P3D V5 - LOWI + Germany South Alps (nearly unbelievable)

Senchay

Wow - what stunning shots!!!!

I'm intrigued - as there's no way I seem to be able to persuade my P3Dv5 to produce colouring and lighting like you have in your shots. I'm wondering whether it's video card related - and there may be lighting functions in DX12 that aren't being correctly implemented by my old 4GB GTX970. What GPU are you using?

Adam.

Senchay

Amazing clarity in & color balance in your shots.

Well done.

You may see from other posts that some of us are struggling to get v5 showing something like what you are getting.

I wonder if you would mind answering a few specific queries such that your responses may assist us to unravel our current mess?

Specifically:

What processor are you using? (i7??)

What video card?

In the v5 Scenario settings, do you have:

"Enhanced Atmosphere" ticked or not ticked?

'Dynamic lighting' ticked or not ticked?

Your setting numbers for Brightness, Bloom & Saturation in Lighting?

Are you running any Weather injectors such as Active Sky or Rex Sky Force?

Do you have an add on Mesh such as Pilots?

Are you running any Shader programs, such as PTA?

Are your Detail sliders over to the Far Right, (Maximum)

Have you any comments about your settings that allow you to get the high quality screen shots you are getting?

Thank you

TTM

8 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Wow - what stunning shots!!!!

I'm intrigued - as there's no way I seem to be able to persuade my P3Dv5 to produce colouring and lighting like you have in your shots. I'm wondering whether it's video card related - and there may be lighting functions in DX12 that aren't being correctly implemented by my old 4GB GTX970. What GPU are you using?

Adam.

Hello Adam, thanks for the comment :-) I have "answered" the question in the other topic where you link to my post. Wangerei i think it had in the title. 

2 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Senchay

Amazing clarity in & color balance in your shots.

Well done.

You may see from other posts that some of us are struggling to get v5 showing something like what you are getting.

I wonder if you would mind answering a few specific queries such that your responses may assist us to unravel our current mess?

Specifically:

Thank you

TTM

Thanks a lot everyone for your comments ^^ Glad you like it. I think P3D V5 is the time of Orbx :-) Now it looks absolutley amazing. It always did of course but this p3d version loads terrain far better, crisper and in a bigger radious in full detail. Amazing...

Hello and thank you for the comment :-)

I will answer your question, no problem. 

What processor are you using? (i7??)

- im using a 7700K on standard clock speed.

What video card?
- a RTX 2080 8GB card

In the v5 Scenario settings, do you have:

"Enhanced Atmosphere" ticked or not ticked?

- yes in the pics that is active, with the "Fair weather" preset used

'Dynamic lighting' ticked or not ticked?

- Dynamic lighting is active but those LOWI pics are not influenced by dynamic lighting. That can only come from light sources. Like the lights on gates or apron, or lights in the cockpit or the nosewheel light. SO it has to be an active lightsource other than the sun

Your setting numbers for Brightness, Bloom & Saturation in Lighting?

- HDR is active yes, with the values 1.0 Brightness, 0.10 Bloom and 1.0 Saturation

Are you running any Weather injectors such as Active Sky or Rex Sky Force?

- nah, that is P3D v5 and sadly nothing is out yet. Well, there is ENVTEX but that only works in standard athmosphere, not with the new truesky.

Do you have an add on Mesh such as Pilots?

- no, what you see is pure Orbx without further addons. Active at time of screenshots was Global, openLC EU and Germany South. ANd the LOWI scenery of course

Are you running any Shader programs, such as PTA?

- There are non yet for v5. Well, i think today ENVSHADE came out but that pic is pure P3D v5, no shader tweaks.

Are your Detail sliders over to the Far Right, (Maximum)

- Not even near ^^ Around Medium overall. I post pics later from the settings.

Have you any comments about your settings that allow you to get the high quality screen shots you are getting?

- i have to ask a question for you first ^^ Do you want comments about v4 or v5? Because the answers would be pretty different.

From my brief sessions with it enabled (I don't have enough VRAM on my GPU) I'd say definitely YES - we desperately need PTA, TomatoShade or whatever.

1) Terrain lighting is still pretty poor.

2) Shadow darkness is way too strong - especially in the VC.

3) Water is still pretty chronic.

