Searching for Piranhas

Jack Sawyer

12 minutes ago, ikbenik said:

Fine shots Jack...but for looking and hunting Piranhas, and flying a yellow bird, I expected you to dive under the bridges or at least very close to the water...;)

Thank you sir.  I was tempted but people may get tired of my dopey antics.  I really wanted to see the Amazon and just how huge it is, and it's huge.  I wonder if sometime I might fly a 737 in heading mode from the headwaters to the end of it.  It might take 7 or 8 hours?  Dunno.

• Like 3

Great set of shots Jack.  A friend of mine has his own Estate Agents business and he has a display tank with red-bellied piranhas in it in his office.  Man are they mean looking things.  Cheers,

Calum

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Caluma65 said:

Great set of shots Jack.  A friend of mine has his own Estate Agents business and he has a display tank with red-bellied piranhas in it in his office.  Man are they mean looking things.  Cheers,

Calum

That's cool.  I don't know if they're even allowed here.  They have quite the reputation though.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful images Jack.

It is hard to imagine the ammount of water that flows down the Amazon.

I will have to invest in the SA mesh somewhen.:)

Thanks Martyn.  Isn't it the world's largest river?  Not sure.

• Like 1

Very nice shots Jack and a nice paint of the C310. :) MSFS is of course very good to explore such large areas using the "on the fly" scenery.

Thank you for the recommendation "Simple Traffic", I've installed it and it's very good. Nice paints and a lot of aircraft everywhere and no fps hit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andiflyit said:

Very nice shots Jack and a nice paint of the C310. :) MSFS is of course very good to explore such large areas using the "on the fly" scenery.

Thank you for the recommendation "Simple Traffic", I've installed it and it's very good. Nice paints and a lot of aircraft everywhere and no fps hit.

Thanks Andreas.  I think that was the first thing I bought for the sim.  It’s much better now.

• Like 1

Very nice area to fly around indeed Jack, great shots

Now that you posted these I remember to post some issues I found in that area and in Puntarenas, there are some bubbles along the that route you took

Maybe later or tomorrow

I recommend you Chile my friend, the country, :lol: I feel you'll like it

Have a nice weekend

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Very nice area to fly around indeed Jack, great shots

Now that you posted these I remember to post some issues I found in that area and in Puntarenas, there are some bubbles along the that route you took

Maybe later or tomorrow

I recommend you Chile my friend, the country, :lol: I feel you'll like it

Have a nice weekend

Cheers

Carlos

Thanks Carlos, I was going to fly from Patagonia to Chile.  Any recommendations for airports in Patagonia?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Carlos, I was going to fly from Patagonia to Chile.  Any recommendations for airports in Patagonia?

Well

I like a short trip at the very tip of SA, from Ushuaia SAWH to Puntarenas SCBI. There are payware for these two, at a reasonable price and quality is good, not Orbx, Pyreegue nor Northen Sky but good

QrRb3R0.jpg

Going up there is Puerto Natales SCNT and El Calafate SWAC

But I like to do this one going over the montains for more scenic shots besides you have Torres del Pine on the way which is great

These payware are from the same developer

xtUoh3Z.jpg

Upper the Patagonia you can visit O'Higgins area, I would say it is increadibly beautiful, use as many weather changes as possible each one brings awsome atmospherics

These is a freeware you can find in flightsim.to

lR1Psfc.jpg

Leaving the Patagonia on the north another nice area is going from Puerto Montt SCTE to Bariloche SAZS

Both payware by the same developer

WRgIFq9.jpg

Actually any place you go in Chile is amazing, the desert in the north, the cities of Santiago and Concepción, all those lakes, glaciers and mountains, the huge cost

It is a breathtaking country. You'll be flying between Chile and Argentina in most of these above

I am not posting shots so you get amazed yourself when discovering the areas.

They are currently in winter in case you fly with live weather. All seasons here are very enjoyable, even a weather such as blizzard heavy :lol:

Happy flights

Cheers

Carlos

Edited by carlosqr
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Well

I like a short trip at the very tip of SA, from Ushuaia SAWH to Puntarenas SCBI. There are payware for these two, at a reasonable price and quality is good, not Orbx, Pyreegue nor Northen Sky but good

QrRb3R0.jpg

Going up there is Puerto Natales SCNT and El Calafate SWAC

But I like to do this one going over the montains for more scenic shots besides you have Torres del Pine on the way which is great

These payware are from the same developer

xtUoh3Z.jpg

Upper the Patagonia you can visit O'Higgins area, I would say it is increadibly beautiful, use as many weather changes as possible each one brings awsome atmospherics

These is a freeware you can find in flightsim.to

lR1Psfc.jpg

Leaving the Patagonia on the north another nice area is going from Puerto Montt SCTE to Bariloche SAZS

Both payware by the same developer

WRgIFq9.jpg

Actually any place you go in Chile is amazing, the desert in the north, the cities of Santiago and Concepción, all those lakes, glaciers and mountains, the huge cost

It is a breathtaking country. You'll be flying between Chile and Argentina in most of these above

I am not posting shots so you get amazed yourself when discovering the areas.

They are currently in winter in case you fly with live weather. All seasons here are very enjoyable, even a weather such as blizzard heavy :lol:

Happy flights

Cheers

Carlos

Excellent Carlos, this more than I hoped for.  I’m going to fly them all.  I made a long flight today, will post it soon as I’m doing other things right now…

• Like 2