Happy Birthday wain71

thanks everyone for the Birthday wishes and nice comments.....had a busy day and hospital but hopefully tonight I'll get time for a little drink or two....

Just to put some meat on the bones as they say, had a whirlwind two weeks, went in for some diabetes tests only to be told I don't have that but I'm peeing blood, so a long discussion with the doc and an internal (ouch) and I get referred for more tests and bloods, ultrasound and more examinations.... seems I have the symptoms of bladder or prostate cancer but it obviously may not be, that was a shocker, I had cancer 10 years ago so because of that the NHS will see me within 2 weeks, which they have done and Monday I have the joy of a camera into the bladder, that'll make you wince, then an MRI and then hopefully a nice doc saying I'm okay.....fingers crossed...staying positive but my dad had all my symptoms 4 years ago and lasted 3 months, so it's a little challenging at the minute....

anyway apologies if that's to much detail but I don't talk about stuff like this much and it felt good to get it out there.

Wayne

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

On 9/15/2023 at 4:56 PM, wain71 said:

Monday I have the joy of a camera into the bladder

Hello Wayne,
I notice that tomorrow is Monday, so may I wish you the best possible outcome from the day
in the fervent hope that it turns out that all is well.
The very best wishes to you.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy (belated) birthday, Wayne!  Many happy returns!!!

Ken

P.S.  Hang in there, my friend.  I've been through prostate cancer (13 years ago)  and blood in the urine, so the camera into the bladder (kidney stones).  I have friend who had bladder cancer at the same time as my prostate issues.  I'm fine.  He's fine. It's scary, to be sure, but with modern medicine these can be beat!  My best wishes and prayers go with you.

Edited by Ken Q
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would update here just in case anyone is wondering how it's gone.....MRI was done, had talk with consultant, over here they rate you and your prostate on a 1 - 5, I'm a 3, mines enlarged and hard, so at risk of maybe it turning cancerous at some point (there words), they feel a biopsy wouldn't be very productive at the moment so the decision was made to put me on tablets and to be tested twice per year, this would mean if / when it gets worse it would be picked up, also no caffeine....

so sort of better news then may have been expected but with a hint of concern, I guess though that taking meds and being checked puts me in quite a good place if it ever turns bad because it will be picked up early....

thanks everyone that posted nice positive points and took the time to offer support and encouragement, like I said to @Rodger Pettichord since leaving the military I don't mix that well so you guys on here have helped me get through a bit of a worrying time, I really appreciate it...this is a good place full of nice people...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, wain71 said:

Just thought I would update here just in case anyone is wondering how it's gone.....MRI was done, had talk with consultant, over here they rate you and your prostate on a 1 - 5, I'm a 3, mines enlarged and hard, so at risk of maybe it turning cancerous at some point (there words), they feel a biopsy wouldn't be very productive at the moment so the decision was made to put me on tablets and to be tested twice per year, this would mean if / when it gets worse it would be picked up, also no caffeine....

so sort of better news then may have been expected but with a hint of concern, I guess though that taking meds and being checked puts me in quite a good place if it ever turns bad because it will be picked up early....

thanks everyone that posted nice positive points and took the time to offer support and encouragement, like I said to @Rodger Pettichord since leaving the military I don't mix that well so you guys on here have helped me get through a bit of a worrying time, I really appreciate it...this is a good place full of nice people...

All the best, mate. Health is the most important value of all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wain71 said:

Thanks for sharing the pretty good news, Wayne. My prostate says congratulations to your prostate. Old guys stick together!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, wain71 said:

so sort of better news then may have been expected but with a hint of concern,

Hello Wayne,
I had the same tests and the biopsy.
It was negative.
Now I just take one capsule a day and all is well.
I expect that it will be the same for you.
I was told that every man above the age of 20 has an enlarged prostate, the only question is by how much. 😁
So it's nothing to worry about in itself.
Have a read of this: Benign prostate enlargement - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
It'll make you feel even better.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1