RIP Vlad Maly

Ed Correia

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very sorry to learn of this and of the painful struggle he must have gone through. My most sincere condolences to his family and loved ones in such difficult times! He will be missed here in ORBX and in the flightsim world though my thoughts will be with him everytime I visit his excellent sceneries. Rest in peace.

Well, being in one of the last time zones, I am just finding out about this. My condolences to Vlad's family, and I salute his memory. May his memory live on here on these forums and the hearts of simmers across the Orbx landscape.

7 hours ago, John Venema said:

@Ed Correia can we put Vlad's payware on 50% off until the end of October and all proceeds go to his family? We can sort out the details between us via email.

What a tragedy. Such a talented man in so many ways, artist, photographer, and developer. May God bring peace to his family and loved ones. 

I will be sure to buy all his work when you all are ready. 

I didn't know Mr Maly at all but Im sad to hear this news.  he lived in a part of the world not far from some of my relatives and I always was tempted to ask if he knew anything about those cities and places that no longer exist.

Well...condolences to the family.  It appears he was quite the artist.

If Orbx wouldn't mind identifying his payware creations, Id be happy to buy them.

Very sad to hear of Vlad's passing. He was an incredibly talented artist in many different areas. Vlad and I came into the fold around the same time, my first interaction with Vlad was asking who had been teaching him and finding out that he had read through the entire SDK and simply learned the ins and outs on his own. Not an easy feat. 

Vlad Maly's contributions to Orbx were the following, in roughly the order he created them:

-CEN4 High River Regional Airport (free)

-CEJ4 Claresholm Industrial Airport (free)

-CEF4 Airdrie Airpark 

-LKHV Horovice Airport

-CNK4 Parry Sound Airport

I've always been partial to the CEx4 airport trio. The three are situated in a row with the north end near Calgary in the high prairie of Alberta. Some of the fields have a really industrial, old GA field feel to them. 

This news hits home. I suppose its the feeling of taking for granite that the next day will feel like the last. Never had a forum exchange with Vlad but knew he was very proud of his his work and knew that his talent was much appreciated by our community.  RIP Vlad your spirit will live on.

Archived