This Week's Meaningless Topic

Hi all. Let's start this week with a heartfelt thanks to the Orbx forum administrators and Moderator Nick Cooper for their generous support of this thread. They've allowed us to gather in the Neil Hill Memorial Lounge each week to hoist a few and natter on. Very good of them. And also thanks to all who have been part of the gathering each week. We've done the weekly topic for about a year and three-quarters now, with a number of good folks participating regularly. The entries have been interesting, fun, funny, and sometimes very moving. Much appreciated.

Now to this week's topic.

When I was a boy, my dad gave me a small two-blade pocket knife, saying that no man should be without one. Over the years, I've always had a pocket knife, the design changing to fit my age and needs. Currently, I alternate between a two-inch two-blade/scissors Swiss Army knife and a two-inch multitool mini-Leatherman. Which brings us to this week's topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  what pocket tool do you not leave home without?

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I always have a 2-3 inch blade, folding knife on me as well. When I was still an active duty Infantryman, it was always a Leatherman tool, as that came in very useful for thousands of 'things'. But now, I am not conducting mission's anymore, so a basic folding knife works just fine ;) 

Landon

Edited by Sniper31
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

The soft tools in my pants God gave me in "her" infinite "Wisdom".:unsure: Oh yeah and a bottle opener.:P:DCheers k. Beers I need beers.:lol:

Oh jeez, let's not divert into beer again. I'm going to have to declare this a dry state. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, boetie said:

It's gotta be my mobile/cell phone. I used to cope without one before they were common. I don't know why I have to have it where ever I go?

Cheers

Graeme :)

That's the same for me Graeme.

I never thought some years ago, that I would depend upon it.

My kids were right. That's the other tool I never leave home without.;)

cheers

Gumby

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, John Heaton said:

My wallet - no Cash -just 3 credit cards - tools to open a cash dispenser - if I need cash - these days

Same with me john, except I will have to add my cell phone (wife gets very mad at me if she calls it and I do not answer :angry:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I gotta probably say my phone, though I wish we weren't so reliant on them....satnav, emails, bank apps, booking apps, oh also text and phone calls, whatever next....I did enjoy life when we never had them though and didn't get texts are pointless calls- you know when someone meeting you at 10 says 'they'll be there in 15 minutes' at 0945-yeah that's the plan.....

• Like 2

I always take my wallet and mobile 'phone for emergencies only.  Never had to use it thankfully.    My wife uses her's quite a bit but only to call for taxis.  W2DR - You would be arrested in Britain mate.  We never need to carry guns here.  We have little crime and no dangerous animals.  If it wasn't for the unpredictable weather it would be a wonderful Country to live in!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1