Microsoft Flight Simulator News

flying_fish

2 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi John. Let’s hope so about the Airports as has been already said Orbx will be supporting MSFS. Derek.

Speculating as much as the next person but given the announcements of partners and looking at many of their airport offerings it is not a frequent occurrence to find them on the MS list. To me this would suggest the partners will provide from their stables the quality airports like Brisbane, Melbourne, Canberra, Singapore etc. for MS. We'll see but I suspect as 18/8 approaches announcements will come thick and fast from the third party providers.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To those of us who were disappointed to believe that Track IR was missing in the new Sim can now relax.

Microsoft have confirmed that support for Track IR is now included in the Hangar - cockpit and outside camera

I am speculating MSFS 2020 will be a mixture of the concept of  the Microsoft Flight bellyflop and with more focus on what the old FSX offered flight simmers . This is an attempt to keep the core simmers involved so we don't loose that community of developers and add on environment that was so great in FSX ( and P3D) , so I am hoping they learnt from Flight. This is all going to be a very eye opening day when this releases as to whether releasing a more narrow functionality FSX will keep everyone happy and whether it turns into a non simming franchise. It's all very exciting now as we will probably win either way as it will be the best sim ever for everyone ( which at the moment it misses out a few of us into VR , helis , fast jets and gliders) or it has done its work already by dragging X plane and p3d into this new era....

It would seem from the news on FS elite that Orbx has confirmed to them that Orbx have done 4 of the airports 

in the new sim - as well as assisting on a number of others.It is confirmed that LOWI is being worked on for the sim 

and other announcements will be made shortly:smile:

That's the most important for Orbx plans - but there is much more - if I am allowed to say the name - 

on fsElite- on which Orbx do seem to apply a lot of time to and advertising support

Ie -  Steam - aircraft -  more airports - etc etc  - should keep a few of you happy for a while - whetting the appetite

as well with new 4K videos - which I can't understand is why they bother - then put them on U tube in plain HD:banghead:

11 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

It would seem from the news on FS elite that Orbx has confirmed to them that Orbx have done 4 of the airports 

in the new sim - as well as assisting on a number of others.It is confirmed that LOWI is being worked on for the sim 

and other announcements will be made shortly:smile:

That's the most important for Orbx plans - but there is much more - if I am allowed to say the name - 

on fsElite- on which Orbx do seem to apply a lot of time to and advertising support

Ie -  Steam - aircraft -  more airports - etc etc  - should keep a few of you happy for a while - whetting the appetite

as well with new 4K videos - which I can't understand is why they bother - then put them on U tube in plain HD:banghead:

Well I did think that Queenstown looked remarkably familiar.

...when this appears on my system in less than four weeks...going back to anything PRIOR...well...for myself..will seem like I clicked on FS98.....honestly....nothing currently out there, compares to these visuals. Nothing...   Wow....  D.O.C. content...I'm in...this is where my flight sim hobby money is now reserved for....wow, and wow....!  FS9, FSX, P3D, and XP were all good rides, in their day....now it's time for MSFS2020 to glisten in the sunlight....and soon.....!

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS: Pre-order your copy now and receive different bonuses depending on the edition

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess that on the day of release...depending on your pre-order  version...it will download with 'surprise' pre-order Thank you  'bonus' content...just not being told what that is, right now...

If I am allowed...I'd would have just posted the page...but I guess that would have gotten this post locked or deleted. So...just saying that I grabbed that from a well respected flight sim write up source...that above was part of the page's source and write-up.

(if Nick states that I can post the link here...I will...)

Here's a short vid of the ten most extreme airports...a nice vid release as well all sweat out Auggie 18th

Fun, fun.....let 'er rip!

On 6/3/2020 at 4:53 PM, Nick Cooper said:

It is too early to tell.

That was a response to a question in this thread a little over a month ago on Orbx's official take on MSFS2020. Today, as a variety of youtube flightsim channels are both showing tons of in-game footage and telling us everything they've been told by MS, we hear that Orbx has a very deep investment in the vanilla version of the new sim, and that there is also a list of airports that will be released as DLC--so, with all due respect, "to early to tell" was pretty disingenuous. There very clearly is "something to announce" (June 30), and it would be nice to hear a little more from Orbx now that the cat's very much out of the bag.

My question is, for those of us who have been with Orbx since  FSX, whether there will be some form of cross-platform discounts for airfields we've bought for both FSX and XP11 when they appear in MSFS2020? Fairoaks, for example, and as was noted earlier here, was one of several identified by FSElite.

