Freeware airport requests

2 hours ago, RCASC said:

North Bay, Ontario please (CYYB) and the float plane base a Trout Lake, which used to be a beehive of activity from the 40's though to the 80's. We have at least 3 scheduled air carriers flying in and out of here now, plus Voyageur Airways is headquartered here. Canadore College Aviation Campus is always busy with it's helicopter pilot training. We really appreciate all your efforts.

It's on my list. Just haven't got to it yet.

Larry

57 minutes ago, larryisenor said:

It's on my list. Just haven't got to it yet.

Larry

Thanks Larry. I've also done a cross-country to McCall Field and back from CYYB in a C172 in the early 70's. Terrific experience as a build up for getting my commercial licence. Then I ended up doing a season of bush pilot flying here for a summer/fall of 1980.

Thanks again.

In anticipation of the release of the, soon I hope, NA land class, I'd like to request someone look at doing the wonderful Antique Airfield near Blakesburg, IA. It is located on the Chicago Sectional as  IA27.  Here is it's website, photos are easily found on the web    http://antiqueairfield.com/ .  Thanks for your consideration.  If someone has already mentioned this airfield, I apologize.

Hello Tod ... Is it possible for someone at ORBX to start a downloadable PDF file of the ORBX Airports and their installable status so we don't have to search through the forum for the latest updates. I would suggest it might look something like this:-

Airport       FSX   FSXSE   P3Dv1   P3Dv2   P3Dv3

2S1                *           *            *

2WA1             *           *            *             *             *

CEN4             *           *            *

KHQM            *           *            *

KSEZ             *           *            *                            *     ...... ETC. (note: This example may not be correct).

I think this might save everyone a lot of time.

Just a suggestion :)

Terry O'Brien

Vancouver, Ca

PS. I would volunteer to do it and keep it up-to-date myself if I had access to the data.

Hi Terry,

These "freeware" airports don't need to be modified for all the various iterations of FSX.  They should be "good to go" as they are or at least as close as they're going to be.  There is a PDF of all the airports but it doesn't include anything about status, see:

Cheers, Neil

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Hi folks,

I'd like to suggest these two airports in Peru. Chagual looks adventurous as in this video and Trujillo is a major coastal airport in the area.

SPGL Chagual Airport
SPRU Trujillo Airport

Greetings,
Bermuda

I really second that for Chagual, there's a growing number of people interest in this REAAAALLY challenging airport, although I still think it would deserve the care of a Orbx payware touch. It should be "mesh complicated" I think. 

Regards

On 2016-04-08 at 2:10 AM, Bermuda425 said:

Hi folks,

I'd like to suggest these two airports in Peru. Chagual looks adventurous as in this video and Trujillo is a major coastal airport in the area.

SPGL Chagual Airport
SPRU Trujillo Airport

I looked at these and added Trujillo to my list. Chagual is hard because the local mesh doesn't match the river so it would be difficult to do in a way that captures the difficulty of the airport. Maybe sometime in the future.

Larry

Edited by larryisenor
  • Upvote 1

I'd like to suggest an airport maybe also for an payware option. Haven't found a general thread for airport suggestions but I guess the developer guys are reading that thread too.

EDMK - Kempten-Durach Allgä Airport

(Germanys highest airport and also base of the rescue helicopter Christoph 17)

Website here but only in German: http://www.edmk.de

Hi Folks,

Totally appreciate anything you guys do but if you're open to suggestions...

Yeah - looking for one in NY - the area south of Albany is devoid of any substantial airports - my favorites:

KMGJ - Orange County - medium size GA field...

KSWF - Stewart Airport - medium sized commercial airport...

KHPN - White Plains - medium sized commercial airport...

One in CT

KDXR - Danbury CT - medium sized biz jet airport in a bowl surrounded by hills that make for some cool approaches...

Thanks one and all !

