Member photo gallery

Ryan Mason

Hello, I'm poppet, real name Elaine D Dixon.  I was born and brought up in Ireland,  current location, Leinster Ireland.   I am pretty much a Newbie to the world of Simming.  Love it so i do.

I fly the smaller stuff,  Single and Twin prop planes,  absolutely love the war birds 

16856392598_551e6db25a_c.jpgiphone pics 378 by *poppet*, on Flickr

17018195326_1fc3be944f_c.jpgiphone pics 380 by *poppet*, on Flickr

This is my Ferrari,  its beautiful isn't it  *snigger*  Nooooo its my friends Ferrari,   a fake one at that,  i think they call it a NR2 converted Toyota.  Its the business looking though. 

Anyways that's me, So dude,  who the hell are you   ::)

Alex Feldstein

American Airlines Boeing 777

This is in January 2015, during our annual photographer's visit to Miami International Airport

Great shot Alex, your lens looks small compared to the ventilator behind you...

Hello, I'm poppet, real name Elaine D Dixon. I was born and brought up in Ireland, current location, Leinster Ireland. I am pretty much a Newbie to the world of Simming. Love it so i do.

I fly the smaller stuff, Single and Twin prop planes, absolutely love the war birds

Anyways that's me, So dude, who the hell are you ::)

Hi Elaine, welcome. Glad to hear that you are enjoying flight simming. Your photos don't show up on my tablet. It says they have been removed, is that correct? Or is the problem at my end?

Hi Elaine, welcome. Glad to hear that you are enjoying flight simming. Your photos don't show up on my tablet. It says they have been removed, is that correct? Or is the problem at my end?

Hello Roger,

Yes i don't see them either,  not sure what happened there. Its possible i moved them to a different place on my Flcker account.  Didn't realize it would effect the actual pics i have uploaded.  Will have to check that later.  

Ok,  got it now i think 

16448896103_fa2d3f52cf_b.jpgiphone pics 378 by *poppet*, on Flickr

17067574692_477b523f71_b.jpgiphone pics 380 by *poppet*, on Flickr

Yaaaa it worked  ::)  I'm famous,  I'm on the Tele 

This is my Ferrari,  its beautiful isn't it  *snigger*  Nooooo its my friends Ferrari,   a fake one at that,  i think they call it a NR2 converted Toyota.  Its the business looking though. 
Anyways that's me, So dude,  who the hell are you    ::)

Welcome Elaine, I must say you are one of a rare breed in the sim community.  A women, but I will say welcome and I am happy to see you here.  Wish there were more like you, enjoy simming and we will see you around the forums :)

• Upvote 2

Ok,  got it now i think 

iphone pics 378 by *poppet*, on Flickr

iphone pics 380 by *poppet*, on Flickr

Yaaaa it worked  ::)  I'm famous,  I'm on the Tele 

Anyways that's me, So dude,  who the hell are you    ::)

Bad luck you have a severe speed limit in your country. Well, we have traffic jams instead...  :blink:

• Upvote 1

Hello, I'm poppet, real name Elaine D Dixon.  I was born and brought up in Ireland,  current location, Leinster Ireland. 

Hey, Elaine - I'm currently on the move over to Ireland (Shankill, Co. Dublin, to be exact). I don't have a Ferrari, but I will be bringing over a red car ;)

1277068208_resized.jpg?width=1366&height

Cheers

Martin aka Mallard

• Upvote 4

Welcome Elaine, I must say you are one of a rare breed in the sim community.  A women, but I will say welcome and I am happy to see you here.  Wish there were more like you, enjoy simming and we will see you around the forums :)

Hello Sammy, thank you, yes i'm having a blast, spending way to much money though but enjoying it  ::)

I'm glad you got the photos to display. And it's nice to meet you. Thanks for posting them.

Yes Roger i eventually got them up, didn't realize if you delete a pic on Flicker it deletes the pic completely,  all sorted now though.   8) 

Welcome Elaine!  What's next?  You in a Cessna spam can with "Learjet" labels all over it? ;)

:D  :D

Bad luck you have a severe speed limit in your country. Well, we have traffic jams instead...  :blink:

Very true Gerold,  top top speed of 120 KM,  Fine if your out for a jog really  ::) 

Hello Martin,  

Yes Shankill is a fine spot,  rite on the Coast between Dalky and Bray.  You have the best of lands all round you there and only a short spin to Wexford, great spot.

Lol to the car,  you'll have the ladies falling all round you  8)

Ummm, well if the ladies are falling for that car please sign me up for the next trip, LMAO!

Elaine, I totally understand what you mean about spending money.  Seems like every time I look at someones photo post I think how much more money I need to spend to make it look as good :)

• 4 weeks later...

