Cheers

I would also like to add my thanks, I used to share a house with a Samoan Family a few years back and they were awesome, kept me well fed and lots of good times. I still haven't been to Samoa but there is a large Samoan population where I live in Wellington so I have lots of Samoan friends. This is awesome to be able to explore Samoa before having a chance to go there.

Cheers

Installed in 4 minutes.

Noel

Senior discount??

As in age based ?

Could you kindly elaborate

Thanks

TTM

I picked up it yesterday after some hesitation because along with  most everyone else here, I blew things out with the sale.  I figured I had plenty of new scenery to keep me busy for quite a while.  However, talk about a WOW!!!  I absolutely love Pago Pago!!  Along with Alabeo's Titan I'm having so much fun island hopping it's just crazy.  And then once I get to an island, helicopter tours as well as scenic tours in the A2A Cessna 172 keeps me flying for hours.  A definite way to go guys!! Two thumbs up once again ORBX.

Thanks Mike

I qualify.

It would be a nice gesture if FSS gave it to me retrospectively  on the several hundred dollars I have put through their tills at full price  in ignorance of its existence.

But it does beg the question about how prominent it is on their web site.

Must check that out & perhaps have a chat with them.

TTM

Like iflygary I purchased a lot of Airports (and Global) in the recent sale, but for the first time since Essendon was released, I actually got Pago Pago right off the bat, within probably ten minutes of receiving the email notification that it had been released.  Of course it still took me until today to actually get flying there, as my FSX crashed late last night after loading it up (nothing to do with Pago Pago, but the stupid FSX Kneeboard causing FSX to crash, which I forgot about).

Congratulations Tim and Ken on an outstanding product.  I still have plenty of exploring to do, which is always a good thing.

Cheers,

Well finally got around to it yesterday, and just have to add my congrats to Tim and Ken - fantastic package guys. Apart from the fun of flying around the islands, there are some great challenge's in those small strips.

Don 

One of the marks of a truly outstanding scenery experience for me is that it convinces me to tour it by helicopter. Even my usual airplanes of choice (C172 and C182) seem too fast to take in all the wonderful detail of this scenery. Great job guys!

It's always been too much to hope for a Samoa in FSX/P3D, but now we have the whole thing and it is stunning. 

In late 1998 my wife and I entered Pago Pago Harbor in our sailboat planning to interrupt our wandering for a couple of years so we could replenish our cruising funds. I hopped on a local bus and headed to the airport wearing my best pair of flip flops. After being ignored for a couple of hours the chief pilot saw my resume and came out to speak to me. I'd never flown a Twin Otter but had several thousand hours with the same PT-6 engines in King Airs. I wound up flying two years with them as a line captain.  

I generally had the first flight in the morning, a 0600 departure from Pago to the Manua islands with Ofu and Tau. Neither had fuel nor power carts, so it was quick turns with only the left engine shut down. The Orbx versions of both are very accurate with virtually no ramp at Ofu, a short runway with water at both ends. You would touch down close to the end, go into reverse, and as soon as speed allowed shut down the left so it would be stopped by the east end of the runway where we loaded. I'd hop out and help with loading while the FO was very busy with weight and balance with onloads and offloads for the two airports. Three minute turns could be done as we headed for the same routine at the less difficult Fitiuta. 

The FO had the leg back to Pago and if the wind, almost always from the southeast, was not too strong I'd encourage a downwind landing on 26, saving a few minutes that could give us time to grab coffee before two or three round trips to Fagalii in the other Samoa. The afternoon and evening flights went to the other crews, using just Pago and Faleolo after dark. We had two Twin Otters as did Polynesian and they also used an Islander. 

There were a couple of flights to Maota from Pago each week. That tiny ramp is accurate and I can remember using reverse there a couple of times to clear another plane on the ramp. A memory that will stay with me always is a ramp guy bringing an ice cold liter of raw milk out to the plane for me-- it tasted so good. Don't know where he got it as cows were very rare and powdered or boxed long life milk was the norm. It was quite the honor. 

In bad weather, the wind came from the north and turned Ofu into the most difficult airport of my flying career. The wind would flow over the island and downdraft onto the airport and the approaches. Often it was just impossible and it became a judgment call for each captain. You really wanted to get in too as there were no boats supplying Ofu and Tau, just our two planes. 

The other flight I had was a once a week trip to Vavau in Tonga, a lengthy over water flight for the Otter. We'd cross the dateline on that flight arriving in Tonga a day before leaving Pago, but a day  later than Tonga on the return. 

It was the most fun flying I had in my career. I loved the people and their islands. The challenge was always there in the flying. Now I get to go back there. Thanks so much to Orbx and Tim and Ken for this jewel. 

Cheers,

Steve

I just finished a helicopter trip around Tutuila and I'm totally blown away. Every turn opens up new, fantastic views into bays, upon beaches, rocky cliffs, villages...it's paradise. I hope that sales numbers will reflect how great your scenery is. Thanks again!

This is fantastic scenery!!  I job very well done.

This has to be one of the best scenery packages ORBX has done.

Very well done guys.

Cheers,

Craig :)

Thanks to all for the kind words,

great story Steve, your a lucky man to have been able to do all that, very pleased that the scenery is bringing back memories for you

I just realize that your THE KEN!!!! ha ha ha. I understand now why you said on my video: dare I say you've still only scratched the surface.

Let me have a fifth look!!!! ha ha

Great work guys and very well chosen location.

Ben

Archived