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Pete Wilcox said:

BA9 Ospika, BC is a nice area north of MacKenzie and is a mess and a know error with UTX Canada.  Any upgrade here would be delightful.

Not great air photos but I think I can do something with this one so I'll add it to my list.

Larry

12 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Larry, is it possible in cases like Ospika to have trees immediately next to the runwaywithout the default vague surroundings?

I usually set the airport ground textures to match the real life size. The land class around depends on the existing LC although I can make sure there is a forest landclass up to the airport boundary. Actual tree placement depends on the land class squares ( The trees are grouped so sometimes do not appear right on the edge of the land class. I'll try to make sure this airport looks as close as possible to the actual area although it's not possible to hand place a lot of trees ( and they don't usually look very good.)

Larry

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, skywreck said:

Wondering if there is a chance to have 15A Macon County, North Carolina airport added to the freeware list.

Much obliged.

Excellent request in a beautiful mountain setting in my home state! A slight correction: the FAA identifier for this airport is 1A5.

Hi Folks,

1A5 and KSOP are excellent choices, NC has been getting lot's of ORBX freeware love!! .  I have been noting all the airports suggested, it's a getting to be a VERY long list.

Cheers, Neil

• Upvote 2

I would love to see my local airport KCFE (Buffalo Municipal). It's a GA airport west of Minneapolis. Owned and operated by Lucas Oil Airshows. So there are always Pitts flying in and out. Also they are currently in the process of refurbishing  some J3 Cubs that they will then use for training. I would love to base my A2A J3 there. :)

Wow you guys are swamped with request. Well the more Alaskan airports the better. Anything you can do with Aleutian Islands Airports would be great including PADK, PASN, PAPB , PAAT , and anything in the interior and northern part of Alaska would be much appreciated

Hi Bermuda425 and Trans_1007,

I'm doing PMDY, Midway Atoll and ATU, Casco Cove CGS, Attu as "misfit" airports since they're simple and don't need an objects file.  They will show up when Vector 1.40 is released

PMDY.jpg

ATU.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hi Rob,

KPDT is OK.  I think you see this as you're checking OR for NA_LC and you've UNchecked the 4 sections of each region.  Add your check back into the _05 folder and the elevation will be fine (ignore the wierd airport background color).  When just unchecking the sections the elevation files in Scenery/World/scenery are still active, checking just the _05 activates just the airports and all is well.

Cheers, Neil

I love FTX Broome, captures the rugged atmosphere of the Kimerleys nicely.  How about a typical Aussie cattle/sheep station:  gravel runaway, homestead, shearing sheds or cattle yards, outbuildings, close paddocks -- ready for flights by the Royal Flying Doctor Service or mustering helicopters/light aircraft?  Would be a pretty unique addition!

Ron

Anna-Creek-Station-in-South-Australia.jpg

I'm time building in the south right now. So if you need some pictures of some airports let me know.

Basically, any airport in MS, LA, AL, Southern TN, or the FL panhandle I could check out for you. I need the time anyway, so flying to go take some pictures isn't a big deal. Just shoot me a request and I'll see about making it happen.

Hi Bonchie,

For freeware airports I generally can get by with GE and Bing for layout and the buildings are from our ORBX library so a trip to an airports isn't necessary, but thanks for the offer.  FYI, I'm doing KTCL, Tuscaloosa Regl, right now for Pack 27.  I've had to update all taxi designators and taxisigns, what a pain, but it will be quite accurate when finished.

Cheers, Neil

• Upvote 1

Hi caaront,

KMWL was done in Pack 24.  This thread is for freeware airport requests, anything beyond the confines of the airport (other than to make the surrounding LC accurate) is not on the menu, sorry.

Cheers, Neil

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Larry! Thanks for the 26th pack!!

I will ask for this again, sorry for being repetitive, is  KAGC doable?

Also, can you do a SDCD - Catanduva (in Brazil) version for the Global packs?

Thanks a lot again!