Innsbruck By Night: Dynamic Lighting Previews for P3Dv4!

G'day guys, 

Whilst work on the new ObjectFlow module is going on at a frantic pace behind the scenes, I thought I might put up a few screenshots of the new dynamic lighting being introduced at Innsbruck Airport. This will be one of the very first ORBX airports to include this new feature in P3Dv4, and will be rolled out as soon as all our airports are released for v4 (ie, once Objectflow is ready). 

A considerable amount of effort has been spent testing this new lighting, and the result is a balance between performance and detail, with the airport relying on a combination of both dynamic (for aprons and primary areas) and traditional rendered (secondary areas) lighting. For those of you who would prefer, the dynamic lighting can also be entirely disabled via the LOWI control panel; the disabled option will show lighting exactly the same as in P3Dv3. 

Lastly, I've also added a couple of daytime shots from v4 with all sliders maxed. This is solely to show the excellent new autogen rendering distances - a huge step up from previous versions of the sim. You will notice that generic trees and buildings now render almost the entire distance to the horizon, something that makes a big difference from an immersion perspective. 

Anyway, enjoy the shots. As always, no release dates will be given, but it is worth noting that I've been holding back on these previews until I was confident that some more news on the Objectflow update wasn't too far away :)

FAXo0AV.jpg

GcWV9lI.jpg

IpDNLu6.jpg

ArmnPOw.jpg

sPhC2YV.jpg

AYjMLfQ.jpg

h2pn3qM.jpg

YhQFdbA.jpg

Cheers,

Jarrad

Looks good but quick Q: Dynamic lights - I take it this will be an option within FTX Central for Innsbruck (& future sceneries) to disable this and have legacy lights as well? As we all know, add dynamic lights + complex airliner + 4k and see graphics card wanting to jump out the window...

Hoping LM refine it as it matures but in the interim I've found it necessary to disable dynamic lights at airports unfortunately with my 980ti and 4k monitor w/ pmdg aircraft.

Thanks

9 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

Anyway, enjoy the shots. As always, no release dates will be given, but it is worth noting that I've been holding back on these previews until I was confident that some more news on the Objectflow update wasn't too far away :)

A great addition to your incredible work Jarrad.

The general hint in your last paragraph was also interesting...... :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Roger

Jarrad, thank you for the informative post but whats up with those trees near the water in the last pic? They look like they are covered in snow like they are winter trees?

Oh yeah and the Dynamic Lighting looks amazing.

Nathan

Thanks guys, 

12 hours ago, rdtv91 said:

Looks good but quick Q: Dynamic lights - I take it this will be an option within FTX Central for Innsbruck (& future sceneries) to disable this and have legacy lights as well?

7 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

How would these shots look if dynamic lighting wasn't being used, just as a point of comparison?

No worries at all - as per my comments in the opening topic, yes it will be possible to disable the dynamic lighting via the control panel, and the alternative lighting will be the exact same as what you currently see in P3Dv3. I've attached an old preview screenshot from P3Dv3 showing this legacy lighting: 

7lOp0TV.jpg

21 minutes ago, Kilstorm said:

Jarrad, thank you for the informative post but whats up with those trees near the water in the last pic? They look like they are covered in snow like they are winter trees?

Great spotting Nathan :) These are blackthorn bushes, which blossom with white flowers during spring (when this shot was taken). They are a nice autogen shrub type from our FTX England region product that I have used a little bit around LOWI for ornamental shrub types.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Sure is looking good Jarrad. I sure can't wait to have a home again and be able to set up my simpit' and get back into exploring all the great Orbx scenery I have been missing out on, not to mention P3D V4. 

Archived