This Week's Meaningless Topic (#182)(March 1)

Hi all. Several weeks ago when we were discussing favorite Orbx airports, KenQ suggested that we might go even further. More specifically, he suggested that we might highlight our favorite airport cafes. Oh yea! That made me think of the excellent Skyway Cafe at our Felts Field here in Spokane -- great corned beef hash! And thus this week's topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  What airport eating spot(s) would you recommend to a traveling Forum member?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Never been there, but I'd love to go to the Mesa Grill at Sedona Airport (KSEZ).  The view even in the sim (Orbx scenery) is spectacular and I've looked at the menu on line.  I'd choose either the bbq ribs or the pulled pork.  Other choices are interesting too.

In retrospect, A missed opportunity.  Many years ago when my in-laws were snow birds wintering in Mesa, AZ. they treated us to a trip to the Grand Canyon.  We joined a tour group in Scottsdale, and travel north by van to Williams.  Along the way we had brief stops in Prescott, Jerome and Sedona.  We had lunch at a nondescript luncheonette in Sedona.  Oh! If only we had gone up to the airport!  Of course the driver had his itinerary, and that wasn't on it. But the scenery is spectacular from Jerome to Sedona with the red cliffs and rock formations.

After lunch we went up to Williams where we got the steam train to Bright Angel at the Canyon.

So far the one airport restaurant I've recently visited is Paula's Airport Cafe in Poughkeepsie.  Only stopped for a snack, but it was very nice.

An old favorite, now defunct, was the 56th Fighter Squadron Restaurant at Farmingdale Republic (KFRG).  The theme was a WW2 Officers' Club in Europe.  Good basic food.

Ken

Edited by Ken Q
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, boetie said:

March 1st Rodger? No leap year for you ? :)

TWMT "date line" is Friday, even though Rodge gets a jump on by releasing it a day (or two) early. Today is Thursday, February 29, and tomorrow is Friday, March 1 here in the Western Hemisphere.

Ken

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't really say any. Every airport has Maccas.

And after SHOUTING  Gerold dinner on Wednesday night' I

probably will never have the chance to recommend in the Future. :lol:

Was a good night though Gerold.👍

cheers

Gumby

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Just now, gumbypickett said:

cheers

Gumby

Careful Gumby, you'll be shouting every forum member who visits Tassie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, boetie said:

Careful Gumby, you'll be shouting every forum member who visits Tassie. 

No probs there Graeme so long as I have a years notice

so I can save some coin with me shaking my tin in the mall.😁

cheers

Gumby

• Haha 5

Not good for me  to make a recommendation  for fellow travelling forum Members, because  if you are like me I loose my dental prothesis every so often. So I am looking for a "Mash and Peas " take away!

• Haha 6

23 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Air New Zealand Lounge, Nelson.

12 03 Blackberry.jpeg

nice one Gerold that's my plate sorted, not sure what you're having though....because we have to be at airports at stupidly early hours for short hops into Europe I tend to just have a breakfast and a brew or a pint......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Peter Chu's Sky Room at Redding CA  KRDD serves up a good meal and has a great elevated view of the runways.

image.jpeg.4edfb0af19b4de9a0ba5937e8e912964.jpeg

Rob, after seeing your mouth-watering photo, I checked out the Peter Chu menu. Wow! Good prices and great selection. I can see why you like it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Peter Chu's Sky Room at Redding CA  KRDD serves up a good meal and has a great elevated view of the runways.

That sounds and looks good Rob!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Oh my word Rob that looks so tasty, worth going into there just for a meal...

• Like 2

On 3/1/2024 at 8:51 AM, gumbypickett said:

cheers

Gumby

Oh yes it was. And prove will be posted after my return home!

• Like 5

Nearly missed this one.

About a mile from me we have the Touchdown Cafe at Perth airport so I'm going with that!

Not much to look at from the outside but a friendly spot which does good food :)

All the best,

John

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

As always, I am a bit late to the party.😉

I recommend the "Airbräu" at Munich airport (EDDM). A typical Bavarian craft brewery, located at the edge of terminal 1, right at the plaza between terminals 1 snd 2. It even features an al fresco "Biergarten", that's a typical Bavarian eating and beer drinking area (hint, hint @flyingleaf 😜) on the plaza.

Good meals and drinks, friendly service, nice atmosphere.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/29/2024 at 10:02 PM, Stillwater said:

Air New Zealand Lounge, Nelson.

12 03 Blackberry.jpeg

The Kiwi lounges know how to guilt you! Endulgeant dessert but a healthy salad right next door to remind you of healthy eating!

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, boetie said:

The Kiwi lounges know how to guilt you! Endulgeant dessert but a healthy salad right next door to remind you of healthy eating!

my brain doesn't see salad, just big slices of cake, I honestly believe I could live off cakes and biscuits....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, wolfko said:

As always, I am a bit late to the party.😉

I recommend the "Airbräu" at Munich airport (EDDM). A typical Bavarian craft brewery, located at the edge of terminal 1, right at the plaza between terminals 1 snd 2. It even features an al fresco "Biergarten", that's a typical Bavarian eating and beer drinking area (hint, hint @flyingleaf 😜) on the plaza.

Good meals and drinks, friendly service, nice atmosphere.

Indeed a nice place, but landside, as far as I remember?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, boetie said:

Oh, there is a salad? Did not realize…

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Indeed a nice place, but landside, as far as I remember?

It is within terminal 1 so neither landside nor airside. It is not in the transit area though, if you are referring to this, but I don't think this was a requirement.

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, wolfko said:

It is within terminal 1 so neither landside nor airside. It is not in the transit area though, if you are referring to this, but I don't think this was a requirement.

I am currently flying to Munich, but with only 50 minutes changeover time I will not take the risk to leave the security area. I must get my hydration elsewhere…

• Like 3
  • Sad 2