Microsoft Flight Simulator News

flying_fish

29 minutes ago, wolfko said:

Who needs an RTX 2080 for MFSF?

"...for that matter...who needs a Desktop?!?!?"   :)   Just an Xbox X Series...and a ten thousand inch new diagonal 4K flat screen....both will be on order...(rubbing hands...)  C'mon Auggie 18....here boy...pat, pat....

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@John Heaton - thanks very much for your explanation, but for what you said, does that also apply to the super de-luxe premier version as well purchased AFTER the 18th of August, because that's the version that I will go for when I eventually purchase the sim later on this year?

3 hours ago, wolfko said:

Who needs an RTX 2080 for MFSF?

Last week - I took the plunge into the wife's purse:D and pulled out 

$A289 for a brand new Card at a knocked down price

It was a Gigabyte 8G Radeon RX 580/590 - (1080) and I didn't know at the time that in  conjunction 

with my I5 - 16g RAM  - it matched the recommended spec by MS for the Sim

I tested it on my P3D V4.5 over London TE South with all sliders to the right and got 30FPS 0n Takeoff

London city - 20 over the Eye - and 30 min on way to Heathrow in my bizjet -  CJ2  - 3000' and 260knots.

(there's a CJ4 in the new standard FS pack)

Since then - even over the Gold Coast scenery at night - no flickers - and the day ground textures way up

at Orbx YBCG.

I do not need to go to V5 - I am now  happy keeping V4.5 for all  my Orbx -  and Aircraft - and looking forward to

seeing  the free MS sim in my games pass with this spec - until I get my new  X Box in November.

Please click on the pics - because for some reason - all my pics are dark when shown on forum and not truly clear

Gold Coast not Miami.jpg

F50 GC Take off 2.jpg

Can we all not get too precious about the name. The official name Microsoft Flight Simulator can be a tad long to be typing. Microsoft Flight Simulator, FS2020, MFS, etc etc: it will be fairly obvious which simulator is being referred to when being discussed:)

2 hours ago, Orbx Flyer said:

"...for that matter...who needs a Desktop?!?!?"   :)   Just an Xbox X Series...and a ten thousand inch new diagonal 4K flat screen....both will be on order...(rubbing hands...)  C'mon Auggie 18....here boy...pat, pat....

Not the X box old chap - unless the sim will be made available for the current X Box One X

you will have to wait until November American holiday

2 hours ago, orbmoke said:

@John Heaton - thanks very much for your explanation, but for what you said, does that also apply to the super de-luxe premier version as well purchased AFTER the 18th of August, because that's the version that I will go for when I eventually purchase the sim later on this year?

Not quite sure of the question - but here goes - in your example - I see the process exactly as  NICK explained earlier with the URL for each product

In your case just go to the Premier website and buy what you want - it's that simple - but if you - or anyone is going the way of Games pass  -Then:---

@John Heaton - ok cheers - it'll be interesting to see the comments on here and other forum platforms when the great day arrives next month. I'll be standing well back and observing the comments from a distance as the installation process begins and customers give their views on the new sim.

24 minutes ago, Bassman said:

Can we all not get too precious about the name. The official name Microsoft Flight Simulator can be a tad long to be typing. Microsoft Flight Simulator, FS2020, MFS, etc etc: it will be fairly obvious which simulator is being referred to when being discussed:)

MSFS shouldn't be too taxing. It's only one more key press than FSX and two less than P3D v4 and P3D v5, which most of us seem to be able to manage.:)

13 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

Now in the case of the NEW PC situation  - Games Pass - the same will apply - although I have yet to test that- and nothing has been said yet about what 

Choice we who have a Games pass free sim - but I expect that - well in my case - I will follow the X Box process I have outlined and order the other two packs

bringing me to the full Premiere game. As explained earlier - this will probably be the same for all future addons via MS Shop

Much as I dislike speculation, based on how FSX was sold, the customer chose one of the options and bought that.

There was no "update path", if a "higher" version was required, the customer had to buy the full product again.

So far, one can see only the same choices, unless or until that changes those are the only options.

2 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Much as I dislike speculation, based on how FSX was sold, the customer chose one of the options and bought that.

There was no "update path", if a "higher" version was required, the customer had to buy the full product again.

So far, one can see only the same choices, unless or until that changes those are the only options.

That was exactly my thinking as well. If you opt for the standard pack in the beginning and, say, a few months down the line you change your mind and wish that you had purcahsed the deluxe premier version in the first place, then hard cheese - you'll need to cough up another £110 to get that, unless MS have said otherwise.

Had a scout around, but couldn't see any reference to future upgrading (unless someone else has on here and I missed it).