He's worried about posting a direct link to a page that may either break the terms of his NDA agreement with MS (if he has one) or worried that Orbx may have some sort of objection. Orbx (quite rightly) aren't too happy about people posting links here to scenery products from competitors. Some of the scenery for MS2020 isn't default to the "basic" package, so could be construed as competing (I guess).

I think he's implying that there may be an incentive to pre-ordering MS2020 by way of some free/bonus material being unlocked when the sim is finally released ... but precisely what content may be unlocked is unclear - or it will simply be a surprise (on the day).

That's good marketing and good news - as I always wondered what the advantage to pre-ordering was - as there didn't seem to be any.

Adam.

Yesterday I thought I had placed this video on here but it looks as if I didn't click the button

However - just in case you Kiwis haven't seen this - or anybody with "Orbx Queenstown";) 

or a love of Bush flying - take a look at this quickie of a "Flight" around Queenstown 

2 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

That's good marketing and good news - as I always wondered what the advantage to pre-ordering was - as there didn't seem to be any.

Adam.

Hi Adam 

Just trying to catch your attention

did you see  the bush flight around Queenstown the very familiar airport for Orbx fans

https://youtu.be/wCzOBzciqt0

4 hours ago, hypercide said:

That was a response to a question in this thread a little over a month ago on Orbx's official take on MSFS2020. Today, as a variety of youtube flightsim channels are both showing tons of in-game footage and telling us everything they've been told by MS, we hear that Orbx has a very deep investment in the vanilla version of the new sim, and that there is also a list of airports that will be released as DLC--so, with all due respect, "to early to tell" was pretty disingenuous. There very clearly is "something to announce" (June 30), and it would be nice to hear a little more from Orbx now that the cat's very much out of the bag.

Surely you could have read that statement as:-

"Sorry - due to NDA agreements - one is not allowed to make comment ("tell") on any part that Orbx has 

played in the production of Microsoft Flight Simulator with the exception of the statement made recently by our CEO.!"

Hello,

I have merged another topic into this one.

I understand the excitement but also ask that the forums are not littered with separate topics

on the same subject.

I imagine that as the 18th August draws closer, the temptation to post every tiny particle of news,

as well as share experiences that may breach the Micrososft NDA, may become hard to resist. Please try.

As John Heaton points out, we at Orbx Product Support are also constrained by our own NDA, as well as

not necessarily being party to all internal developments.

Everything shines beautifully of course. But the stuttering didn't go away. You can only fly on light aircraft over the bushes. The avionics of large airliners are weak. PMDG will arrive only in six months. Plus custom airports. All together will load the computer for a 4K slideshow. I'm already thinking about buying a 3080Ti and a 10-core 5000 MHz processor. In the meantime, I'm really looking forward to the release of TE Florida and TE South California for P3Dv5. Everything is fine here. Both aircraft and airports and performance.

I have noticed on a few vids...where there has been a water landing by the Icon...that there are no wake or water disturbance visual affects.  The plane lands...and that's that.  Of course, there are fabulous (the best out there to date!) water wake and movement visual effects in P3D 5HF2.   So,  being that these vids are still Beta and three weeks away from RTM, I wonder if that will be added...or that will be a post RTM detail addition.  Dunno...but that does really hit a negative immersion factor for water landings.  Truly, I am no rah.rah, fan-***.   I'll will honestly laud...or critique fairly...either way.   So...I know that there are some graphic AZURE artifacts...such as a road that should not be, or a tree placement that should not be...so on RTM day..that will be there, still in very low amounts...but must be stated...they will be there, on RTM day.   So...if you see a water landing that DOES have a wake at landing, water taxi, and take-off,  please post the link...for up until now, for myself...there has been none represented.

The amphibian guy....

Hi Orbxflyer

You and I must of been watching the video at the same time as I also noticed no wake textures etc and thought how disappointing. Knowing how much detail Microsoft have placed on this product I find it hard to believe that the wake textures won’t be there in the full release version.

55 minutes ago, paulk said:

Hi Orbxflyer

You and I must of been watching the video at the same time as I also noticed no wake textures etc and thought how disappointing. Knowing how much detail Microsoft have placed on this product I find it hard to believe that the wake textures won’t be there in the full release version.

I was hoping that that would be added before RTM. Paul, do you have a source that is saying that wake and water disturbance visuals will not be in the RTM, or are you assuming that those features will not be, before Aug 18th?   Water is so very important to my simming, and truly, that is a major immersion killer...for as soon as you land...it seems contrived and fake.  With so much realism around you...including the water...WTH?  !!!!!!

