Poor Mr Rollo.

Well then chaps some of you will remember our cat Mr Rollo well last week I found a small lump on his belly which had not been there the day before so off to the vets we went the vet checked him over and the next morning he was in and had the lump about the size of a pee removed.

This was sent off for examination and we brought Mr home he is doing fine then yesterday we took him back to the vets for a check up they had the results off the lump and the lump was cancerous but they have done loads of checks on him and are sure they cut it all out and he is cancer free.

Now on Monday he is booked in the vets for ultra sound and other scans on his colon liver spleen and kidney just to make sure nothing escaped and spread but the vets are sure nothing has so as you can imagine it's been a bad week or so of worry in our house for our Mr Rollo.

cheers 

Iain 

20240421_163929.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

Well Iain I wish Mr Rollo all the very best of luck.

It's never nice having the worry of a pet being ill.

Vets are like people doctors and will do what ever

they can for the best result. Lets hope this story 

turns out with the brightest of news. All the best

to you and family and of coarse Mr Rollo.👍

cheers

Gumby

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

So sorry to hear that Iain about Mr Rollo, I know the feeling went through that a couple of times. I wish Mr Rollo all the best and give him a big hug from me. 😢

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

That's quite a scare Iain!  Hopefully you are all going ok now.  It's great that you were able to find the lump and get him to a vet quick, and that most likely saved his life.  Hoping for a swift recovery for Mr Rollo!  (I love that name BTW).

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

To who posted the HaHa face on my post it's not very nice of you to do this I know who you are as I can see who it was and it upset my Daughter. 

I only hope it was a mistake by you.

Thank you all for your best wishes for Mr Rollo he is running around and jumping and climbing you wouldn't think that last week he had an operation as I say things look good but he is having all the scans as an extra precaution. 

cheers 

Iain 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

20240425_134746.jpg

beautiful little guy Iain, and really sorry to hear about his problem. Stella one of our Bassetts has had three removed and she's still hanging in there. I'm sure he will be fine, give him and your family our love

Don

Edited by Aussieflyer38
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, adambar said:

Gumby I think Mr Rollo is eating something.

Sorry Adam.

I've never seen a human with a green tongue

let alone a cat.:lol: 

I'm afraid your going to have to lift your game a bit Adam.👍🍻

cheers

Gumby

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

To who posted the HaHa face on my post it's not very nice of you to do this I know who you are as I can see who it was and it upset my Daughter. 

I only hope it was a mistake by you.

@Iain Emms I can only apologise for my mistake, I did mean to post the sad face, I recently lost our pet cat and I was totally devasted so I know how close we are to our pets, once again I am really sorry for distress or anger I may have caused you or anyone else....

Edited by wain71
spelling
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

I am so sorry to hear this Iain. I wish Mr Rollo all the best and may the vets find nothing bad on Monday. Please pass on my regards and wishes to Mr Rollo.

PS: he is so cute looking on the second pic you posted. May I ask you, how old he is?

• Like 2

Gumby he was named by Ayiesha become of his markings when he was a kitten he had small dark round circles on him just like the sweets Rollos and she put Mr on him because he is a boy.

In the picture he is eating one of his favourite snacks a lucky lick its like a yogurt with cat grass in it.

cheers 

Iain 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, wolfko said:

I am so sorry to hear this Iain. I wish Mr Rollo all the best and may the vets find nothing bad on Monday. Please pass on my regards and wishes to Mr Rollo.

PS: he is so cute looking on the second pic you posted. May I ask you, how old he is?

He was nine 2 weeks ago.

cheers

Iain 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Iain Emms said:

He was nine 2 weeks ago.

cheers

Iain 

Then he still has many years to come. We once had a cat, who left us at the age of 18.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Gumby he was named by Ayiesha become of his markings when he was a kitten he had small dark round circles on him just like the sweets Rollos and she put Mr on him because he is a boy.

In the picture he is eating one of his favourite snacks a lucky lick its like a yogurt with cat grass in it.

cheers 

Iain 

The Rollo sweet is what I first thought. I think

a round chocolate with caramel inside.

A long time since I had one.👍

cheers

Gumby

• Like 4

8 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Sorry Adam.

I've never seen a human with a green tongue

let alone a cat.:lol: 

I'm afraid your going to have to lift your game a bit Adam.👍🍻

cheers

Gumby

I'm afraid my game isn't going any higher at my age Gumby, just trying to stay stable and able. 😄

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

The Rollo sweet is what I first thought. I think

a round chocolate with caramel inside.

A long time since I had one.👍

cheers

Gumby

You shouold have mentioned that before I came down to meet ya. I would have used my 23 kgs of bag allowance just to help you!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Thank you all for your best wishes for Mr Rollo he is running around and jumping and climbing you wouldn't think that last week he had an operation as I say things look good but he is having all the scans as an extra precaution. 

cheers 

Iain 

Maybe it is true cats have seven lives....

• Like 1

Hi Iain,

Only seeing this now. Well done on getting him to the vet early on and hopefully he will be fine. Those of us with cats totally get your worries and fears for our furry friends. They slide into our lives and take over!  Wishing you and your daughter and especially Mr Rollo all the very best!

John.

• Like 1

Thank you John we spoke to the vet again Friday evening and she is working out a plan for the scans next week for Mr Rollo she again said as it stands he is cancer free so let's hope that's how he stays.

cheers 

Iain 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Thank you John we spoke to the vet again Friday evening and she is working out a plan for the scans next week for Mr Rollo she again said as it stands he is cancer free so let's hope that's how he stays.

cheers 

Iain 

That's great Iain, we're all hoping. Don't you just hate sitting around waiting for results.

• Like 2

I am very sorry to read about Mr. Rollo, but fortunately he has a loving and caring family.
I wish him a speedy recovery and many more wonderful years with you and your daughter.
And of course best wishes to Mr. Rollo from my cat Puppa. :)

Ulrich

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My hopes and prayers are for you and Mr Rollo, Iain.  Modern medicine is wonderful, both for humans and our beloved fur babies, and I hope that Mr Rollo's issue has been found early enough to ensure a complete cure.

Our little Chessie has given us a few scares, but is doing well.  He'll be sixteen next month.  Has slowed down a little, but not much.  We have had a number of kitties over our lifetime, my wife, I, and together.  One sadly died at eleven, all of the others beat twenty, the oldest, almost 25.  So hopefully you'll have Mr Rollo for many more happy years.  But as he enters middle age, like other males in mid-life crisis, he needs a proper sports car to tool around in to impress the chicks.  Maybe a Purrari? Chessie wants one, but it's out of our budget.  

Ken

• Like 1