Freeware airport requests

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-06-05 at 5:14 PM, trans_1007 said:

Req CYRB and CYSR, CYXP. Thank you for bringing CYFB, CYGT, CYUX very much. I believe CYXP will provide several challenge's for typical sim Turbo Pilot lol. I know it personally IRL.

Just starting CYRB so it should be in the next pack. CYSR is now closed so I won't be doing it anytime soon although I'll add CYAB (Arctic Bay to my list). I'll also add CYUX.

Larry

11 hours ago, walterg74 said:

I would like to move away from the always the same NA/EU airports and get some SA in please...  SAEZ, SABE

SAEZ is a bit big to do easily however I will add SABE to my list. A ways down right now but I try to do at least one Central or South American Airport per pack.

Larry

18 hours ago, larryisenor said:

SAEZ is a bit big to do easily however I will add SABE to my list. A ways down right now but I try to do at least one Central or South American Airport per pack.

Larry

Sweet, thanks for considering us! :)

SAEZ I saw there is the TropicalSim one, though sadly not compatible with P3D.

Hi guys,

I'll do KMKG for Pack 27, it looks like an interesting location. I've added KBTR (don't hold your breath, it's very large)  and KISP to my list.    JV has given an OK to do a bunch of smaller airports and I'll see about some in Idaho for that group.

I confine my freeware airports to NA so the two military ones in EU aren't being added, sorry.

Cheers, Neil

• Upvote 2

Can you please add Henry E. Rohlsen Airport (TISX) in St. Croix, USVI to your list. It's an airport and an island largely ignored by developers and the strip needs updating badly. It has several large and small commercial operations, with occasional stops by the Air Force. Feel free to update the neighboring island of St. Thomas, Cyril E. King (TIST) as well. Since the introduction of Vector, the islands runway 10 exhibits unsolvable water anomalies, that may require redeveloping the airport. Also largely ignored by developers. Thanks for all the work you have done! 

TISX.jpg

TIST.jpg

15 hours ago, SolRayz said:

Can you please add Henry E. Rohlsen Airport (TISX) in St. Croix, USVI to your list. It's an airport and an island largely ignored by developers and the strip needs updating badly. It has several large and small commercial operations, with occasional stops by the Air Force. Feel free to update the neighboring island of St. Thomas, Cyril E. King (TIST) as well. Since the introduction of Vector, the islands runway 10 exhibits unsolvable water anomalies, that may require redeveloping the airport. Also largely ignored by developers. Thanks for all the work you have done! 

If Neil isn't interested I'll add them to my list. TISX should be fairly easy but I have a few Central and South America airports to to first.

Larry

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Neil Hill said:

Hi guys,

I'll do KMKG for Pack 27, it looks like an interesting location. I've added KBTR (don't hold your breath, it's very large)  and KISP to my list.    JV has given an OK to do a bunch of smaller airports and I'll see about some in Idaho for that group.

I confine my freeware airports to NA so the two military ones in EU aren't being added, sorry.

Cheers, Neil

That's great, thanks Neil. Yes KMKG is a very interesting location and there's a small airport just 8 miles south in Grand Haven that would pair well if you're ever interested. 3GM is Grand Haven Memorial Airpark, it's a great place to fly a small plane or ultralight. 

Cheers, 

-Dan

image.jpeg

Edited by dansandiego

17 hours ago, Neil Hill said:

Hi dansandiego,

OK, but your picture is not 3GM, it does looks like a good one for my small airports pack, any idea of it's location and ICAO?

Neil

Oops! Sorry about that. I don't see any good pics online for 3GM but it's a nice small airfield. 

The location for the pic I posted was William T. Piper Memorial Airport. Here's a description that went along with the picture:

"William T. Piper Memorial Airport is situated along the Susquehanna River on the eastern edge of Lock Haven, Pennsylvania.  After buying out Taylor (of Taylorcraft fame), Piper moved the aircraft company to Lock Haven from Bradford, PA.  The large structure in the lower right hand corner of frame is the old Piper factory, converted from a silk mill that already existed on the site."

Here are some additional pics for William T Piper Memorial.

-Dan

001097.jpg

021-eFLYER-FA02-01-500x238.jpg

10805659_111532406064.jpg

Neil, if you're looking for additional interesting small airports for the pack you're working on, these airports in the mountains of North Carolina might fit the bill:

0A7 - Hendersonville / 8NC9 - W.N.C. Air Museum - Hendersonville, NC (These two airports are adjacent to each other. 0A7 is a paved public airport, while 8NC9 is a grass airstrip that is home to the Western North Carolina Air Museum. They are rather poorly represented in the default scenery.)

22W - Transylvania County - Brevard, NC (Listed as 3NR3 on AirNav.com.)

24A - Jackson Co - Sylva, NC (This airport is located atop a mountain ridge.)

7A8 - Avery Co - Spruce Pine, NC

NC14 - Boone Inc - Boone, NC

You may also want to check out these:

0B1 - Bethel Regl - Bethel, ME

KXSA - Tappahannock-Essex County - Tappahannock, VA (This airport does not exist in FSX. It is a new airport that has replaced W79, which is now closed.)

W75 - Hummel - Saluda, VA

W91 - Smith Mountain Lake - Moneta, VA

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Very nice, Carolina is among my favorite areas. @BPL

I'm a native North Carolinian, and I love it here. Obviously, I'm probably a little biased, but it's among my favorite areas, too. :) Glad to see other simmers enjoy flying here; maybe one day Carolina will get the full Orbx region treatment! B)

• Upvote 1

Just now, BPL said:

I'm a native North Carolinian, and I love it here. Obviously, I'm probably a little biased, but it's among my favorite areas, too. :) Glad to see other simmers enjoy flying here; maybe one day Carolina will get the full Orbx region treatment! B)

Yeah, just imagine. FTX North Carolina and FTX South Carolina. Amazing.

• Upvote 1

2H0 Shelby County Airport, Shelbyville, IL.

This is a popular area in Illinois as it is next to Lake Shelbyville.  It is a small airport that needs a little help.  In default the grass strips don't look like they are positioned correctly as the grass overlays on top of the taxi way.  I plan to use this airport more once NA LC South is released.

Would be a nice easy one.

• Upvote 1

I've always hoped that someone would add CYXC, Canadian Rockies International Airport to the list. I think that it would be a nice addition to the NA freeware packs (or a full payware version). I'm a bit bias of course, seeing as I live minutes down the road, and also work there, Lol!