Any banks in this town?

Jack Sawyer

This flight was to Bankstown, YSBK, chosen at random for a flight from YWVA, Warnervale.

Dusk.  It was nice.

UlttDmK.jpg

TQicy0C.jpg

dFU9y2g.jpg

8mq5dtd.jpg

sgc2vEy.jpg

sKweQGu.jpg

xLX8xjJ.jpg

AY7PEkO.jpg

zzBgbZi.jpg

tWd7CAI.jpg

It was at this point I decided to set road traffic which I never use to 44% to see how it would look.  It looked fabulous!

i3ZuLRG.jpg

KYR9KRM.jpg

f7OVEav.jpg

21 kt crosswind landing!

b1sqtmw.jpg

16 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Some very nasty weather you were flying in Jack.

It is enjoyable to experiment with various things like the traffic but remember to change from 44% when flying around the outback!:lol:

Thanks Martyn, my kind of weather.  And I'm glad you reminded me, I forgot to set it back to zero.  I'd probably get a CTD if I flew a study level plane like one of the big jets.

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Sure there will be banks in this big town, mate. I see you are flying with current weather (=rain). Must be horrible around Sydney currently.

Thanks Gerold.  I almost missed this post because I’m yet again not receiving email notifications.  :banghead:

1 minute ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Jack. Banks, where are the banks?:ph34r::ph34r::lol::D

Thanks Karl, that's what I want to now.  Anyway, almost missed your post too, all my Orbx notifications are now not being sent through Apple for some reason and when I use AT&T it gets sent to junk.  This is driving me crazy.  :banghead:

Jack 

I see this and I wonder …. why can't my sim have clouds of this quality.

But then I realize its not just the sim , but the guiding hand of the "screenshooter" who took them that made

them come alive. :)

Man oh man, I just can't get over shot #3

You have magic in your hands on this set Jack.

Cheers

R

PS -- and not yellow or orange in sight!!

45 minutes ago, renault said:

Jack 

I see this and I wonder …. why can't my sim have clouds of this quality.

But then I realize its not just the sim , but the guiding hand of the "screenshooter" who took them that made

them come alive. :)

Man oh man, I just can't get over shot #3

You have magic in your hands on this set Jack.

Cheers

R

PS -- and not yellow or orange in sight!!

Thanks R.  Why can’t XP have clouds like this?  Did I read that Active Sky is making a version for XP?

Hey Jack. Nice pictures but an even better flying adventure. These are not friendly skies. You have to do some serious and quick meteorological interpretations as you fly this weather, and you have to respect your plane's limits. It was interesting to me that I felt safe in your passenger seat, something I would not say about every pilot in such skies.

4 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Jack. Nice pictures but an even better flying adventure. These are not friendly skies. You have to do some serious and quick meteorological interpretations as you fly this weather, and you have to respect your plane's limits. It was interesting to me that I felt safe in your passenger seat, something I would not say about every pilot in such skies.

Thanks Rodger, appreciate your kind words.  I love when it's like this as IFR is my favorite kind of flying.  Between AS4 and Orbx this was a very good flight, I really enjoyed it.

Make you a trade Jack. I slipped on the ice and fell about 2 weeks ago. Still on painkillers for a wrenched back.

Snow is not the white and fluffy stuff of my dreams.  It cold, and hard when it gets packed down, treacherous to walk on, a pain in the ….. to shovel, hard to see in when its "snowing" , but marvelous to make snowballs and snowmen and snowforts and to go tobogganing on  and so gorgeous when its freshly fallen and the sun comes out in the morning and its just simply wonderful when that happens:D

I hate it …….:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks R.  Why can’t XP have clouds like this?  Did I read that Active Sky is making a version for XP?

It would be really nice Jack. Clouds in XP are not the best - REX does such a nice job in P3D. I'm hoping that someone will come up with something comparable to what is available with other products. But I have to say , that the product that Iain uses for his clouds do look pretty nice:)

Cheers

R

10 hours ago, renault said:

Make you a trade Jack. I slipped on the ice and fell about 2 weeks ago. Still on painkillers for a wrenched back.

Snow is not the white and fluffy stuff of my dreams.  It cold, and hard when it gets packed down, treacherous to walk on, a pain in the ….. to shovel, hard to see in when its "snowing" , but marvelous to make snowballs and snowmen and snowforts and to go tobogganing on  and so gorgeous when its freshly fallen and the sun comes out in the morning and its just simply wonderful when that happens:D

I hate it …….:rolleyes:

It would be really nice Jack. Clouds in XP are not the best - REX does such a nice job in P3D. I'm hoping that someone will come up with something comparable to what is available with other products. But I have to say , that the product that Iain uses for his clouds do look pretty nice:)

Cheers

R

I'd take it Renault.  I grew up in snow in Boston, then five years in Idaho.  Now it's always sweltering heat which I detest.

I like what AS4 and ASCA does, never tried REX for weather.

But the Orbx weather scenarios are nice too, I use them occasionally when I need a certain look.

59 minutes ago, renault said:

Ah , I remember from my FSX days. The weather themes -- fantastic. 

I used them all the time, especially the PNW "Bush flying , low and slow"  one if I remember correctly. It was an absolute stunner in my books

R

Thanks R.

Archived