YBBN Brisbane International Airport for P3Dv4+ close to release!

We are proud to return to our Australian roots with this completely new version of Brisbane Airport for Prepar3D v4 and v5!

2021-3-19_16-33-28-361.jpg

Our contemporary version of Brisbane Airport captures the atmosphere and feeling of this busy international airport in the heart of Queensland, Australia.

Serving as the primary international airport in Queensland, over 30 airlines fly to almost 80 destinations from Brisbane to all over Australia, Asia, and the Americas. By far the largest airline at Brisbane Airport is Qantas with a staggering 700 scheduled flights a week, including to Orbx destinations such as Melbourne, Cairns, Broome and Alice Springs.

Brisbane Airport is the work of our experienced team in Havant who have overhauled the airport with a considerable number of updates since our original 2010 release, effectively rebuilding the airport from scratch. Built using current modelling techniques, Physically Based Rendering (PBR) complements our realistic models with highly detailed textures. Custom SODE jetways, including T-style jetways, and VDGS integration ensure an immersive and accurate experience from gate to gate. 

Included is high-definition and colour-corrected 30cm ortho around the entire airport area. We have also carefully designed the airport to take full advantage of Australia v2. Flying north towards Moreton Island National Park will enable you to admire the stunning views of this island resort, whilst the south is populated with the city of Brisbane.

YBBN Brisbane Airport v2 brings the airport to today’s standard with an accurate layout of all taxiways and airport buildings. This includes the new parallel runway (01L/19R) that opened in July 2020.

Armed with local knowledge and a combined 30 years of development experience, this is our most detailed Australian airport yet, giving you more exciting possibilities in our home country.

Customers with Brisbane Airport v1 in their OrbxDirect account will be able to take advantage of a 50% discount when purchasing Brisbane Airport v2 for Prepar3D v4 and v5.  Brisbane Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator is currently in development. The 50% discount for Brisbane Airport v1 customers will also apply when purchasing Brisbane Airport v2 for MSFS.

Stay tuned for more updates!

2021-3-21_16-22-51-0.jpg

2021-3-19_16-31-33-659.jpg

2021-3-19_17-7-24-552.jpg

QiAIoqS.jpg

14aGHT8.jpg

2021-3-19_16-32-29-318.jpg

2021-3-19_16-57-33-182.jpg

2021-3-19_17-3-30-581.jpg

e9VKPvG.jpg

VXNkGTw.jpg

XaOFQVR.jpg

UoSu8qi.jpg

2021-3-19_16-29-13-656.jpg

qhFzW1x.jpg

2021-3-19_16-26-23-702.jpg

7EZ1fJK.jpg

2021-3-19_17-4-17-444.jpg

2021-3-19_16-18-53-889.jpg

cBRSqK8.jpg

2021-3-19_17-11-29-396.jpg

2021-3-19_17-17-32-559.jpg

B2v2A7i.jpg

2021-3-19_17-15-6-153.jpg

Qwhshyu.jpg

2021-3-21_16-43-41-33.jpg

7ZLmaH9.jpg

2021-3-19_17-12-28-348.jpg

2021-3-21_9-30-47-221.jpg

2021-3-21_16-28-2-143.jpg

2021-3-21_16-21-42-872.jpg

2021-3-19_16-30-22-444.jpg

2021-3-19_16-31-2-836.jpg

2021-3-19_17-13-52-90.jpg

Will be getting the MSFS version for sure and I'm very tempted to get the P3d one as well

given the generous discount offer. I am trying to ween myself off P3d but all my top aircraft

keep me going back so as not to forget what real simulator aircraft are like. Decisions, decisions eh :unsure:

Kevin

16 minutes ago, greybeard said:

Will be getting the MSFS version for sure and I'm very tempted to get the P3d one as well

given the generous discount offer. I am trying to ween myself off P3d but all my top aircraft

keep me going back so as not to forget what real simulator aircraft are like. Decisions, decisions eh :unsure:

Kevin

P3Dv4 for me greybeard.

It was a good game of pool yesterday on miniclip.

I come up as Grant etc etc. :D

cheers

Gumby

Amazing eye candy, thats about it. Orbx isnt really known for their attention to detail. Youve got majority of the big stuff right, but when you look past that, you start to see everything is just out of place, lines are misplaced and don't get me started on those aerobridges at domestic. The items you interact with should be the highlight of any scenery imo.

Thanks again, but Ill probably be giving this a miss. 

1 hour ago, jneil29 said:

Amazing eye candy, thats about it. Orbx isnt really known for their attention to detail. Youve got majority of the big stuff right, but when you look past that, you start to see everything is just out of place, lines are misplaced and don't get me started on those aerobridges at domestic. The items you interact with should be the highlight of any scenery imo.

Thanks again, but Ill probably be giving this a miss. 

That's a shame, but your loss I suppose, so it's up to you. What troubles you about the jetbridges out of interest?

4 hours ago, F737NG said:

Great! Looking forward to getting this.

Cheeky request: Any chance of Brisbane City Pack for MSFS being 'ported' across to P3D?
Would be a fantastic combination.

