Freeware airport requests

Hello,

I'm using P3D and have installed the free airports. I'm using 29G or KPOV and the airport looks very good! But, I've noticed that the runway texture seems to be missing. The yellow center line appears exactly where the runway should be, so I think there must be a setting missing which prevents the runway from displaying.

Can someone else go to 29G in P3D v3.3 and see if they have the same problem?

An update to my post...if I disable ADE_FTX_FTXG_29G.BGL by changing to ADE_FTX_FTXG_29G.BGL.OFF, the taxiway appears. However, they are not positioned quite right...there appear to be two different centerlines, one for ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPOV.BGL (I'm guessing) and the other for the original taxi way (P3D-again, I'm guessing here).

Also, with ADE_FTX_FTXG_29G.BGL.OFF, the orbx grass grows on the taxiway.

It would be great if this could be 'fixed' for P3D V3.3.

Anyway, I think the free airports, including this one 29G (KPOV) are great! You guys really do a nice job of populating with much better airports. This one (29G) looks very close to the real thing.

Hi FlyBlueSkies,

I'll check 29G and "reset the draw flags", that should fix it.  I only have FSX and don't see this issue but really try to reset those draw flags for every airport, but there are a bunch of them. 

Try the attached file in place of the one of the same name in the "FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS/Scenery" folder, all should be OK now.  I'll add the fix to Pack 28.  28G has changed names and KPOV is it's current name.

Cheers, Neil

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPOV.BGL

Neil, First off Happy Birthday !!  I know that you declined to do KOGD because of the proximity to KHIF , Please reconsider doing it. KOGD is the second busiest airport in Utah with a lot of GA traffic and some unusual planes based there as well, it's also the base for the Forest Service ,Net Jets Maintenance  a few Albatross a Mohawk and a Daily Allegiant  flight ,

The Hangars are pretty close to what you have in your Library already and I can send any pictures needed. . KHIF looks pretty close in real life to what it looks like in the sim, Believe me you Wouldn't be taking anything away from Hill AFB by doing Ogden. I know your busy and Thank you for all you have done but if you do have the time I know there are plenty of us that would like to see KOGD.     Best Regards

Marty

I personally would like to see KOKM (Okmulgee, OK Regional) given a "makeover" she is pretty plain Jane at the moment.  It's my local airport and I use it when I want to fly without FPS drop and OOM's. I know there are several in Oklahoma now but not this one.

Thanks, 

Roger

11 hours ago, Neil Hill said:

Hi FlyBlueSkies,

I'll check 29G and "reset the draw flags", that should fix it.  I only have FSX and don't see this issue but really try to reset those draw flags for every airport, but there are a bunch of them. 

Try the attached file in place of the one of the same name in the "FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS/Scenery" folder, all should be OK now.  I'll add the fix to Pack 28.  28G has changed names and KPOV is it's current name.

Cheers, Neil

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPOV.BGL

Thank you sir!

That solved my problem!

Have a great day!

Hi Roger,

I've added KOKM to pack 28 as it's "interesting" and not accurate in FSX at all.

@Marty, I've added KOGD to the list but it's VERY large so don't hold your breath.

I DO add all airports requested on this thread to the list, even if I don't mention your name.

Cheers, Neil

Hi all.  I'd like to see Le Mans Arnage added, if only to indulge my fantasy of flying a Citation there to see the 24 hr race!  It's right beside the circuit and with stands, Le Mans FC's stadium and city centre cathedral it would be a challenge to someone with lots of talent and time.

thanks, Mark

Neil.

Just want to ask. Have you by any chance added or done Ryan Field(KRYN) in Tucson, Az. It's a general  aviation field close to where I live. If not. I'd like to add it to your list of customer requests etc.

THX

GrayRider

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:09 PM, Ken Q said:

I'd like to second the request of Jerrymc3 for some Texas airports.  Although I do most of my flying in the North East, I do like to fly Texas.  I'd especially like to add San Marcos (KHYI) and Gillespie County, Fredericksburg (T82).

Ken

So would I.

The recently available FTX openLC NA Ver110 rendered T82 and surrounding area a bit more accurate. Not sure of the changes to KHYI, as I didn't look at it before loading the openLC.

