This Week's Meaningless Topic (#87) (May 7)

Hi all. Most of us either live near recreational water or have access to it. Presumably, we take advantage of that and enjoy being on it and in it. Which brings us to this week's topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC: Money being no object, what kind of watercraft would you most enjoy?

A.     CRUISE SHIP IN THE SOUTH SEAS

Oceania Cruises Debuts Europe and Tahiti Voyages for 2022 | Travel Agent  Central 

B.      SAIL BOAT ON THE OPEN SEAS 

Navigating the Ocean: Student

C.     YACHT IN THE CARIBBEAN 

The top yachts to charter in the Caribbean this winter

D.     POWER BOAT IN A BAY 

image.jpeg.5c5b8cae9d0f507455a1208cccca4740.jpeg

E.      FAMILY BOAT ON A RIVER 

Best Boats Under $20,000, Small Family Boats | Boating Mag

F.      ROW BOAT ON A LAKE 

2019 Free Public Rowing in Prospect Park! | Village Community Boathouse –  Pier 40

G.     CANOE ON A CREEK 

Canoe Tours | Chaa Creek

H.     FLOATER ON A POOL 

image.jpeg.105737268dbf4ea3659c85612dee83f8.jpeg

I.        RUBBER DUCK IN A BATHTUB 

image.jpeg.b2753553ecc120896aa150683882faba.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

No problems in choosing - Bin thur - dunn that - and on the cheap:)

A- Zaandam - Pacific Cruise

B - My boat - but in the Whitsundays - better than the Caribbean

E - Hire Boat on the Norfolk Broads in the UK

BUT === To old to do it again:'(

ZAANDAM in Sydney 002.jpg

IMGP2607.JPG

01 Ranworth -  Staithe.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, John Heaton said:

No problems in choosing - Bin thur - dunn that - and on the cheap:)

A- Zaandam - Pacific Cruise

B - My boat - but in the Whitsundays - better than the Caribbean

E - Hire Boat on the Norfolk Broads in the UK

BUT === To old to do it again:'(

ZAANDAM in Sydney 002.jpg

IMGP2607.JPG

01 Ranworth -  Staithe.jpg

John, envy, envy, envy, envy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

My choice is not on the list either...white water raft. But, I'll take G, canoe on a river as a second choice ;) 

Landon

I hear you, Landon. Have you done the Snake River up here in the Northwest? Great rafting!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wain71 said:

one thing we have always wanted to try is a cruise, just to have a proper rest and go see stuff, so it'll be an A from me.......

Wayne - Just FYI -  for my trip on Zaandam above - go to -  https://youtu.be/dR0kIn3V0yw  - and see one of a series of ship vids in my channel

on My Pacific cruise on this smaller Ship

• Like 3

Power boat on a lake. My first boat was a Sunbird 20ft I/O and the second a Sea Ray 24ft Cuddy Cabin. :D

The worst thing I ever did was go on a cruise, just awful, I had it better in the Navy. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Wayne - Just FYI -  for my trip on Zaandam above - go to -  https://youtu.be/dR0kIn3V0yw  - and see one of a series of ship vids in my channel

on My Pacific cruise on this smaller Ship

nice video there John, I took a look at some others, I am always amazed at how those ships look inside, I'm sure we will get on one at some stage, the wife's keen to do the Norwegian fjords to start with...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

I hear you, Landon. Have you done the Snake River up here in the Northwest? Great rafting!

Actually Rodger, I have done the Snake River, back around 2012 I think it was. Sure was a fun day indeed! :) The place where I have had the most fun are on a few different rivers in Utah. The scenery is some of the most epic I have experienced with huge, deep canyons, beautiful water and remarkable desert scenery. Getting ready to go another multi day raft trip in June! Can't wait! :D

6 hours ago, adambar said:

The worst thing I ever did was go on a cruise, just awful, I had it better in the Navy. :D

You said it Adam. I want NO part of a cruise ship. Way too many people jammed into a floating tub. That is why I joined the Army in the first place...more terra firma ;) 

• Like 3

C!  I started sailing in 9th grade when my dad bought an old (1943) Blue Jay.  Was Commodore of the Sailing Club and Captain of the varsity sailing team in college.  Always wanted a cruising sailboat had my heart on a Pacific Seacraft Orion 27.  But then my knees degenerated, and my wife fractured her tibia plateau in a fall down the stairs, so physically we just can't do it any more.  But many fond memories of sailing local waters, including South Shore bays of Long Island, Long Island Sound, and to Mystic, CT, Newport, RI, and Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket.

Ken

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

My wife and I each own a stand up paddle board (aka a sup) and we are blessed to have many sheltered waterways within spitting distance. A paddle down a quiet creek with the bird life etc is a great escape. I have a mate who goes out on the surf on his sup but I would fall off in seconds. Give me the serenity of the creeks any day :)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, boetie said:

My wife and I each own a stand up paddle board (aka a sup) and we are blessed to have many sheltered waterways within spitting distance. A paddle down a quiet creek with the bird life etc is a great escape. I have a mate who goes out on the surf on his sup but I would fall off in seconds. Give me the serenity of the creeks any day :)

Sup'ing is something I enjoy doing as well Graeme, mostly when I go on the rivers. It's a bit more exciting then just calm water, but not quite as spicy as say out in the ocean surf. I don't mind a nice quiet paddle out on a lake though as well. Nice, calming type of exercise. :) 

Landon

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Ken Q said:

C!  I started sailing in 9th grade when my dad bought an old (1943) Blue Jay.  Was Commodore of the Sailing Club and Captain of the varsity sailing team in college.  Always wanted a cruising sailboat had my heart on a Pacific Seacraft Orion 27.  But then my knees degenerated, and my wife fractured her tibia plateau in a fall down the stairs, so physically we just can't do it any more.  But many fond memories of sailing local waters, including South Shore bays of Long Island, Long Island Sound, and to Mystic, CT, Newport, RI, and Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket.

Ken

I have read so many stories of that area and would have loved to have  sailed it:)

I too - started my sailing days in the local Sailing club on inland waters - Racing a popular UK  Racing dinghy - GP 14 - and made Commodore as well --exhilarating !!

English Lake district  -and Norfolk Broads - were favourite camping / sailing holidays  before we came to Australia - the it was the same

GP Dinghy racing on Port Philip Bay on rougher waters - then a 23 foot trailer sailer  -with my sons

Oh !! Happy Days - and thanks to Rodger for making me - and others - to re-enjoy some great memories in our dotage

7701launchedatlast.jpg

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, John York said:

Sorry.  If I was younger, I would choose.  But at 89 I'm too old for any of it now.  My home and stories in my Kindle Paperwhite suit me down to the ground.  

Howdy John. Don't forgit the new 80 is 60. But the new midnight is 20:00 hrs.:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, John Heaton said:

I have read so many stories of that area and would have loved to have  sailed it:)

I too - started my sailing days in the local Sailing club on inland waters - Racing a popular UK  Racing dinghy - GP 14 - and made Commodore as well --exhilarating !!

English Lake district  -and Norfolk Broads - were favourite camping / sailing holidays  before we came to Australia - the it was the same

GP Dinghy racing on Port Philip Bay on rougher waters - then a 23 foot trailer sailer  -with my sons

Oh !! Happy Days - and thanks to Rodger for making me - and others - to re-enjoy some great memories in our dotage

7701launchedatlast.jpg

Great looking boat John

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2