Introducing Essendon Fields Airport, YMEN - the HQ of Orbx!

• Anna Cicognani changed the title to Introducing Essendon Fields Airport, YMEN - the HQ of Orbx!

During Flight training at Moorabbin - we used Essendon for "Primary Control Zone" - training

entrance and Exit - including a landing and ground control. The new Tullarmarine airport was a no no.

I just looked into my logbook and coincidence  - coincidence - I did my first landing at Essendon

Sept 2nd 1972 - and 49 years later -  I remember it well:)

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

During Flight training at Moorabbin - we used Essendon for "Primary Control Zone" - training

entrance and Exit - including a landing and ground control. The new Tullarmarine airport was a no no.

I just looked into my logbook and coincidence  - coincidence - I did my first landing at Essendon

Sept 2nd 1972 - and 49 years later -  I remember it well:)

Nice one John! You still have that logbook? Ah, time does not fade significant memories. You've got to purchase this one young man.

Cheers

Graeme :)

• Like 3

I am a huge fan of modelled interiors, and I love what you have done her, including that shiny hallway in the 4th picture above. But just once I'd like to see people that reflect the times and wear masks. Anyway great job. It looks fantastic!

1-668ace8c02c7020ded75bc70a59f22ef.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, boetie said:

Nice one John! You still have that logbook? Ah, time does not fade significant memories. You've got to purchase this one young man.

Cheers

Graeme :)

I already did 2 years ago - and used it for this old lady - now waiting for the weekend to update the Port

BTW enjoy your week lockdown - more time for simming

I000s of takeoffs and Landings here.jpg

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 1

Nice for my home town of Melbourne.  I got my Recreational Pilot License at Tyabb along with X-country Endorsement, and then went to Moorabbin for CTA Endorsement which required some flights into Avalon and Essendon.  I pop in to the pilot shop at Essendon every now and then - next time I might pop in and annoy the Orbx staff!  Cheers.

• Like 2

Obviously a labor of love by the Orbx team due to its significance in the Company's history.

Nicely executed.

I discern a couple of trends - a sharper focus on store front signage, ( a la Bromma), & continued development of interiors.

Shot 3 is intriguing. I wonder if the rest rooms are modelled?:)

TTM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seanmo said:

But just once I'd like to see people that reflect the times and wear masks. Anyway great job. It looks fantastic!

Don't worry they are clearly self isolating. Testing night lighting I took a peek at 1:30 in the morning and they were still there. That's dedication for you :lol:

ORBX.thumb.jpg.d36860ab88e9528654a9b2e94b530541.jpg

All the best,

John

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

This release appears to have really shaken the Melbourne community, but c'mon

a 6 magnitude earthquake is a bit over the top don't you think?

To all my friends across the ditch do hope you are all safe and damage to 

your homes is minimal

Kevin  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Hi ya Kev, we didn't get it in the pineapple state, (or banana benders,) take your pick:) but I have sister in Melbourne, she said it shook her out of bed and ruined her sleep in. :blink:.

Don 

Hi Don, yes I think that they were all very lucky, fingers crossed for the after shocks.

I have a daughter, grandkids and great grandkids at Port Stephens and they are more 

worried about this nasty virus that seems to have a mind of its own.

Kevin

On 9/21/2021 at 5:33 PM, John Burgess said:

Don't worry they are clearly self isolating. Testing night lighting I took a peek at 1:30 in the morning and they were still there. That's dedication for you :lol:

ORBX.thumb.jpg.d36860ab88e9528654a9b2e94b530541.jpg

All the best,

John

I've seen one looking at a turned off monitor all day. Spooooky.. :o

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, John Dow said:

Apparently the staff member in question is booting up the computers, this one is a bit slow. :)

I see, Orbx has a staff member just for booting computers. So that's where my money goes. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Orbx unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, benjoglove said:

@OrbxCouldn't find RFDS base. Is there one depicted in this scenery please. If so were?

Yes everything in the airport that is or was there when the data was acquired is depicted.  I just checked and it's right where it should be.