But don't take my word for it - it may be that better GPUs make a much better job of it than what I see on my system. Also - don't forget TrueSky is still a BETA option in P3Dv5.

Adam.

1 hour ago, Adam Banks said:

From my brief sessions with it enabled (I don't have enough VRAM on my GPU) I'd say definitely YES - we desperately need PTA, TomatoShade or whatever.

1) Terrain lighting is still pretty poor.

2) Shadow darkness is way too strong - especially in the VC.

3) Water is still pretty chronic.

But don't take my word for it - it may be that better GPUs make a much better job of it than what I see on my system. Also - don't forget TrueSky is still a BETA option in P3Dv5.

Adam.

From what I can tell from the screenshots of v5, I wait until PTA is updated. Hopefully Matt Davies is going to bring an update of this one.

He won't, ppl say he has mentioned it.

Tomatosalad also said it will take time until it will happen, he needs to setup and buy a. second PC for it first because the one he works on atm cannot be used for it for work reason. He also said that it may not happen at all. We will see.

Adam, seems Envshade (5 dollar) turns off the luminance adaption. I don't have it anymore since I installed it.

About the settings, high settings like that work only over few airports sadly. Many new ones like LatinVFR Miami, KFLL, LEMD will overflow vram already with lower settings.

And that even in standard planes.

I'm sure many ppl will be able to fly without problems but if one does not have over 8gb vram I'm nearly sure will run into problems if they use the Sim like they used v4.

Already now, with overall medium settings in the standard f35 get GPU crashes on mentioned airports, only looking to the terminal.

Windows is giving p3d only 6.6gb from a 8gb card and this means that we get problem for sure in planes like pmdg 737 ngxu or md80 and others. Now imagine ppl install their 4k Clouds and GSX and AI traffic I'm sure many will.get big problems.

I think now's the time to adjust his settings to not get a shock later :-)

but that's fine. It should look still better on a bit lower settings compared to v4. For example,.on identical settings terrain looks way way better for me in v5 than v4. I'm.sure I could dial down without much to loose in regards to visuals.

17 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Fantastic shots!! What mesh resolution is this?

2560x1440 pixel that is

2 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

From what I can tell from the screenshots of v5, I wait until PTA is updated. Hopefully Matt Davies is going to bring an update of this one.

See above post :-)

11 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

The question I have about this is, do we need shaders anyway with TreuSky?

That depends on everyones idea of reality and how important it is for him to have his sim as realistic as possible,

Trusky does some things right but also quite a few not, so again there will be lots of room to tweak. Imo, while daytime and full night is good, dusk/dawn leaves a lot to be desired in some hours. It can look pretty cartoonish and the tweaker will find a lot to do ^^

On 4/24/2020 at 1:45 PM, TigerTigerM said:

I can give you many tips for v4, ive tweak so much and made TS/PTA presets that it would fill a page probably but for v5 the truth is that i did nothing in special. I can post the settings atm of the screenshots and how my gpu is set in nvidia panel, then you have everything i have^^ There is no secret in this early v5 time as long no PTA/TS or Environmentforce / Skyforce is out.

Here my settings now

unknown.png

In the following pic you have to imagine the checkbox for "High-resolution terrain textures" to be checked. Not sure why its deselected here, im 100% sure i had it active in the flight and to this day.

unknown.png

unknown.png

In Nvidia panel i set everything quality related to Visuals. Im not sure at the working atm but there are 1 or 2 settings where one can choose something like "Quality prefered" or "Performance prefered". I set those to Quality.

And then, like mentioned in another topic, i just made the screenshots very fast before the luminance adaption could take full effect and make the scene bright. So i just pointed the camera into a bright spot and waited until luminance adaption makes all darker, switche fast to the terrain and pressed print screen to make the pic. A slpit secod later and it would be also bright/bland for me.

But seems Envshade turns this luminance adaption off, either unkowingly or knowingly. But since ive installed Envshade this adaption is gone.

10 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

I meant the mesh resolution, the grid that defines the terrain altitude. The mountains look very sharp, like a 1 meter or 2 meter mesh. Or does it come with Orbx Innsbruck?

Ah, sorry. Ive posted the settings above this one. This  highres mesh comes with LOWI or with Germany South, part of LOWI and part of GES. 

Archived