Microsoft Flight Simulator News

flying_fish

I believe that MSFS 2020 is a subject that needs a (new) thread.

Some might not believe it, but yes, I am quite excited by the new sim, too. Here is a video I found. Quite a cold shower: at 12:38 you can hear that there'll be no VR and no seasons - at least not on release.

In other words: Ooops... sorry guys, we figured most customers would be happy to fly during summertime only :D:lol::lol::lol: Jim Joystick is back I guess.

No idea if anyone has posted this video i cant see it anywhere, its the latest video of MS fsim 2020...Showing SNOW!..not just a load a season map up but one that changes as you fly! I must admit this new sim is looking better each and every upload..

Latest development update Jan 16th here...    if you are interested that is.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Twitter.

@MSFSofficial

we6EOVr.jpg

Martch 5TH,2020 -MSFS Development Update

https://www.flightsimulator.com/?fbclid=IwAR3jCv2LuuYcnxN7LbWQLEPU90hILa-D9whKF6nW6EYiVkZdiaDxdlvUvGE

hY6zbx7.jpg

UlE2kuU.jpg

https://www.flightsimulator.com/?fbclid=IwAR3jCv2LuuYcnxN7LbWQLEPU90hILa-D9whKF6nW6EYiVkZdiaDxdlvUvGE

1TGGD3a.jpg

nJPTwcO.png

ckwRrKO.jpg

Machine Specifications for MSFS

https://fselite.net/news/microsoft-announces-machine-specifications-for-upcoming-flight-simulator/

Slide1.jpg

New Update 

https://www.flightsimulator.com/

sqipLlP.jpg

New update :

9WbJICY.png

On 5/1/2020 at 12:14 PM, Tony Wroblewski said:

It looks like there are some repeating lines in the clouds pic. The human eye is very good at picking up repeating patterns, although I can't actually see what is repeating so it's likely just our minds playing tricks on us :-)

Yes, it's these lines I was referring to and you are probably right that our minds are playing tricks on us.

But the repetitive water patterns are definitely there, similar to X-Plane. You can see them in this video at 4:20.

New Update :

jgn9MqC.jpg

New Update :

0fgNGJ8.jpg

New Update:

H5kpBcb.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confused - it was Captain Lars topic, not mine!

Whatever, I agree with Nick - perhaps we just need a ‘heads up’ here. Those who want to speculate will find Reddit and Avsim full of the most detailed prognostications and prophesies.

Hello,

perhaps I did not make myself clear enough.

The reason for starting this new topic was to abridge the speculation.

It is with some disappointment that I now see it being copied and pasted from other forums.

The motto is, if you have nothing to say, please say nothing.

I have removed the posts in question.

5 hours ago, SGunard said:

Beautiful, but is it just me, or do the clouds in MS2020 look a little bit too solid?

I think that's just the lighting. It's casting in a way that makes them look flat and hard on one side. If the time was different I think the effect would be much different.

as good as this looks, for some reason I am not excited by this yet, not sure why.....it does look good though, maybe it's because my systems is only 9600k / 1070 and not sure that would run that well....

On 6/19/2020 at 6:52 PM, wain71 said:

...it does look good though, maybe it's because my systems is only 9600k / 1070 and not sure that would run that well...

It will; sorry, I can't say more. Despite all the hype about a new sim, I'm still extremely happy with the TE series :)

For interest sake

I hope I don't get in trouble again for this - because I am sure it is not speculation

but - I have just seen an Australian advert for the DVD - X Box version of MS2020.

It is by a well known Australian Gaming supplier of Flight Sim Hardware etc - if not the biggest in OZ!

-  certainly the most expensive

It lists the price as $A 88.00 - discounted from  - $A 99.99   - for a pre order - dely. TBA in 2020

and displays the MS2020 video from the X Box 2019 exhibition.

12 minutes ago, wolfko said:

Yes, the price is definitely news.

Probably just a placeholder, but might be accurate. Only when Microsoft publishes the information about pricing we know for sure what the new sim will cost us.

1 minute ago, Rimshot said:

Probably just a placeholder, but might be accurate. Only when Microsoft publishes the information about pricing we know for sure what the new sim will cost us.

I don't think it is a placeholder, because you can already now add MSFS to your cart for thin price on that site.

2 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

You can in fact add it to the shopping cart and pay for it, that's an expensive place holder.

Either way, it's still apparently at the Alpha stage.

Yeah, like giving this company a loan without interest.:lol:

On 6/22/2020 at 6:17 PM, wolfko said:

Yeah, like giving this company a loan without interest.:lol:

Something like quite a few of us recently offered to pay in advance to show good will for Orbx

to have a good look at producing LC Asia - or part thereof - as shown in a separate section of this forum:smile:

However - that aside - one can always add one's name to the wish list - as I have - as a user of X Box - 

and on the same wish list for X Box Series due November

We already know that MSFS 2020 will revamp flight simulation with weather / flight model and scenery profiles using global data via the MS data farm (AZURE) that has been instituted in the past 10 years.  What is the official Orbx response to this upcoming framework?  What can we as users expect to see as value addons from Orbx?  I and many others have greatly appreciated Orbx efforts to enhance FSX shortcomings with scenery but from what I can we expect to see with MSFS 2020?  It's a whole new ball game IMO.

