Freeware airport requests

Please, more Aussie stuff for the western 2/3 that has been comparatively ignored!

Stop me if I've said this before ;) but there's been no good YPPF Parafield since Steve Royals in FS9 did it. Love to see his old fields done by Orbx! (YPPF also has a weather stone. Or had, it was stolen)

There's a good YPAD Adelaide available, but it's been upgraded a lot in the real world since then.

YPAG Pt Augusta

YWHA Whyalla

YPIR Pt Pirie (all three might fit in one "Iron Triangle" pack!)

YMTG Mt Gambier

I liked a suggestion for cattle station airstrips elsewhere in this thread. Alan Blencowe has already done several for WA and he seems to be moving on to Orbx compatibility (many already work fine). That still leaves South Australia and the Northern Territory.

As for non-Aussie;-
PAUN Unalakleet - mentioned by others (maybe I'm not the only one who liked that TV show!)

CYQT Thunder Bay (loved my FS9 version and I like the location)

CYZF Yellowknife (yep, saw it on TV too. Seems to me it, and any other bonus fields nearby, cries out for an Orbx pack)

Edited by johnfromoz

Hi johnfromoz,

At JV's request I'm currently doing ALL Aussie airports for an update that will eventually be released, just not soon as there are a LOT of airports. 

You're the 2nd person who's requested airports that are already done as freeware.  PAUN, CYQT and CYZF are all currently released freeware airports. 

Cheers, Neil

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

A few requests if I may,

CYDQ Dawson Creek B.C. 

CYXJ Ft. St. John B.C.

CBX7 Tumbler Ridge B.C.

CYZY Mackenzie B.C.

All small destinations very close together, fun little places to fly to out of Grande Prarie CYQU or Peace River CYPE for some short hops

Cheers,

Greg Z

Could we get KNZY enhanced?

It looked fair with the Southern California region, but now that the KSAN payware has enhanced the area, KNZY looks really bad compared to its surroundings.  Especially when it is so close to KSAN.

On 5/1/2017 at 3:56 PM, baptista said:

requests
SBUR region of livestock and agriculture in the Brazilian geographic center
Looking forward to the Open Lc South America. Thanks for the previous scenarios

I second that! We're missing some good sceneries down here, and SBUR is one of them!

Just a couple of requests. I just sent one before finding this thread. It is KSSF Stinson field in San Antonio. Iconic to the birth of aviation in the U.S. Another is a small airport located in New Braunfels KBAZ. 

Thanks for all your great work!

• Upvote 1

Requests:

KLMO - Vance Brand Airport at Longmont, Colorado.  This is where I learned to fly back in 1999.

KPHN - St. Clair County International Airport at Port Huron, Michigan.  Don't be fooled by the grand name it's just a small one but as a kid I dreamed of flying there.  I did get to fly there as an adult when visiting family a few years ago.  That was truly a dream come true.

Hello all,

I would like to request an airport to be enhanced and given the "ORBX" treatment. The airport is San Marcos Regional (KHYI) in Texas. This is the "home airport" of a popular pilot (and Youtuber), his channel is MrAviation101.

First and foremost, the stock P3D airport has an issue with the AFCAD. It "features" a non-existing runway (4-22), in fact this should be Taxiway "J" but for some reason P3D "decided" it is a runway. So the AFCAD needs some editing to start with. And then it would be amazing if an ORBX magician could further enhance this airport by adding some clutters such as grass, static aircraft, maybe some buildings and people, in fact the usual treatment.

Please kindly take this airport into consideration!

Cheers!

Lufker N49 and Spadaro 1N2 are joined by a taxiway. Located in eastern Long Island,NY and my home airport where I keep my home built Zenith CH-701 STOL plane. It's the last one of its kind on Long Island.

As a customer of every Orbx product I would like to see just this one on the list one day! Thanks for all the great flying, in VR your work truly comes to life and better than the real deal.

Brian Unruh

Long Island, New York

www.701builder.com

SAAR and SBUR have been added to my list. Good air photos of both are available. Not sure if they will make it into the next group but eventually I will get to them.

Larry

PS Thanks to whoever pinned this topic.

EG3M Oxenhope airfield, West Yorkshire, UK.

