Freeware airport requests

Been having a blast in VR, crop dusting with the AG Truck in Socal. It's difficult to comprehend how tiny that cockpit is until you get in the headset.

Two small airports that serve the agricultural community would love an upgrade, please!

KMIT - Shafter-Minter Field

CA67 - Westley Airport (Valley Crop Dusters)

Your hard work and dedication is very much appreciated.

KOQN (Brandywine), a popular non-towered field serving the western Philadelphia suburbs. Notable for its heli FOB on the north ramp and the fixed wing on the east ramp, and for the trees along the runway, large mansion just off the 27 departure, and the over-road approach coming in on 27. It would shine with some ORBX love!

http://www.airnav.com/airport/koqn

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Tangier Is would be cool - flown in there for real - sits under a restricted area - so you need to note you altitude on the way in....

How about anything Cape Air ? Really would like to see a Biz Jet capable feeder to NYC - (perfect for vacation hops to Bar Harbor) White Plains (KHPN) has some truly beautiful approaches in a bit of a more frame rate friendly area than say Teterboro...

5378fc465466d29527b949d65f59836a.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

On 9/16/2016 at 3:23 AM, larryisenor said:

I Actually have a very long list but don't always do the airports in order of request. It depends on difficulty, the availability of good information (although I usually check air photos of the airport before I add it to the list), and where it is located in the world - I tend to concentrate on Canada because I live there but also try to do one or two in Central and South America for each pack. Since the release of the NA Landclass I may do a few in Mexico but will try to do SABE for the next pack or the one after. Right now there are just over 50 on the list and I can do about 15-20 per pack depending on time and how many others are submitted.

Larry

Hey Larry, how are you? Any update on SABE? Seen a couple of packs go by and no luck yet :( 

On 2016-12-04 at 8:56 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Tangier Is would be cool - flown in there for real - sits under a restricted area - so you need to note you altitude on the way in....

How about anything Cape Air ? Really would like to see a Biz Jet capable feeder to NYC - (perfect for vacation hops to Bar Harbor) White Plains (KHPN) has some truly beautiful approaches in a bit of a more frame rate friendly area than say Teterboro...

5378fc465466d29527b949d65f59836a.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1 on the cape air routes.

Ogdensburg and Massena would be great. 

Thx 

glenn

I'd like to put in another request, but with some reasoning.

S52 Methow Valley State

This airport is the home base of all Smokejumping operations (NCSB) during summertime wildfire season. There is an incredible amount of helicopter and fixed wing traffic for this mountain airport. I believe it is a must-have for the region. Outside the busy summer season it is used by some small private jets and GA traffic.

The current fsx airport makes absolutely no sense and is missing the features of the helibase and GA hangers.

Thanks,

Luigi

Edited by MethowBird97

All of the UK Gliding clubs and parachute clubs.

A fantastic start would be one of the biggest VFR treasures in Northern England, Sutton Bank Gliding Airfield in North Yorkshire along with the famous White Horse which is visible for miles. The airfield is historically important in the aviation pantheon. 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.2296087,-1.2098213,1381m/data=!3m1!1e3

http://www.ygc.co.uk/

For some obscure reason the recent England patch update includes a fictional gliding school in Lancashire. I mean what the hell is all that about?

Much love.

Lane.

Edited by Lane Thomas Hewitt

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Just throwing one out for consideration - I've recently got into flying business jets - thanks to FSW Lear 35A (I just can't get enough of this plane) - always looking for "executive" class airports to gain access to major metropolitan areas without hitting a Bravo - Cleveland's Burke Lakefront fits the bill well and do to its proximity to water - jacks up the interest a bit...

KBKL Burke Lakefront Airport
Cleveland, Ohio, USA

67a3d0c25e9e1e9ba6dcdb7815df6ce2.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by scottb613
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, wmcgrady said:

As new freeware airports are added, will the Orbx Payware and Freeware map be updated as well? This is a great flight planning tool that I use practically all of the time!! Thanks for all the airports you have provided!!

Hi...

This is the one I use and it's been kept up to date - I believe it's "unofficial" though...

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=16TLldaoxxmFv7wOWfYyM8zV-bgM&ll=37.937379800307404%2C0&z=1

Regards,

Scott

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:36 PM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Just throwing one out for consideration - I've recently got into flying business jets - thanks to FSW Lear 35A (I just can't get enough of this plane) - always looking for "executive" class airports to gain access to major metropolitan areas without hitting a Bravo - Cleveland's Burke Lakefront fits the bill well and do to its proximity to water - jacks up the interest a bit...