20150423_131806.md.jpg

Hi from KEQY, near Matthews, N.C. , nice to meet all of ya. Was touring NA as a drummer for 20 years and an avid flight simmer since Aces over Europe, haha. Took the music thing till the train ran outta track, now training to be a CFI in the hopeful not to distant future.   ;D Great community of folks here.

Kind Regards,

DustBeats

20150423_134002.md.jpg20150423_131045.md.jpg20150423_123051568eb.md.jpg20150505_081923.md.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I seem to recall using cellphones to take selfies can damage your health. So... this is me aka Eagleskinner and/or even One-Eye. more after the pic.

20140617_174945.jpg

Chris Brisland is how I was knitted a little over 60 years back and I still haven't come unravelled yet - although judging by the pic, there's a few marbles adrift somewhere ;) I've been on pause for a couple of years, both FS'ing and skinning, but I'm back now so here's the low-down on li'l 'ole me. I've been simming since Bruce Artwick wore flared jeans (hmmm, so did I, come to think of it... and flowery... no, we shan't go down that road of sartorial sinning right now...) and in the real world I was a heli tech with the Brit army until I left and went to Airbus. At the moment I could say I am a rocket scientist, considering my recent time at Airbus Defence and Space working on the Ariane 5 satellite launch system. It's a bit of a job for paranoiacs though - imagine: you're not even allowed to send bio hazardous risk material up there - ET might sniff our glue and decide to sue...

Eagleskinner? Well, once I got into doing repaints in FS 8 and 9 I eventually discovered a joyous little plane called the Christen Eagle that the guys at Long Island Classics had created. The Eagle became my most skinned aircraft even before IRIS came up with there Eagle. Some of my paints are still active on the Avsim library, but I think I still have a hundred or more hidden somewhere in the 10 terror bytes of hard drives, WD cloud drives, WD passport  and so on. The original Eagleskinner site closed down y few years back but I might resurrect the site if I ever get back into painting (and I do mean if - arthritis and nadged wrist are slowing the pace down a bit these days.

One-Eye? Ah. Now there be a tale not for the faint hearted! way back in the day, there was a certain cult growth around a small airfield in the Pacific Northwest. KEWL - Emma Field. I the meantime I think Emma is a grown up lady and it wouldn't surprise me, if Matthias Kok was a granddad already. Anyway, KEWL was populated by a whole bunch of enthusiasts and the field developed a kind of life of it's own. Tales were spun and adventures flown. Fly-ins were frequent and I even managed to win the Emma Fly in time trial in the early naughties with barely a very few seconds off the planned touchdown time. Hah! Tales and the like - that's One-Eye to the core - as in "Whun I was in the war" or Whun I  was...." this that or the other.

Anyway, Old One-Eye, being fictional, can be anything he wants. He's the exception to prove the rule. You know the saying “You can have old pilots and bold pilots, but can’t have old, bold pilots!†Well the pilot of callsign "November One India" is that impossible pilot, the exception to the rule, the nut who will be seen flying upside down between the towers of Tower Bridge in London on his ninetieth birthday...

Oh, he has a friend and trusted sidekick too. Limp. One-Eye and Limp are not some obscure reference to a smutty joke (well, not nececelery) but rather an "Odd Couple" who live in a strange symbiosis of "Old and Bold" pilot (That's One-Eye) and his friend, the perfectionist mechanic (That would be Limp, as it happens...) More of them can be read (well hidden) around the web.

Real picture? Oh, go on then:

20150516_124332.jpg

Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Greeting folks, my name is Jim Morvay and I currently reside in Manassas, VA (I think I am the first Virginian to post here).   I've lived off and on an many parts of the USA but this area seems to be the place I come back too, although I'm not sure why.  My bread and butter trade is structural CAD Design for a global structures company.  I have had an interest in flying for as long as I can remember.  I've always wanted to be a pilot, but the poor eyesight nixed that idea real quick.  I served in the US Armed Forces during the first Desert Storm (version 1.0) then went on to learn my trade and now 20+ years later, I think I've settled down.  I love flight simming as I can go anywhere in the world at any time.  ORBX has made me realize my dream and I can honestly say it is a permanent hobby for me.  It's great to meet a lot of you here and you all have so much to share.

This is me, taken by my wife, during a quick break in travel while visiting London England last year. We are going back again this fall to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and we can't wait!

DSCN3202.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Greetings folks!

Glad to see some real faceses to the nicks!

My real name is Mike Vila, born in Barcelona Spain, moved to Montreal Canada at the age of five and afertward to Miami Florida at the age of ten till I was 18. I then moved back to Spain. I did my military service In Spain in the Spanish Legion and stayed in Spain till present, I live in a small town called Arbucies, about 40km from Barcelona. Iam 52 now so some gray is present hahaha.