This has been modelled by Gary Simmons And Neil (forgot last name) some time ago. I would love to see an ORBX version of this. Near Haworth (Bronte's 19th century town) and not far from the famous Top Withins farm (Wuthering Heights) and Leeds-Bradford airport. Challenging takeoff and landing (it's atop a hill and beside a large camping area).

The Turbine windmill quarry and surroundings have not been modelled by anyone since FSX.

Payware or freeware, I'm there!!

Barty

Edited by deepredson

• Ed Correia unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What a nice surprise tonight when exploring the wonderful SA open LC, I landed in SCTE.

I didn't know the airport had been enhanced, but I appreciated it a lot.

Nice job !

So I think will have my little request (never had one since now): KTYS Knoxville east Tennessee.

Thank you again.

6 hours ago, NN_Avirex said:

What a nice surprise tonight when exploring the wonderful SA open LC, I landed in SCTE.

I didn't know the airport had been enhanced, but I appreciated it a lot.

Thanks for the comments. The airport is in a great location to explore the fjords and volcanos in southern Chile. There are a number of airports in South America and one more in the latest pack that should be out shortly. I'll probably do some more as time goes on although I tend to concentrate on Canada since I have access to better info on the airports.

Larry

Edited by larryisenor
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just flew out of the Cherry Capital airport in Traverse City Mi.  The entire region up there is SPECTACULALY BEAUTIFY.  Sandy bottoms lakes with crystal clear water.. All sorts of harbors and boats.  Cherry Tree groves are everywhere!  I can’t believe Orbx has not covered this region yet.  All the way up to Mackinaw... the Mackinac Bridge and Mackinac Island are both STUNNING!   Come on Orbx..... put this on your roadmap please!  Pay or freeware.. either way!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

For those that have UT2, I request Penzance Heliport (IATA: PZE, ICAO: EGHK). It would be an interesting challenge matching fsx AI requirements to real world details as you have to have a runway of at least 120 mtrs long so that the helicopters can land.

On another thread we have been discussing Utah scenery.  Southern Utah seems to be underrepresented in the list of 13 airports, so I thought I would add some small southern Utah airports to the requests: 1L9 (Parowan), U55 (Panguitch), KMLF (Milford), U52 (Beaver), 38U (Wayne Wonderland) and U14 (Nephi).  Slightly out of Utah, but on the way to Page and the Grand Canyon KAZC (Colorado City) would be another good candidate.

Thanks for all your work ORBX! You guys are truly DA BEST!

A couple requests, only because they are airports close to home for me.

KPQN- I did my private pilot training here!

KOTG

57C

Thanks!

Ok, thanks for the CNR4, CYEM, CYZE :)

My next Ontario wishlist includes: CYYU, CYTS, CYSP, CYXZ, CYLD, CYEL, CYAM, CPT2, CYQA, CYPQ.  Even CZKE, CYFA and CYAT would be nice.  I guess I am saying anything in Northern Ontario is fine ;)

Bruce

Bruce

Thanks for the acknowledgement. I just finished CYQK - Kenora so it will be in the next pack. I have added the rest to my list (I think some are already on it). No promises on when I will get to them but will probably do more eastern airports as most lately have been in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Larry

• Upvote 1

Hi.  I'd like to request the following airports:

KSRB Upper Cumberland Regional Airport, Sparta, Tennessee

KVLD Valdosta Regional Airport, Valdosta, Georgia

KHLN Helena Regional Airport, Helena, Montana

CYAY St Anthony Airport, St Anthony, Newfoundland

LIPY Marche Airport, Ancona, Italy

Thanks a lot.

Dave

Whew what a list! I have 3 airports that I would love to see done.

KEVV- Evansville Regional Airport, Evansville, Indiana

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KEVV

The airport has gone through some runway and taxiway relocation projects and is very different than what came with FSX/P3D. It's my home airport. If I can be of any assistance, supplying information or pictures, please let me know. 

KBVI- Beaver County Airport

Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania 

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KBVI

Very cool little airport north of Pittsburgh. It's home to a tight aviation community and the flight program for CCBC. With a 4,501 foot runway on top of a hill, it would fit right in with the small airport pack.

KMLU- Monroe Regional Airport 

Monroe, Louisiana 

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KMLU

Original home of Delta Airlines when they were flying mail and short routes. My first facility that I worked at. 

Thanks,

Bill