The Orbx Community Discord is live now!

Orbx

We are proud to launch the Orbx Community Discord server! 

Our Discord server is a great place to interact with other like-minded members of the community, as well as having informal (and perhaps off-the-record!) chats with our team. We have created a few channels for showing off your great screenshots, as well as joining in on some group flights. There are some Discord-exclusive events and competitions planned too - stay tuned!

This is another community channel in addition to our forum. We’d love for you all to join. Rest assured, the forum isn’t going anywhere.

Join today: https://orbx.to/discord

• Like 5

• Orbx pinned this topic

Somehow to me, setting up a Discord page, changing the logo, etc. appear to be detracting from the purpose of Orbx -- developing scenery for the sims it supports.  I know doing MSFS stuff is easier than P3d and XP, but the company seems to be paying more attention to corparatism than its core business.  YMMV.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Doc_Z said:

Somehow to me, setting up a Discord page, changing the logo, etc. appear to be detracting from the purpose of Orbx -- developing scenery for the sims it supports.  I know doing MSFS stuff is easier than P3d and XP, but the company seems to be paying more attention to corparatism than its core business.  YMMV.

Orbx has no doubt grown since it's inception and it's grown big enough to have a commercial team, of which they will be the ones setting up a discord, changing the logo etc, not the developers, every company will/have changed their logo in there life span, just like in the late noughties most companies set up a social media presence on twitter and facebook, the time has now come from discord. If Orbx wasn't releasing software or replying to support (which they're doing both) I would agree. I don't get why people have issues with companies doing normal company things especially when they're not detracting from their core business...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, olderndirt said:

Clicked on and was told 'invalid invite' - are they trying to tell me something? 

I had that on the first try too.  What I did was to open the Discord app (program) on my PC, and then clicked on that link which gave me the invite code in the address bar at the top.  I think you may have to just be signed in to Discord when you click on that invite link.  Discord is available as a website on your browser, or there is also program on your PC, which will probably be required if you ever want to use the chat/voice functions.  Discord is great for multiplayer or group flights, as you simply set up your microphone/headset in Discord, and then it is just a matter of clicking once on the relevant voice channel when you want to chat on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, olderndirt said:

Clicked on and was told 'invalid invite' - are they trying to tell me something? 

Same here!  I'm in good company then olderndirt.  ^_^

Edit

Seems a logout/login to Discord sorted the Invalid Invite error.  Looks promising!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can fly  a Dash 400, or so I think, I can ride a bicycle without training wheels,  I can start a car with a screw driver, I can start a fire without matches, I can start an argument without saying a word, but I cannot start using Orbx discord. I received the following messages. My invite is not valid, I am not authorised to... I had too many attempts etc. etc

Nothing harmonious about this Orbx invite, but then, doesn't discord mean a lack of harmony

Edited by YAMBA1
added items

5 hours ago, YAMBA1 said:

I can fly  a Dash 400, or so I think, I can ride a bicycle without training wheels,  I can start a car with a screw driver, I can start a fire without matches, I can start an argument without saying a word, but I cannot start using Orbx discord. I received the following messages. My invite is not valid, I am not authorised to... I had too many attempts etc. etc

Nothing harmonious about this Orbx invite, but then, doesn't discord mean a lack of harmony

I have always had issues with the Discord website and the Discord program not communicating very well.  My suggestion is to download and install the Discord program/app on your PC, then create an acount if you don't have one, sign in, and then at the bottom left of the page choose "Add a server", which is the big "+" symbol.  Then copy and past the invite code in this thread and you should be set.  This is the best way (for me) to add any server (ie join any Discord group).

X9kmrEt.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

#Scott Harmes   Great suggestion.  That works if you have the invite code.  I've done it that way before as well.

However, access referenced in the first post to " https://Orbx.to/discord" does not work for me with any browser.  All I get is:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to Orbx.to. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

The connection was reset.

Try:

Maybe that link is expired?

• 7 months later...