Get Well Ken Q

Ugh, no laughing matter...I've had cellulitis on more then one occasion and it sucks. Get well Ken and stay, it's definitely beatable especially with a positive attitude ;)

Best regards,

Landon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gentlemen,

Thank you all very much.  I greatly appreciate your best wishes and prayers.  I am responding well to the antibiotics, which is, of course, the danger of cellulitis; so many resistant bacteria out there that do not.  Feeling better and moving better, and pain greatly reduced.

Again, thanks so much for your expression of concern.

Ken

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Ken Q said:

Gentlemen,

Thank you all very much.  I greatly appreciate your best wishes and prayers.  I am responding well to the antibiotics, which is, of course, the danger of cellulitis; so many resistant bacteria out there that do not.  Feeling better and moving better, and pain greatly reduced.

Again, thanks so much for your expression of concern.

Ken

That is good to hear Ken :) Hope you continue to improve!

Cheers!

Landon

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2021 at 4:50 AM, John York said:

Don't know what it is Ken but glad to hear you're health is improving.

John, Cellulitis is an acute skin infection, usually hitting the lower legs.  Problem is it can spread to other parts of the body, and thends to be causes by antibiotic-resistant bacteria.  Injuries and surgeries can leave one somewhat predisposed to these.  In my case, the infection affected the knee replacement, filling the joint with fluid, causing swelling, intense pain and inflexibility   If the infection had actually gotten into the joint antibiotics probably couldn't reach it an surgery would have been required.  My wife had the same issue several weeks ago, but hers had just started to spread to the blood stream (sepsis).  Caught early, and reacting well to antibiotics she was fine in a couple of days, but sepsis is extremely serious, often resisting treatment causing serious illness, amputated limbs, and sometimes dearth.  Cellulitis must be taken seriously.

On 10/3/2021 at 12:57 PM, Rodger Pettichord said:

That homebuilt cockpit is waiting. Hope you're home soon.

Here's a picture of what Rodger is referring to:

SDC11579.JPG

• Like 3

Hello EVERYONE, and thank you all so much for you encouragement, concern and prayers.

I am home from the hospital and very much on the mend.  I still have a ways to go, and a ten day course of anitbiotics, but the pain is mostly gone, and mobility is returning.

Lessons to be learned:  

1. (And why I shared my situation on this Old-Coots Forum in the first place)  In many cases, as bad as our health situation may be at a time, be grateful it's not worse, as the condition of my poor roommate taught me.

2.  If your body tells you sometime might be wrong, pay attention and get it seen to.  Don't ignore it.

Again, Thank You All!

Ken

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2