I saw a video of the Beta version a seaplane landing beside the Sydney Opera House.

The Opera House was done very well.

But the rest of Sydney is poor indeed.

No Harbour Bridge and Circular Quay was not like it really is.

The city skyline is also just Autogen buildings.

In all much to do before us locals see our city as it really is,  The Orbx P3D version is much better.

Here is the video

thanks Ken !!

Oh My !! - I just wonder what the rest of us Aussies think of this ??

For 12 months I gave been "wowing" unreservedly - but I gave almost a "Ugh!!" to this

Ok - its still a beta  - and it surprises me that MS would allow anything like this to grace an Australian

Monitor - and to give  Squirrel his due - he is demonstrating the Aircraft ( I want one!!!) - but I wish he would 

not keep saying how good the scenery is.( I do like his work normally - see the Queenstown vid earlier)

I totally agree with Ken - this is not what we expected of one of the "ICONic" harbours in the World -

and I say this as a Queenslander - who is not only waiting for some bridges in Brisbane - not to have the "Coat Hanger" Harbour Bridge

in the scene is criminal  - and I won't mention the trees - that are too tall and too many - and look like fluff - and very much "VHF"

and as he says -  at the highest rate he can get with his 2080TI - not Ultra.

Orbx - if that is what we will get on the 18th - then please - as an Australian company - your first priority as developer is to give us 

an addon to the quality - at least - of The Gold Coast City addon ----Please!

Having said all that I have said above about my view of a certain scene - being so used to Orbx correct scenery -

I am still coming to grips with various parts of the sim that are so different to say P3D and the effects on my Sim flying.

Its 50 yrs since my PPL and my way of navigating was by Eyeball VFR - or strict VOR to VOR - departures

and arrivals just doing as I am told at the few big airports we were allowed in - and eyeball - local frequency - 

overfly 1500 - let down to 1000' downwind etc.

With these new (ie new since SFX gold) modes of computer driven tramways in the sky in P3D for EG - and in countries

I am not familiar with - I am restrained to my VFR/VOR - because - quite honestly - FMS - MDUC - etc leaves me feeling stupid.

Reality 750 is some help - but I wish I could use it properly.

So - to find a "Navigation  System of Stars and Sids - for Idiots" included in the new sim - is one of the good things about MSFS

https://youtu.be/yiaDG5HWBHU

9 hours ago, Ken Terry said:

I saw a video of the Beta version a seaplane landing beside the Sydney Opera House.

The Opera House was done very well.

But the rest of Sydney is poor indeed.

No Harbour Bridge and Circular Quay was not like it really is.

The city skyline is also just Autogen buildings.

In all much to do before us locals see our city as it really is,  The Orbx P3D version is much better.

Hi Ken...yeppers...this is the one in which my eye-brows went 'north' when he landed, and NOTHING behind the Icon, to show it is even IN the water...as compared to P3D v5HF3's fabulous wake effects, the best I have ever seen from any current flight sim, and past P3D offerings.  The effervescence of the water...the water color change, the so superior boat and large ship wakes, that can be seen and enjoyed by us right now with P3D v5HF3...had a few 'blue' words emitting from my mouth as soon as the Icon landed, and the ship traffic A.I.   like seriously?  I so hope this is NOT how the sim will be RTM'ed on Auggie 18th...and hope that anybody from the Dev's will read this...and hope this was an oversight.  I am also going to post to the various YouTube channels of those that have access to the closed Beta and are creating content for us all....to bring this up to the Dev's and ask about the lack of wake/water disturbance as we do not see from anybody's vid postings.  I hope they will answer me back on their different vid channels so called, from the 'horses mouth'.  To have such mind-relaxing realism...and yet...the most obvious sign, that a body is within/upon any surface of water...and not being there....WHAT??!?!?!??    Pardon?!?!?!?!?  There is also another video of the Scottish Highlands...and a chap landing the Icon on a loch....and yes...the same deal...he lands...and NOTHING is seen after he settles down on the surface...so, I feel it wasn't just one vid creator's in sim settings...the visual is just not there, to date, and only three weeks away from RTM!

4 hours ago, John Heaton said:

thanks Ken !!

Oh My !! - I just wonder what the rest of us Aussies think of this ??