I got into simming some years ago in a comunity called Seawolves.org at the time we had about 1,700 members in total, it was run by ex military personal so there was a military doctrin for all its members. I was into Jane´s 688i/Hunter killer sub sim and Falcon 4 where I was part of the staff. Unfortunenatly the Seawolve has lost popularity but at the time it was one of the larges comunitys on the net.

At present y fly P3D 2.5 and DCS where aim in a acrobatic team called "Partulla Aguila Virtual" where we imitate the real Spanish "Patrulla Aguila". It´s a real honor to be part of the team and have fun flying both sims. Been with the team for about two years and flying FSX/P3D for about four. Apart from simming I also love to play my Gibson Les Paul  8)

My nick comes from the Canadian group "Rush" which I have been a fan since I was 14, the song "Red Barchetta" and the album 2112.

My first real flight in a C-172

IMG_20150617_095711745_zpsxwkkyy77.jpg

IMG_20150617_100622653_HDR_zpsjdjim7l7.j

My home town from the C-172 view

IMG_20150617_101200109_HDR_zpscy9odujg.j

A short vid from this years promotion in febuary. Here aim flying in what we call the "dog" position, right behind the leader (Nº1) in Aviodev´s C-101 made by our boss and just like the real thing. Still in Beta...

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1v_aYYHk2o

Glad to be part of the Orbx dream!

Good care,

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

MotoDave soon to be off with his Stratocaster, like a fool still playing rock and roll.

motodave.jpg

MotoDave in Vietnam.  I was the LSE on that flight deck (yellow shirt, goggles and everything), waving in Helicopters (probably Sea Kings or Cobra gunships) while on plane guard for the Kitty Hawk et al, c.1968-72.  Some of my flight deck crew wore big heavy rubber gloves with a grounding chain to prevent shock. 

While on the gunline off the VN coast, I was a lowly powder monkey down in the powder magazine way down under the front gun turret.  Probably not a great place for a smoke.  I think it would average about 115-125 degrees Fahrenheit in the powder mag.  6 hours on and 6 hours off, except that you were never off.  Flight deck on call 24/7.  

I used to have many photos of Sea Kings and Cobras and Phantoms in real time operation, but someone lost them for me.  Wish I could have shared them with you.

flightdeck.jpg  Lockwood7aaec.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Helloooow!

This is me, Ben van den Boomen. Simmer in the winter months, aviation photographer during the rest of the year.

I live in the Netherlands, near Gilze-Rijen AB.

Earning money with teaching webdevelopment, photography, audio and video.

1. Me in front of a Belgian Alpha Jet on Beauvechain.

1.jpg

2. This is what I like most; being part of the exercise! One of the low fly zones in The Netherlands.

2.jpg

3. Always keep an eye on the movements when changing position. Hence the safety vest so the air crew is also seeing me. My camera is in the plastic bag. B) 

3.jpg

4. Being interviewed by a TV network about an arriving Antonov 124 on Gilze-Rijen AB.

4.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Good to put a face to the name Ben. Looks like an interesting summer passtime. Dankie. Alles van de beeste. (Hope that's correct, it's been quite a few years since I  learnt Afrikaans at high school in Zimbabwe Rhodesia) :)

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Luiz Gustavo, and i have been a flight simmer since FS5. I am also a real pilot and founder of Brazilian Bonanza Society, a regional for The American Bonanza Society. We have more than 300 members in Brazil, and we gather at least once a year at our home airport in SDJO, my local airport. The airport was built in the 1930's and i decided to take control of it 3 years ago. Since then, the runway was paved and two additional hangars have been built. I fly my beloved 2008 G36 Bonanza Anniversary Edition(my third Bonanza, had two V-tails before it) on weekends with my family and friends. I will post more pictures soon. I hope someday Orbx will have my airport on their list!

13150891.jpg

Bonanza Clube- SJBarra- 10 anos (2).JPG

IMG_7118_tratada Baixa.jpg

IMG_7212_tratada Baixa.jpg

Edited by lgustavo
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

it's time for me to hop on... My name is Thorsten, age of 47, living in the middle of Germany in Rabenau, Hessen in a patchworked family with my beloved wife and our 3 Kids as well as our dog. Working as a sales manager, spending my rare spare time with my family or making music with my friends.

I have started with Flight Simulation on MS 4.0, I got my PPL in 1997 (which is retired meanwhile...) and spent some 500 hours in "the real thing", I migrated early this year from FSX to P3D and this have been the starting point for me to enhance the sim with ORBX sceneries.

Dear ORBX Team, I'm deeply impressed by your work, and I enjoy every single minute flying over your sceneries, since it brings back that lovin feeling, flying over beautiful landscape, and now there is the possibility to do "real" VFR flights which is the best...

I feel that this is a great community and it seems to be funny and interesting to be part of it.

That's it for the moment, always blue skies and happy landings.

Thorsten

Toddi.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! Nice topic here! 