There’s a good chance, we’ve started the development of it. 

18 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

please go ahead, I am sure that the developers will be interested.

The domestic jet bridges don't slide inside of a casing, the whole structure sits on a rolling mechanism and the entire structure moves. Additionally you can see in the preview shot of bay 20 and 21, that the black squares make an appearance because of the current design.

Not to mention also missing the bay numbers in the bay number signs at international.

One thing that is important to note about all of those things is that they can be updated over time. Everything on release dates aren’t perfect, and that’s just that. You also have to remember Orbx do a lot more than just create scenery all day and pay millions of dollars to make it all they pristine perfect. They have real lives to work for aswell. Anyways I hope this amazing product by Orbx can get released soon. And hope this is not the issue holding it back.... thanks Orbx for doing this. Huge pat on the back to you!!

5 hours ago, Mitch’s Aviation said:

One thing that is important to note about all of those things is that they can be updated over time. Everything on release dates aren’t perfect, and that’s just that. You also have to remember Orbx do a lot more than just create scenery all day and pay millions of dollars to make it all they pristine perfect. They have real lives to work for aswell. Anyways I hope this amazing product by Orbx can get released soon. And hope this is not the issue holding it back.... thanks Orbx for doing this. Huge pat on the back to you!!

Found the Orbx fanboy.

Orbx are a business, they work full time on these products. Their updates are not known to incorporate upgrades either unless it repairs a bug. 

One other thing that's important to note, is I'm not being a dick or discouraging what Orbx is doing, but like QFA1213 said when you make this claim;

On 3/21/2021 at 5:08 PM, Orbx said:

Armed with local knowledge and a combined 30 years of development experience, this is our most detailed Australian airport yet, giving you more exciting possibilities in our home country.

and can immediately find major flaws in the promotional screenshots, it says a lot.

Thanks Orbx for your work on it, its appreciated and I'm sure it will still be a big seller, I might wait for the first update though and see what can be incorporated into that before I make the purchase. 

4 minutes ago, jneil29 said:

Found the Orbx fanboy.

Orbx are a business, they work full time on these products. Their updates are not known to incorporate upgrades either unless it repairs a bug. 

One other thing that's important to note, is I'm not being a dick or discouraging what Orbx is doing, but like QFA1213 said when you make this claim;

and can immediately find major flaws in the promotional screenshots, it says a lot.

Thanks Orbx for your work on it, its appreciated and I'm sure it will still be a big seller, I might wait for the first update though and see what can be incorporated into that before I make the purchase. 

In the end, it's better to have something than nothing. Orbx could have easily not upgraded YBBN. I'm thankful for the fact that they did and even if it's 90% accurate with some things missing. The things pointed out by QFA1213 shows he has very good knowledge of the airport and it's quirks. However even with these things missing, it won't take away from the experience of arriving/departing out of the airport in the simulator for most people. They haven't ever claimed that this will be a 1:1 representation.

Yes it might not have the attention to detail that some other developers deliver, but all up, it's tremendously improved.

2 minutes ago, DModjo said:

In the end, it's better to have something than nothing. Orbx could have easily not upgraded YBBN. I'm thankful for the fact that they did and even if it's 90% accurate with some things missing. The things pointed out by QFA1213 shows he has very good knowledge of the airport and it's quirks. However even with these things missing, it won't take away from the experience of arriving/departing out of the airport in the simulator for most people. They haven't ever claimed that this will be a 1:1 representation.

Yes it might not have the attention to detail that some other developers deliver, but all up, it's tremendously improved.

Sure, for the average user, wrong lead in lines and incorrect aerobridges don't really mean anything. 

I'm not denying the improvement, like I said, I appreciate the work they have put into the product, it is a far cry from V1. I never expected a 1:1 representation, but for the actual things you interact with as a flight simulator, you'd expect those to be the focus of the development.

We will continue to agree to disagree, thanks for the comments and I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, what you have said is accurate, but at the same time, making claims about how detailed something is then showing screenshots of it, with quite obvious detailing flaws (ie the no numbers in the gate signs at the international terminal), is a let down for people who appreciate the specifics. 

I used to work at BNE myself, so I guess I feel a little offended by these little mistakes and I'm probably letting that get in the way of my true opinion on the subject haha. 

I'll probably still end up buying it myself, so end of the day, we are all here to enjoy the hobby and this scenery will greatly improve the experience of flying into Brisbane in P3D.  

2 hours ago, Mitch’s Aviation said:

little question, when do you think this product will be available in the store for purchase??

1 hour ago, dabr0an said:

I'd love to know too, so I don't have to keep visiting Orbx website every hour XD 

On average its about 5/6 days from when the preview post was made. So I would be guessing late this week. 

On 3/23/2021 at 7:21 PM, CaptVirtual said:

Fastest growing and largest aviation region in the world, yet sorely ignored by FS developers.  Please more Asian airports.
Bangkok, Phuket, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Jakarta, Hong Kong, Seoul Incheon, and numerous Chinese airports.

Orbx.jpg

Do you have to hijack this topic to talk about something else? And every airport you listed has scenery already for it.

Archived