KHYI is but 30 miles from my home, T82 a bit further at 80 miles. I'd reckon any increase in the physical appearance/accuracy of a airport location, just has to add to the 'experience' when arriving/taxing/departing. It certainly works that way for me.

In the case of T82, only a see-through fence separates it from Lady Bird Johnson Park. Lots of activities e.g. swap meets etc. happen there and of course several brick & mortar support structures exist on the grounds plus everal paved roadways. A far cry from the scrub bushes and brown grass currently depicted.

So I hope at some juncture, enhancements will find their way to both locations.    

I'm with Greg on Hyannis (HYA).  It's one of my favorites too.  If we're talking about a New England pack. I'd love to see Green State (Providence RI - KPVD).  I used to live a few blocks from the end of RWY 5 on Post Rd, and for a short while worked at Jay Plastics which is in an industrial park on the east side of the RWY.  Also Hartford, CT (KHFD). is a favorite I'd love to see get the wonderful Orbx treatment.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

There are so many interesting airports that could be listed!  I'd like to suggest KPOU, Duchess County.  With the new OLC NA the Hudson Valley is great, and this airport is about halfway between NYC and Albany.

Ken

I'd love to see LTAY get some love. (Denizli-Cardak, Turkey) It's a tiny airport an hour away from Istanbul, with only a handful of passenger flights coming and going every day, but it has fun approach procedures as you fly between mountains and across a lake in order to intercept its only localizer. Thanks to the landscape, winds will often present an extra challenge, too.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 3:18 PM, larryisenor said:

Thanks That will help when I get to it.

Larry

Hi Larry! Any idea about the above for SABE?  Saw a few updates to the packs but not this one yet :( (But I don't know how you guys work these)

Thanks!

I Actually have a very long list but don't always do the airports in order of request. It depends on difficulty, the availability of good information (although I usually check air photos of the airport before I add it to the list), and where it is located in the world - I tend to concentrate on Canada because I live there but also try to do one or two in Central and South America for each pack. Since the release of the NA Landclass I may do a few in Mexico but will try to do SABE for the next pack or the one after. Right now there are just over 50 on the list and I can do about 15-20 per pack depending on time and how many others are submitted.

Larry

Some awesome work has been done, and I've already seen several fields I've requested so I really appreciate it!  But I do have another request...

Hendricks Field (63CO), which is just NE of Gateway, CO.  The field is a private grass strip in a valley which makes for an interesting approach.

On 10.8.2016 at 3:50 PM, Caluma65 said:

Salzburg (SZG) would be a brilliant airport to update.  Very scenic with much to see - an upgrade to the airport itself would be smashing.  Cheers,

Calum

I agree! And I would also love to have ESMS!

On 4/21/2016 at 11:06 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Totally appreciate anything you guys do but if you're open to suggestions...

Yeah - looking for one in NY - the area south of Albany is devoid of any substantial airports - my favorites:

KMGJ - Orange County - medium size GA field...

KSWF - Stewart Airport - medium sized commercial airport...

KHPN - White Plains - medium sized commercial airport...

One in CT

KDXR - Danbury CT - medium sized biz jet airport in a bowl surrounded by hills that make for some cool approaches...

Thanks one and all !

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll second both of those airports. Also add KMSV Sullivan County (heart of the Catskills), KPOU (Dutchess County Airport, home of the Dutchess County Fair) N69 Stormville (which isn't really used as an airport anymore, but still). KSWF could use a landclass update, since it's odd looking to see the west half of it built up. I'll have screenshots when I get home.

And while we're talking New York, to compliment KSLK (Adirondack Regional) and KLKP (Lake Placid) I wouldn't mind seeing KPBG (Plattsburgh Intl) which has recently had a (to quote Bernie Sanders in neighboring Vermont) a YUGE terminal addition.

• Upvote 1

While talking about New York, love to see some Long Island airports get the treatment.  To start, my "home " airport, Republic (KFRG)  Neil did a beautiful job enhancing this field when ne corrected some "misfit" problems, but the whole could use the Orbx touch, especially the American Airpower Museum at the northeast end and the terminal area.  There is also Brookhaven, (KHWV) and the delightful "blast from the past," the little  rural aerodrome, Bayport (23N).  Also the "cradle of aviation" is home to Long Island MacArthur (KISP), East Hampton, (KHTO) Any of these would be great.

Ken