KBKL Burke Lakefront Airport
Cleveland, Ohio, USA

67a3d0c25e9e1e9ba6dcdb7815df6ce2.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!!! The CART FedEx championship used to run races at this Airport... back in the late 90s / early 2000s... :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

The Miramichi Airport (CYCH) would be a good addition to your Maritime Canada collection (it has a 10,000 foot runway, so it can handle all sizes and speeds of aircraft):

Page Field (KFMY) in Fort Myers could benefit from a little bit of the Orbx touch as well, and makes for a nice stopping/jumping off point on the west coast of Florida:

• Upvote 1

The Miramichi Airport (CYCH) would be a good addition to your Maritime Canada collection (it has a 10,000 foot runway, so it can handle all sizes and speeds of aircraft):

On my list. I've been considering it for a while so probably the pack after next.

Larry

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, larryisenor said:

> The Miramichi Airport (CYCH) would be a good addition to your Maritime Canada collection

On my list. I've been considering it for a while so probably the pack after next.

Miramichi also has a fairly eclectic collection of GA hangars that you could have a bit of fun with (reminds me a bit of Vashon's lineup):

Edited by Michael Copp

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

LOL - while we just keep throwing out requests - I guess this is what the thread is for...

Appreciate all you guys do and all you guys have done...

Obviously I now need a movie camera to step up my game...

:D

KMGJ - Orange County - New York

On the 45

Clearfield%20099_zpsmgofqztg.jpg

Base

Clearfield%20100_zpsdidtxpfp.jpg

Final

Clearfield%20101_zpsuc23ncsb.jpg

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Upvote 1

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the responses...

Yeah - I had made an earnest attempt on KMGJ back in FS9, spent countless hours on it, and had it mostly completed... Unfortunately I stalled out - as I couldn't make decent night textures on the ground poly's I was happy with - and that satellite coverage area was vast - probably should have been less ambitious... So it was relegated to the dust bin and never got released - but I did complete custom models for all the structures and satellite imagery... I haven't done any serious development since then...

LOL - I remember hand placing over 10,000 trees with Autogen Annotator on the imagery - quite the task...

My old project thread if interested: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?259873-Improving-my-little-corner-of-the-world&highlight=KMGJ 

If I thought it would help - I'd donate all my models to the cause...

I learned to fly over at KPOU - would love to see it - but that airport never had the charm of KMGJ...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have one airport to request because I just discovered it as I was reading a story about it and couldn't find any upgraded version of it for the sim;

KAAO - Colonel James Jabara Airport in Wichita, Kansas.

It would be great to have due to who it is named after, and I just read a story about a Boeing 747LCF Dreamlifter which landed there by accident, damaging the runway, and having to take off again from the runway which was 3000 ft shorter than the recommended minimum runway length.

PS.  I also just saw two more interesting airports nearby.  The Beech Factory (KBEC) and Cessna Factory (KCEA).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2511166/Boeing-747-Dreamlifter-plane-stuck-tiny-Kansas-airport.html

https://www.wired.com/2013/11/dreamlifter-wrong-airport/

Cheers,

Edited by scottharmes6

Two requests for the future, interesting airports, but I also have personal reasons:

St Cloud MN (KSTC).  Fair sized regional airport serving St Cloud, the town in which my wife gre up.

and

Atlantic, IA (KAIO).  My father was born in this town.  I don't remember him (he died when I was two) and the family (what I know of it) has long gone elsewhere, but I like to stop here on my cross country jaunts to honor his memory and wonder "what if?" 

• Upvote 1

Neil, et al.,

After lurking for several years, I'll go ahead and finally throw in a few dream requests... and, like most, I'd like to see some love given to the area near my hometown of Lubbock, TX, which would fill in a gap nicely between some previously released airports.

• KLBB - Lubbock Preston Smith Intl. - (of course)
  • F83 - Abernathy Muni. - not much there, and in fact has been recently closed, but a lot of history and where I made my first solo landing in a C152 back in the mid 1980s.  There's a 9-hole golf course near the south end and I think they're using it for RC aircraft now.
  • F82 - Lubbock Executive Airpark - formerly Town and Country Airpark - nice little place, recently renovated and next to the local motor speedway, which could make for some interesting scenery.  Taking much of the smaller GA traffic away from KLBB lately.
  • F49 - Slaton Muni - a cute little airport that hosts an airshow every year. With a small museum and collection of various aircraft on display including an F-4, F-14 and an F-18 among others.  Check it out on Google Earth/Maps/etc... the historic image from 2003 was taken during one of the airshows.
  • TA67 - Biggin Hill - A private, fly-in community that doesn't quite live up to it's namesake UK airfield in status and charm... but would make a pleasant place to pop in some afternoon around tea-time.

Thanks for your consideration! :)

Edited by ebgee
  • Upvote 1