P3D - Breaking in EGNX the Jack way

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, Dario said:

Super shots, Jack! I really enjoyed to watch this wonderful flight. :) 

Thanks Dario, to fly a PMDG 777 by hand like it's a 182 is always a real thrill.  This scenery is nice but like someone posts in support, there's something called a mip problem where all the buildings and fences are flickering like crazy.  I was enough to almost cause a seizure. :wacko:

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Dario, to fly a PMDG 777 by hand like it's a 182 is always a real thrill.  This scenery is nice but like someone posts in support, there's something called a mip problem where all the buildings and fences are flickering like crazy.  I was enough to almost cause a seizure. :wacko:

Hi Jack

Not that I know anything about P3D, but it seems to me that you have an issue with the antialiasing setting. If you look carefully at the top of the fuselage  (2nd & 6th screenshots are good examples) you will see stairstepping (jaggies) as you go down the length of the top of the fuselage. This will also cause flickering of distance objects.

Just a thought  ….

Cheers

Pete

PS - nice screenies :)

1 hour ago, renault said:

Hi Jack

Not that I know anything about P3D, but it seems to me that you have an issue with the antialiasing setting. If you look carefully at the top of the fuselage  (2nd & 6th screenshots are good examples) you will see stairstepping (jaggies) as you go down the length of the top of the fuselage. This will also cause flickering of distance objects.

Just a thought  ….

Cheers

Pete

PS - nice screenies :)

Thanks and all well and good Pete, but how about some advice on how to fix it? :banghead:

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks and all well and good Pete, but how about some advice on how to fix it? :banghead:

Very old Polish saying from my grandfather "Not my circus, not my monkeys"

It was an observation on my part that it looked like an AA issue as a fundamental cause rather than mip mapping.

Unfortunately,  I know nothing of the workings of P3d, but I'm sure there are many knowledgable members here who do who would gladly help.

Or there may be P3d specific forums that you could research.

Cheers

Pete

15 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Here near Fairchild AFB, we daily get to watch the K-135s and others do familiarization touch-and-go series. Your flight around the pattern at EGNX reminded me of that, Jack. Very enjoyable (and well-flown).

Thanks Rodger.  Was quite enjoyable.

53 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Great shots Jack,

Flying by hand and taking pictures at the same time is definitively too much to handle simulaneously for me. Therefore I post so few photos :lol:....

-Fred-

Thanks Fred!  It’s not too difficult once you get the hang of it.  With ChasePlane and the Orb Weaver I can change views extremely fast.

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful set Jack but where are the rolls.:huh:

I mean not even any on the 772, didn't BA go for GE on some of them!:angry:

Dunno, but in my opinion from working real engines, Pratt’s, GE’s, and Rolls, I always thought GE were the best engines out there.

13 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Fred!  It’s not too difficult once you get the hang of it.  With ChasePlane and the Orb Weaver I can change views extremely fast.

Before my illness I was thinking about buying ChasePlane, but it lost my attention as you can imagine.

Maybe it is a good idea to reconsider it......I'll come back to you for info about that product.

-Fred-

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Before my illness I was thinking about buying ChasePlane, but it lost my attention as you can imagine.

Maybe it is a good idea to reconsider it......I'll come back to you for info about that product.

-Fred-

First, thank goodness you're ok and getting better Fred, you're a real treasure here.

As for ChasePlane, I love this app so much I can't describe it.  I've begged Keven to port it to XP.

Most valuable to me in this order are:

1) Orbx, all their stuff, I'm addicted to what they make for both sims.

2) ChasePlane

3) The GTN 750 for both sims.

I'd be saddened if I didn't have them for P3D and gladdened if ChasePlane was available for XP.

If you buy it and need help lemme know, I have dozens of camera files I can share with you.

Hi Jack,

Great pictures I guess that is what we expect from you?

You gave me a challenge I tried to do the same flight latest P3D and True Earth but the airport looked different. Then I found out you had the EGNX Orbx scenery installed I am getting slow in my thinking. In any case I wanted to see the difference between your 4K and my 2K resolution? Tell me what difference you see? Will be posting shortly.

Keep the great pictures coming.

NineMile

Archived