PNW in 3 parts

Jack Sawyer

37 minutes ago, Scott Harmes said:

Cracking shots Jack!  PNW is a spectacular part of the world.

I really like that paint job too.  I am biased though because it's my AFL team's colours.

Thanks Scott!  That's cool, I like those team colors! 

Hey Jack. Great start. I'm fascinated by the effect of those colors on one's impression of the Bonanza. Normally, I think of the V as a nice family plane. With those colors, it feels more aggressive, almost like a night recon plane made to go low and fast and outthink the pursuer. Interesting. Thanks!

44 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Jack. Great start. I'm fascinated by the effect of those colors on one's impression of the Bonanza. Normally, I think of the V as a nice family plane. With those colors, it feels more aggressive, almost like a night recon plane made to go low and fast and outthink the pursuer. Interesting. Thanks!

It does doesn't it?  It makes it seem even more like a fighter than a GA plane.

15 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

Cracking shots Jack!  PNW is a spectacular part of the world.

I really like that paint job too.  I am biased though because it's my AFL team's colours.

MRJESS-XXXL_01.jpg

Cheers,

You are lucky Scott that you still have a team to support.

It ended for me in 1996.:angry:

fitzroy.png.c4b81873f7bad6a8177940cfca7bf936.png

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Off on a great adventure in your beautifully adorned Bonanza.

Some excellent scenery you are flying over too.:)

Thanks Martyn!  It is amazing scenery, I loved it.  Wait till you see the flight I took last night.

8 hours ago, PNW User said:

Very much enjoyed your postings!  Very nice, Jack! What a great system to deliver such detail and 'crispness' to your screen captures!

I wonder...are you eyeing the idea of any 2080Ti?   

Thanks PNW.  I looked at it but don't think I'll be buying it anytime soon as the 1080Ti I have now is working really well.  Maybe in the future.

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks PNW.  I looked at it but don't think I'll be buying it anytime soon as the 1080Ti I have now is working really well.  Maybe in the future.

Yes sir!  You'll get no arguments that a 1080Ti delivers killer captures and live animation. I'm still presently on a 1070 (non Ti) and am starting to 'get the itch'...lol.

From your shots...I really have to take my time, with this...and hope to see some 1080Ti/2080Ti direct screen capture comparisons.  The one thing I have to wonder though...is that being most of our sims, CPU bound...WILL I see truly any difference past my 1070 (non Ti) to even going to a 1080Ti, if my CPU/Motherboard is from 2008. That's what I need to find out, because I am most happy to stay with my present CPU/Motherboard setup...and everything you see from me, is with the 1070 in play.  Anyways...keep sending those great 1080Ti...for now I am going to SCOUR over your captures..and try to do my own 'This is Jack's 1080Ti,' compared to my similar ORBX world capture driven by my 1070.  In other words...PNW is 'on the hunt', and the hounds are howling...LOL!

2 minutes ago, PNW User said:

Yes sir!  You'll get no arguments that a 1080Ti delivers killer captures and live animation. I'm still presently on a 1070 (non Ti) and am starting to 'get the itch'...lol.

From your shots...I really have to take my time, with this...and hope to see some 1080Ti/2080Ti direct screen capture comparisons.  The one thing I have to wonder though...is that being most of our sims, CPU bound...WILL I see truly any difference past my 1070 (non Ti) to even going to a 1080Ti, if my CPU/Motherboard is from 2008. That's what I need to find out, because I am most happy to stay with my present CPU/Motherboard setup...and everything you see from me, is with the 1070 in play.  Anyways...keep sending those great 1080Ti...for now I am going to SCOUR over your captures..and try to do my own 'This is Jack's 1080Ti,' compared to my similar ORBX world capture driven by my 1070.  In other words...PNW is 'on the hunt', and the hounds are howling...LOL!

Sounds good, I'd like to see some comparisons.  I don't mess with hardware under any circumstances, not ever in life for any amount of money now.  I let Jetline handle all of it.

51 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Sounds good, I'd like to see some comparisons.  I don't mess with hardware under any circumstances, not ever in life for any amount of money now.  I let Jetline handle all of it.

Yes..totally understand.  These cards are no longer $469.00, and even my wife was on the warpath AT THAT PRICE POINT!   Yeah...if I can sweet talk her....maybe one more kick at the can....for the asking price of the 20 series right now...a use-this-until-dust 1080Ti sounds really good....as seen by your captures!

Post Edit: Well Jack...glad I just spent an hour checking the physical dimensions of the 1080Ti and the 2080Ti...I can't fit a 2080Ti, as it needs 3 slots (2.75 actual). My present setup (with other cards in the system) can only allow for the same two slots I am using now with the 1070 in place...and thankfully, the 1080Ti does only need two slot spaces. So...my present MB decided for me...lol.   See ya, in the 1080Ti pool...keep the water warm and move one over on the step, lol! :)

Oh...I got the wifey-go-ahead' for one more kick at the can....and now wonder what her equal opportunity 'kick at the can's gonna be...for there WILL be one, LOLOLOL!

Cheers,

Archived