46 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

Not the X box old chap - unless the sim will be made available for the current X Box One X

you will have to wait until November American holiday

Right...no Xbox X for Aug 18th...right...will fly the M.S. Flight Simulator  (there..!) Detroit Dream Cruise Super Grandstand, Barks at Intruders Edition, with Mr. Desktop, until as you say...Sept or November.  Then...stand back...I don't want to run over you on my dash to the Xbox X Series sales counter....tread marks on one's head is not a complimentary tattoo....LOL!  John...I'm like a kid at Christmas Eve...my wife is having a constant eye rolling any time she see the 8 year old smile across my chops...and oh...my humming to myself,  from Showboat...a dead giveaway...I'm happy....LOL!

22 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Nick, they have outright said in their Q and A, that you can update to a higher package above STANDARD, ---->...BUT...it will be costlier, than buying the one, you feel you will eventually wish to own.  It has already been answered on their Q and A site.

5 minutes ago, Orbx Flyer said:

Nick, they have outright said in their Q and A, that you can update to a higher package above STANDARD, ---->...BUT...it will be costlier, than buying the one, you feel you will eventually wish to own.  It has already been answered on their Q and A site.

Beat me to it!

Link is here:  https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015204020

On 7/22/2020 at 7:17 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the statement is clear and correct.

As it absolutely clearly states, before you can run the simulator at all, you will need to have Microsoft Store application, in order to buy it

and the X Box Game Pass for PC application in order to run it on your PC.

To use either of those, you will need to have a Microsoft account and be signed into it.

You will also need an X box account.

None of this will be a problem for the Windows 10 user, who already has all this installed.

The only possible action that might be required is to sign into the Microsoft account.

There is no mention of X Box hardware at all.

`+

1+

36 minutes ago, Orbx Flyer said:

Right...no Xbox X for Aug 18th...right...will fly the M.S. Flight Simulator  (there..!) Detroit Dream Cruise Super Grandstand, Barks at Intruders Edition, with Mr. Desktop, until as you say...Sept or November.  Then...stand back...I don't want to run over you on my dash to the Xbox X Series sales counter....tread marks on one's head is not a complimentary tattoo....LOL!  John...I'm like a kid at Christmas Eve...my wife is having a constant eye rolling any time she see the 8 year old smile across my chops...and oh...my humming to myself,  from Showboat...a dead giveaway...I'm happy....LOL!

Since you don't say your gender - I am quite safe in say "Don't get your  tickers in a twist"

There is a major X Box Live stream on the 23rd - google that

22 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

Since you don't say your gender - I am quite safe in say "Don't get your  tickers in a twist"

There is a major X Box Live stream on the 23rd - google that

LOL...Male...born and raised...and no tickers in a twist...just this tech has been wanted by myself to experience, since 1984...so..I'd say...I do have a modicum of patience, LOLOLOL!   Oh yeah....John...life is good!    Just as a side note.  In 1987, there was an arcade game (stand alone) that featured the cockpit (for 25 cents...) of a 747, with you sitting in the Captains left.  What was outside the front windshield was something for the time, quite amazing...it was a real world approach captured on film...coming into Toronto's Pearson International....so, you flew a real view approach...coming in over Brampton,  the 401 highway to your right....and I can't (for the time) understand how many videos they must have stored in the arcades memory, to allow you to descend on your approach onto Final.  I'll just say...that I blasted through, and had an after-school job...just to feed quarters into the slot...one approach after another...for it was a REAL WORLD approach, when games were still just out of Donkey Kong....!!!!   I wonder if anybody reading this...also saw this particular flight and approach simulator at their favorite Arcade?   BTW...there was always  a line up...at least 15 person's deep, before you got to throw another quarter in for the 5 minute approach sequence.   That is what I am feeling again, waiting for this sim....but...will fly any approach throughout the world, John....as soon as I fire up M.S. Flight Simulator....55 years will drop from me, like lowering the landing gear...cheers!

Mitch

On 7/23/2020 at 5:29 AM, Orbx Flyer said:

Xbox X Series will launch on  Wednesday and/or Thursday,  November 12 and/or 13th...as Yakuza is launching from Pre-Order ON NOVEMBER 12th!!!---->...and it is a launch day release..... stated by MicroSoft on the game pre-order page.  They slipped up...lol.  An internet sleuth pasted that together...:)  Launch Day game...has to have an Xbox X Series to play it....yeppers...on game 'launch day'.  Clever guy....he should be a Detective....and catch the bad guys/gals...

So, let the line up's start, lol!

Hmm - a year ago I got the impression from Microsoft's initial promotional video that we would be getting an all inclusive new flight sim where addons would be a thing of the past. in other words, the amazing scenery that was displayed at the time implied that that was the sort of quality that we would see across the whole globe. It's now clear that that won't be the case, so expect to start forking out a lot of money in the months and years to come to move towards something like an accurate depiction of global scenery.

