OZx Donation Drive

John Venema

Hello all,

Our esteemed Orbx systems administrator and good friend from day zero (pre-Orbx days, VOZ etc) - Jay Kae, has asked me to highlight a donation drive for OZx here - http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/23919-donation-drive-ozx/

As most of you are aware, OZx was born from the initial Orbx freeware team and became an independant organisation when the admin load of looking after so many freeware developers became too much for a very young Orbx company.

Since that time (back in 2008 I believe), it has gone on to give countless airports and sceneries to the FS community and has become one of the largest collections of aircraft repaints on the net. Many talented OZx developers such as Tim Harris, Ken Hall, Misha Cajic and more have joined Orbx over the years so it has also acted as a excellent conduit for experienced craftsmen into Orbx.

Jay is funding OZx mostly out of his own pocket and needs your support to keep this most worthwhile site running. Since it benefits Orbx indirectly due to all the great Australian and worldwide freeware being compatible with FTX regions, it makes total sense to bring this to your attention.

Orbx has donated $500 toward this cause, and you can donate via your FSS account as little as $5 to help Jay minimise his personal costs.

Won't you join me in lending a hand where it counts? If you have already donated, a big THANK YOU! Here's the link again - http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/23919-donation-drive-ozx/

Thanks!

Thanks for highlighting this again John.

Well done with the very generous ORBX donation.

Did my little bit along with many others on the Forum here 2 weeks ago.

Just hope that everyone who uses OZx can make some sort of donation to keep it going.

I got an email this morning and I gave as well. I noticed it allows you to enter your redeem code which made me laugh, so I could give a $10 donation but type in OZXMEMBER and receive 5% off my donation???

I didn't do that but I thought it was funny  :P

I would suggest that anyone who does use OZXMEMBER when making purchases should consider a donation because that coupon has saved you money over the years, so giving back a little bit is always helpful in continuing a good thing.

And thanks Jay for keeping OZx alive

Cheers

I am incredibly grateful and thankful for all the help given, I am on the road at the moment but it is in the FSS top 5 and I wil check what we are up to when I get back on Sunday but, thank you.. so much again for all the assistance.. everyone

Thank you John for this post it is much appreciated my old friend, this Christmas it has been 12 years.. how time flies 

Sorry for being late.  My wife passed away 2 weeks ago.  Although I am on a very limited income until the legal paperwork has been fulfilled, I thought I had to respond to this donation request, so I did my little bit.  Jay Kae and ozx has given me lots of flightsimming enjoyment. I wish you all the best, Jay Kae!

Jean-Jacques

JJ I am so sorry to hear about your wife, thank you all for your contributions, I am still on the road (delayed by two days :( ) but I will check when I come home, I am humbled by the support given regardless, thank you so much 

I am lost for words everyone the total now stands at $6500 and running costs are about $6000 so OZx is safe for another year, I do not know what to say other than thank you and be assured, any surplus funds will remain in the Paypal account for the year after.

Thank you thank you thank you

OZx was my first experience with scenery-add on's at my beginning as FS-enthousiast via FS2004. Together with the upcoming Orbx FTX later on, the combination remains supurb.

So, as thank for the already downloaded and the future use of OZx-services I made also a little donation to keep the good work working in a maintaining quality. Thank you for the efforts made.

JV, thanks for the presentation on this, very well put together.  OZx is a remarkable site for the simmers with some very nice freeware addons.  The biggest thing I think is used is the photo server which we all seen first hand last month when it went down fro maintenance, man oh man did that create a stir.  So I think in return the support that has been given so far is truly remarkable to see how the sim community can pull together to help each other out so that we can continue to enjoy this wonderful hobby we have.  Thanks to all and my contribution is in.

On 10/11/2015 23:05:47, Jay Kae said:

I am lost for words everyone the total now stands at $6500 and running costs are about $6000 so OZx is safe for another year, I do not know what to say other than thank you and be assured, any surplus funds will remain in the Paypal account for the year after.

Thank you thank you thank you

Now we waiting for Email that is awesome ..  thank you to you Jay Kae . its also a hard work to maintain Ozx , and you are a part of ORBX  :P

Patrick

Archived