For 12 months I gave been "wowing" unreservedly - but I gave almost a "Ugh!!" to this

Ok - its still a beta  - and it surprises me that MS would allow anything like this to grace an Australian

Monitor - and to give  Squirrel his due - he is demonstrating the Aircraft ( I want one!!!) - but I wish he would 

not keep saying how good the scenery is.( I do like his work normally - see the Queenstown vid earlier)

I totally agree with Ken - this is not what we expected of one of the "ICONic" harbours in the World -

and I say this as a Queenslander - who is not only waiting for some bridges in Brisbane - not to have the "Coat Hanger" Harbour Bridge

in the scene is criminal  - and I won't mention the trees - that are too tall and too many - and look like fluff - and very much "VHF"

and as he says -  at the highest rate he can get with his 2080TI - not Ultra.

Orbx - if that is what we will get on the 18th - then please - as an Australian company - your first priority as developer is to give us 

an addon to the quality - at least - of The Gold Coast City addon ----Please!

So John...that is not a realistic 'look' to your home digs?  Of course I would not know that.  There were bridges missing?  Uh oh.....Ok...so this leads me to a question.  Why release now?  It's not like there is any other 'player' in town...with what this sim will be offering....we all would have just waited it out...to December, or even three months into next year...if that was to be.  So...it will be very interesting to see if anybody in the world...that is viewing these vids...and LIVES THERE...or knows intimately what is being flown over...if it is truly....THERE'S MY HOUSE, or that is so real...yep...'...or to the contrary.  I'd certainly like to know that....as I'm sure we all would.  If I didn't read Ken's post, or yours...how would I know this?  Now I do...  Not to say, that this is a deal-killer in the slightest...for it's not...but, they are touting if you live there....look for your house...lol...I better today go out and cut the grass....at least before the 18th.....

On 7/30/2020 at 10:35 PM, John Heaton said:

Yesterday I thought I had placed this video on here but it looks as if I didn't click the button

However - just in case you Kiwis haven't seen this - or anybody with "Orbx Queenstown";) 

or a love of Bush flying - take a look at this quickie of a "Flight" around Queenstown 

I am viewing this vid...and my mind screams...REAL...wow...especially the drone overfly of the airport...it looks like a real world drone vid...

2 hours ago, Orbx Flyer said:

.Uh oh.....Ok...so this leads me to a question.  Why release now?..we all would have just waited it out...to December, or even three months into next year...if that was to be.  .....

Ha Haaah ! - the usual MS conspiracy theorists would answer you as "----

The one on the 18th is really a Beta - to get the simmers - and geographically correct nuts -to sort out the sim -

so that the big release in November of the brand new - super dooper - "X Box Series" can launch with  a perfect picture fight sim and 

scenery - and be fast enough to handle a resolution of 4 K and HDR with 60/120 FPS - which this video seemed to indicate will not be 

possible on the full spec PC - and 1080 hd will be the best we can expect to achieve FPS pro tem.

21 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

Ha Haaah ! - the usual MS conspiracy theorists would answer you as "----

The one on the 18th is really a Beta - to get the simmers - and geographically correct nuts -to sort out the sim -

so that the big release in November of the brand new - super dooper - "X Box Series" can launch with  a perfect picture fight sim and 

scenery - and be fast enough to handle a resolution of 4 K and HDR with 60/120 FPS - which this video seemed to indicate will not be 

possible on the full spec PC - and 1080 hd will be the best we can expect to achieve FPS pro tem.

ROTFLMAO!~    Yep...oh well...LOLOLOLOLOL!

On 7/31/2020 at 2:00 AM, Orbx Flyer said:

...honestly....nothing currently out there, compares to these visuals. Nothing...

That has clearly not been my experience.

Current Orbx TrueEarth areas stack up extremely well, particularly in areas not done in detail in MSFS. One big advantage with TrueEarth is that once installed, no further bandwidth is needed. It is always there and available in full detail.

Also, in Orbx Regions, several 'generated' airports are better, with more accurate buildings than in non-detail focused MSFS. I have noticed several specific airports I won't detail here, but just try for yourself and compare some of the FTX Norway airports in smaller areas and compare the buildings when you get MSFS in a few weeks. Then compare with Google Earth. FTX is better.

Having Alpha and Beta tested extensively, I will be purchasing MSFS but also WILL be keeping my totally relevant P3Dv5. I am leaving the testing program now, and will install the official release in a few weeks.

Of course much of MSFS is spectacular, but equally so, P3Dv5 is excellent, and I find much of the new sim hyperbole is unjustified.

PS. I only sim in 4K in max detail, and view on a 65" 4K screen where I can see and closely examine all the detail.

Archived