Finally, will Orbx support the XBox framework?  I will definitely be a new XBox Series X customer in 2020.

Regards

bs

6 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

We already know that MSFS 2020 will revamp flight simulation with weather / flight model and scenery profiles using global data via the MS data farm (AZURE) that has been instituted in the past 10 years?  What can we as users expect to see as value addons from Orbx?  I and many others have greatly appreciated Orbx efforts to enhance FSX shortcomings with scenery but from what I can we expect to see with MSFS 2020?  It's a whole new ball game IMO.

Finally, will Orbx support the XBox framework?  I will definitely be a new XBox Series X customer in 2020.

Regards

bs

HI BS

2 questions and a statement ?

The statement first --- you will not be alone in this from the probable point of view - of a lot of current PC simmers - I can't speak for the other X box users

or simmers - but my new X Box Series X - is on the wish list of a few suppliers.;)

Regarding the 2 questions - to add to Nick's statement of suitable announcements - might I suggest that somehow - you get hold of

a copy of the magazine P.C. Pilot - issue 127 - (a UK publication) - in which - nearly all Orbx senior management - took part in a Q+A session

following the Orbx board meeting in February - where the future plans were discussed - and commented on in the article.

Having read the article a few times - I can probably summarise the answers to your questions as :-

Orbx are looking forward to the advent of MS "2020" which presents a challenge  - and opportunity - for companies like them.

They didn't actually say that they were involved - for obvious reasons - but outlined plans for large expansion - especially in their UK studio!!

There are many other statements made by all the senior execs - that indicate that Oryx is going to continue to expand a service for 

2 of the current Sims - and we will have an Orbx for a long time to come. !! 

I do recommend that all of you out there - who constantly  worry over the same questions - get hold of the article - because 

obviously - although I would love to add a screen shot of the article to this - certain laws forbid itB)

There are two possibilities: either MSFS 2020 is as good as the YT commenters and everyone seem to believe and no one's ever going to need a scenery addon product anymore.

The second possibility is that the new sim's landscape is surprisingly dull and does need scenery revampments. In this case we could have all sticked with P3D.

There are two possibilities: either MSFS 2020 is as good as the YT commenters and everyone seem to believe and no one's ever going to need a scenery addon product anymore.

The second possibility is that the new sim's landscape is surprisingly dull and does need scenery revampments. In this case we could have all sticked with P3D.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lars - I doubt that there are any out there that might disagree with your 2 statements - because P3D and X plane are not going away

at least I hope so.- and because MS 2020 will not be all that we actually get from the 2 current sims.

Although e.g. --  ! - I will be the first to get it for my brand new X Box Series X  - out in November - because it is being made for this console as well

However - as an 4K - X Box One X  user at present - I cannot - technically - see how we will be able to add a scenery product - or an aircraft

to the X Box - where the best ones seem to be just the one decently powered single prop  -1 bizjet - and 2 boring tubes - which will restrict my enjoyment

of the new sim.

So - in my opinion - I will not be able to use - all the Aircraft I have in my hangar - or the huge investment in Orbx scenery - not to mention

all my PC games from Steam.

Again - however -- MS have distinctly stated on many occasions that on the PC version - 3rd party elements will be accommodated

I leave it to someone more knowledge than I - as to how - based on the experiences in the past of tweaks and frustrations - of addons

just how  this might be achieved. 

Furthermore - I can't see why I should spend lots of dosh to upgrade my mid range PC for 2020 - when I can get all the mooted benefits  

of the new sim - in a console that will cost me a great deal  less  - than a GTX 2080 TI  - not to mention an I 9 cpu - and get all the sim  in 4K /8K

I haven't yet installed P3D V5 - because I have it running well - my attitude is -  if it doesn't break - don't fix it!   - but that aside - as a resolution fanatic

who just loves 4K HDR 10 - where P3D4 - or XP - doesn't perform well - I am interested in the DX 12 side to version P3D V5 - since many positive comments are made

in the vision aspect - ( I just wish - people would state what resolution their monitor is at when they show screen shots)

Now that H2 is out - I will be installing it on a separate disc using my better Aircraft - and using the retained V4  - for my aircraft that won't work in V5

I will drop FSX Steam which is useless in 4K  - because my most of my older aircraft versions - also work in V4.

That said - I will still be using MY PC for "legacy" flight simming and PC Games pass - which will include a simplified 2020 - and will be 

using my new X Box  - for all the bells and whistles - of MS 2020 - or whatever it is called - for my monthly games pass - as I do at the moment

If I have to pay $A 89 for a separate version --- and a new 2020 joy stick/yoke ---  so be it!!

I believe Orbx knows a lot which it is not yet allowed to share with us

Never forget that the management at Orbx are competent people and will adapt to whatever is coming

We will have to wait a few more months till the new sim is released before we can see the reality of how our hobby market is going to go

In any case, although the market is being disrupted, LM & X-Plane will adapt & improve as necessary in order to thrive

Archived