Freeware airport requests

On 2016-07-03 at 7:19 AM, CPCCEO said:

How about Manitoulin Island; CYEM and CYZE :)  Maybe throw in the Bruce Penninsula; CNR4 and CYVV.  Just hoping for some smaller ones in Ontario ;)

I'll put the first 3 on the list. CYVV has already been done and is in the freeware pack.

Larry

57NC Sossamon Field, Bryson City, NC.

This is a great little airport on the Tuckasegee River.  It is a private airport and if you look on Google Earth, Mr. Sossamon must be letting it go because there is a patchwork of grass growing on the runway.  Wouldn't it be great if you could duplicate some of that.

Also FS Genesis has messed it up so if you could apply some flattening technique that would be helpful if you decide to take it on.  It would be a great addon for hopping around the Blue Ridge Mountains.

005178.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, larryisenor said:

I'll put the first 3 on the list. CYVV has already been done and is in the freeware pack.

Larry

Oops, sorry Larry!  Thanks for considering the other 3 though :)

Hi Pete, thanks for the suggestions

TN44 is an interesting location and the LC in the sim is very good at this location.  57NC (essentially abandoned?) was a challenge to do, not the airport, but the LC around it needed quite a bit of tweaking.

Cheers, Neil

• Upvote 1

If you need a couple more, here are a couple more suggestions:

5NC3 - Gilliam-McConnell - Carthage, NC (An interesting airport with a popular barbecue restaurant.)

W88 - Air Harbor - Greensboro, NC

Thanks for taking our suggestions and for all your hard work on these airports, Neil!

How about KLNP,  Lonesome Pine Airport  in Wise Va.    Would be a nice starting or destination airport addition to the Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, North Carolina area airports already completed and in the works.    Also KSGJ St. Augistine Florida would be a nice addition in Florida but it might be a little much for a freeware.

Edited by shaneb
  • Upvote 1

Hi

If it has not been asked before, may I suggest Reggio Calabria (LICR)? A nice little airport with an offset ILS and guide-in lights, very similar to Kai Tak, which makes for challenging approaches. Also, the circle-to-land on rwy 33 is one of the most scenic and fun procedures when flying in Italy.

Thanks in advance! :)

I would also like to see some more Australian airports that have not had the orbx treatment, YMIA Mildura and YMAY Albury,

Mildura is Victoria's busiest regional airport and both of these airports bordering Victoria and New South Wales on the mighty Murray River.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mildura_Airport

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albury_Airport

Mal

Edited by Mal Walker

Hi,

How about Bradley Intl (KBDL) in Windsor Locks, CT USA.  This would be especially appropriate as the neighboring New England Air Museum is the site of FlightSimCon, of which ORBX is a sponsor, in June.  I think conference attendees, as well as many others, would love to see an accurate rendition of this airport, including the Sheraton, where most stay, and, of course, the Museum.

Ken

Yup I agree completely.

On 7/12/2016 at 10:24 AM, Ken Q said:

Hi,

On 7/12/2016 at 10:24 AM, Ken Q said:

How about Bradley Intl (KBDL) in Windsor Locks, CT USA.  This would be especially appropriate as the neighboring New England Air Museum is the site of FlightSimCon, of which ORBX is a sponsor, in June.  I think conference attendees, as well as many others, would love to see an accurate rendition of this airport, including the Sheraton, where most stay, and, of course, the Museum.

Ken

Hi awreaper,

Sure, I'll throw M25 in to Pack 27, a welcome relief while working KBWI, KMKG, KWMC and KMOT, all of which are in Pack 27. 

By the way I've sent Ed a group of 50 "small" airports that were requested over time but I passed over to get mid size airports out for you guys.  He'll get them released when he gets a chance.

Cheers, Neil

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 8:43 PM, Mal Walker said:

I would also like to see some more Australian airports that have not had the orbx treatment, YMIA Mildura and YMAY Albury,

Mildura is Victoria's busiest regional airport and both of these airports bordering Victoria and New South Wales on the mighty Murray River.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mildura_Airport

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albury_Airport

Mal

I would love to see these airports given the orbx make over, having lived in Mildura and used the airport and now living near Albury , it would be a fantastic update to Australia's regional airports. Vatpac( vatsim austrailia ) do regional flights from Albury and Mildura is the 32nd busiest airport in Australia. Worth looking at I say

Hi Bermuda,

KDTS and KAJR have been added to my list. 

@fluro35, I do exclusively NA airports.  If someone down under would like to do those you suggested as freeware I would be happy to help.

By the way, airports I'm working on now will show up as Pack 28.  Ed is making those 50 smaller airports I did Pack 27, they should be released any time now.

Cheers, Neil

• Upvote 1

Hey Neil,

Can you also consider doing KBDL? It's a very nice overlooked airport. It also had the flightsim con there, as we know. I've been asking around  for that airport and nobody wants to do the job. It would be awesome if you can do it. Thanks for your time.

I would like to see KOSH, Wittmann Regional or Oshkosh as it is better known. I have got one third party version which is not bad, except that it was made to blend with the old Microsoft FSX scenery. Wouldn't it be just mind blowing to have one done by Orbx now, as the new OLC America is about to be released. It is a very important airport, home of the Oskosh Air Venture.

On 7/28/2016 at 1:46 PM, Pete Wilcox said:

W35 Berkeley Springs, WV on the Potomac River would be a welcome sight.

Hey Pete, I was sure that this airport has been done before but a quick look on the list convinced me that I was wrong :rolleyes:

However, what confused me is that there is an excellent freeware available for W35 that has been designed to blend with FTX Global. So here is the link and let me know what you think :)

http://www.classicwings.net/#!scenery/cfvg

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Hey Pete, I was sure that this airport has been done before but a quick look on the list convinced me that I was wrong :rolleyes:

However, what confused me is that there is an excellent freeware available for W35 that has been designed to blend with FTX Global. So here is the link and let me know what you think :)

http://www.classicwings.net/#!scenery/cfvg

Thanks for posting that link! I don't think I've ever seen those freeware airfields before. I'll have to check those out.

Edited by BPL
  • Upvote 1

I'd like to suggest KDSV, Dansville.  Not a challenging airport to land in but beautiful as it's in a valley and has lots of GA and glider activity.. It also is home to the NYS Festival of Balloons each Labor Day.

Thanks

Kevin

HI All,

All these requests have been added to my list.  With OLC_NA out now I figured I'd get a bunch on add'l requests.  I'll not be able to get to them all but undoubtedly some will be upcoming.

Cheers, Neil

• Upvote 2

I'd like to second the request of Jerrymc3 for some Texas airports.  Although I do most of my flying in the North East, I do like to fly Texas.  I'd especially like to add San Marcos (KHYI) and Gillespie County, Fredericksburg (T82).

Ken