43 minutes ago, Orbx Flyer said:

Xbox X Series will launch on  Wednesday and/or Thursday,  November 12 and/or 13th...as Yakuza is launching from Pre-Order ON NOVEMBER 12th!!!---->...and it is a launch day release..... stated by MicroSoft on the game pre-order page.  They slipped up...lol.  An internet sleuth pasted that together...:)  Launch Day game...has to have an Xbox X Series to play it....yeppers...on game 'launch day'.  Clever guy....he should be a Detective....and catch the bad guys/gals...

So, let the line up's start, lol!

Nothing really new there old mate

Its been touted for weeks that the release would be Mid November - quote "Holiday November" - which at the latest

would be by Thanksgiving on the 28th - the day before "Black Friday" in the USA.

Hi Guys. I see when you look at the different pricing of each version of the Sim there is a plus sign after it, does that mean there will be vat to pay. I think that’s a no, perhaps it’s to do with the upgrade. Plus is there any news about pricing of the different upgrades. Thanks Derek.

1 hour ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi Guys. I see when you look at the different pricing of each version of the Sim there is a plus sign after it, does that mean there will be vat to pay. I think that’s a no, perhaps it’s to do with the upgrade. Plus is there any news about pricing of the different upgrades. Thanks Derek.

I think everybody will pay their country's taxation rate...as I did....I was charged 13 % HST/GST on the purchase.  

2 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Nothing really new there old mate

Its been touted for weeks that the release would be Mid November - quote "Holiday November" - which at the latest

would be by Thanksgiving on the 28th - the day before "Black Friday" in the USA.

We have a date now...and not just the rumored month...that's news! :)

17 hours ago, Orbx Flyer said:

I think everybody will pay their country's taxation rate...as I did....I was charged 13 % HST/GST on the purchase.  

Some countries require by law that advertised consumer prices include all taxes. Where I live there is also the '+' behind the amount, but on the checkout page it says "incl. VAT" (which here should read "incl. GST") with the same price as quoted on the product page for my country of residence. Maybe the '+' indicates there are potential "in-app purchases"?

Regards

Siggy

7 hours ago, Siggy said:

Some countries require by law that advertised consumer prices include all taxes. Where I live there is also the '+' behind the amount, but on the checkout page it says "incl. VAT" (which here should read "incl. GST") with the same price as quoted on the product page for my country of residence. Maybe the '+' indicates there are potential "in-app purchases"?

Regards

Siggy

Could very well, be...on my product page, is showed blah, blah edition, plus HST/GST extra...and then billed the plastic, the tax bloated, price.

"MSFS shouldn't be too taxing. It's only one more key press than FSX and two less than P3D v4 and P3D v5, which most of us seem to be able to manage.:)" Actually Nick it was you who recently pointed out the official full name to another member and I imagine you had a purpose behind that advice.

I checked my post again and only see that I have referred to the full name which is 26 key presses and I also alluded to some alternative shorter abbreviations that we should not get too precious about. So I agree MSFS  is a very useful abbreviation.:)

Thank you, M.S.!

For folks thinking about the Disc version...you might want to read this, if you have a P.C., or you have an Xbox(X),...and if you have both.... ;)

Q: If I buy the simulator for PC will I be able to play on my Xbox when it is released? Is this an Xbox Play Anywhere Title?

A: The Play Anywhere is a new initiative by Microsoft to combine platforms of gaming, letting Xbox gamers play on PC with any first-party Microsoft Studios published game that is digitally purchased, and vice versa. Microsoft Simulator is an XPA title.

It may well be worth keeping an eye out for a feature (or maybe just even a mention) on the BBC's 'Click' programme on their News 24 TV station as anything new like this very often has a spot on there and is reviewed by their reporters. I checked last night as they talked about the competition between the latest XBox and its rival PlayStation plus one or two games, but no mention as yet of the new MSFS.

Just thought that I would post this as simmers out there may be interested.

I had another look at the airports (major) and found that  in the 3 lists Australia scored only

Sydney in the Standard Sim - UK none - and we need Premiere 3 to get a UK one - Heathrow.:(

It is going to be interesting to judge what the main Sim provides us in Australia and The UK as

offerings for our other majors - such as Gold Coast - Brisbane and Melbourne - Cairns

and Southampton - Newcastle - Leeds etc.

We have learned that Orbx scenery and airports cannot be ported directly to MSFS for many reasons

but wow - what an opportunity for Orbx to provide us what we are used to - 

always assuming a suitable discount for those who currently hold the Ginormous list of airports in the Orbx domain:rollmyeyes:

Archived