My name is Rafael Carelli, I'm a brazilian from Sao Paulo, and been involved, as many as you, in FS since Fs5.0, and I can assure you that the passion for FS brought me to the point where I am professionally now. I've been in real world aviation since 99, now as a 737NG Captain for 5 years, flown 767 as F/O, and many G.A. acft before. Can't get enough of FS though, I looks like an addiction to me. Main other hobbies are family travelling, playing with my son, and music.

It fells like a family here, I love this community and all the work Orbx along with some other few special developers have been doing for the community!

22012_10204957313469983_4302685026564843315_n.jpg74162_4735805950506_1659022644_n.jpg

Glad to meet you all!

Edited by zazaboeing
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Wow - you guys got some great stories.

My name's Ed and I've been simming as long as it's been around, but never into the detail that so many here are.  I envy your knowledge and skills and I'm very eager to learn more.

Here's me as a green mosquito-wing in '86, sneaking over to get a pic by the Wing Commander's F-16.  I was a lowly Public Affairs scrub, but worked my way up as editor of the base paper, and it was runner up in the '88 TAC Media Contest, and I was '88 Photojournalist of the Year.  I'd like to think I single-handedly won the Cold War for the US, due to my rugged build and prodiguous strength, I'm sure the Russians just threw in the towel when they saw my pic. 

I'd spend my nights in my barrack's room on my Atari 800XL, flying F-15 Strike Eagle, and the venerable MS Flight Simulator... I remember landing and taking off from Meigs Field (Rest in Peace).  I had the coolest book "Flight Simulator Adventures" or something like that, that had a bunch of missions it would outline that you would try and do (landing on Golden Gate Bridge, etc).  That was a blast, and not very easy on that old slide-show flight sim.

Anymore, I'm a 50-yr old Sales Rep for an LED sign manufacturer (contact me if you need any LED signs! Big, small, giant, indoor, outdoor - whatever ya need!) and father of one son, 23, who graduates college tomorrow (Sac State); and one step-daughter who graduated from UC Santa Cruz 2 years ago.

I spend most of my time watching FSX reboot cause my weak PC crashes all the time, but I'm this close (holding fingers 1/2" apart!) to buying a new gaming PC to run it in style!  When I'm not flying in the virtual world, I'm playing basketball with my son and our crew, or playing PS4.

This seems like an awesome community and I'm happy to be part of it.

Ed service.jpg

• 1 month later...

Great thread! I don't have a close-up picture to post but the small one at left says it all. I am 6'2" tall, 230 lbs, 73 years old, handsome as a movie star (Mutant Ninja Turtle), and love planes. I was a university instructor in English for my first ten work years, then returned to school and became a Presbyterian clergyman for my final thirty work years. I discovered flight sim with the 1998 iteration and have been an avid sim flyer ever since. My hobbies are reading, writing, and ORBX flying. I'm happily married to Trudy (41 years), no children, but one "adopted" grandson--a fine young man we met as he entered a local university and who has become our official heir and unofficial window into the millennial generation.

I join with those who have said thanks to fellow Forum members whose work puts them into harm's way for the sake of the rest of us. All respect to you who serve in such capacities. I also say thanks to those whose work is less dangerous but no less valuable. There's a lot to be said for the behind the scenes folks who keep things functioning.

I love this Forum and have developed a real fondness for those who contribute to it. Thanks, all. You make my day. 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 10:22 AM, Chairman7w said:

I'd spend my nights in my barrack's room on my Atari 800XL, flying F-15 Strike Eagle, and the venerable MS Flight Simulator... I remember landing and taking off from Meigs Field (Rest in Peace).  I had the coolest book "Flight Simulator Adventures" or something like that, that had a bunch of missions it would outline that you would try and do (landing on Golden Gate Bridge, etc).  That was a blast, and not very easy on that old slide-show flight sim.

You may not be aware yet, but Orbx has revived the venerable Meigs Field...in all its past glory! Just look for it on the FTX Product page...KCGX Meigs field.

And a hearty welcome to you here. As a career combat Soldier, I have always appreciated the work of the Public Affairs folks who sometimes have to protect us Grunts from our own stupidity :)

• Like 1

• Tim Harris unpinned this topic
  • 5 years later...
13 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Now look into this fantastic old thread and see how many cool guys have not been visiting this forum for too long. I am getting emotional, perhaps better stert the sim for a short flight...

Blimey Gerold - you must have been short of something to do to be able to remember - let alone to find this thread

I couldn't find one for you :D

I couldn't help but notice the entry prior from our old mate Sniper 31

"You may not be aware yet, but Orbx has revived the venerable Meigs Field...in all its past glory! Just look for it on the FTX Product page...KCGX Meigs field.

Oh !! - how time marches on in this field of Flight Simming - because I saw that someone has ressurected Meigs Field recently for MSFS

• Like 1
  • Haha 1