Australia Arrives for MSFS: Introducing Cityscape Sydney!

46 minutes ago, orbmoke said:

Well it is really - you're paying extra for something that should have been there in the first place!

No, you have to see it the other way around. Had the bridge already been included in MSFS, you would have been paying twice for it, when buying the cityscene.;)

And if purchasing the cityscene  you are not paying only for a bridge but for an enormous scenery package. Nobody will be buying Cityscape Sydney just for the bridge.

• Like 3

'Had the bridge already been included in MSFS, you would have been paying twice for it, when buying the cityscene'

No, because if the bridge was already included, then Orbx would not have included it in their package. They didn't include the opera house as that was already there.

I just think the release of MSFS has been rushed to get it out into the market. Maybe they should have waited a year or two before they released it in order to correct any scenery anomolies that are quite clearly there from the start. That way, it wouldn't be necessary to pay extra for what should have been there in the first place!

5 hours ago, orbmoke said:

I just think the release of MSFS has been rushed to get it out into the market. Maybe they should have waited a year or two before they released it in order to correct any scenery anomolies that are quite clearly there from the start. That way, it wouldn't be necessary to pay extra for what should have been there in the first place!

It's not really necessary though I guess. There's nothing stopping you from waiting until Asobo get around to updating certain parts of the world like they're currently doing with Japan. There's also nothing really stopping you from not purchasing it for a year or 2. I'm happy they chose to release it when they did, I can look past Sydney, etc being how it is because the rest of the sim is amazing. 

• Like 6

Mostly very good indeed. But what about this bridge??.
Are the CBD buildings modelled on the current actual structures, or has someone put in what they think looks good?.
What has been done for the outback townships/settlements? What sorts of double-story city buildings have replaced there with what is actually in these places?.

Sydney Bridge very wrong.jpg

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Noel B. said:

Are the CBD buildings modelled on the current actual structures, or has someone put in what they think looks good?.
What has been done for the outback townships/settlements? What sorts of double-story city buildings have replaced there with what is actually in these places?.

Sydney Bridge very wrong.jpg

Isn't that the ANZAC bridge? What's the issue?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ParaMan said:

Isn't that the ANZAC bridge? What's the issue?

Yep... That's the ANZAC Bridge and it looks exactly as it should and is exactly where it spans. The Harbour Bridge is in the back ground. Obviously this is a photo from Black Wattle Bay.

Anzac_Bridge_and_Sydney_harbour_Bridge_from_Glebe_Point.jpg

Edited by Crusher
  • Like 2

I think what he means is ... it looks a bit like its spanning land possibly on a shore, but looking at it again, its probably a shadow of the bridge on the water underneath he saw and I first thought too?

Regardless, I'll be buying this, it all looks great.

Speaking of Bankstown, I'm guessing this scenery probably wouldn't extend to there.  Having not (yet) bought it myself, how does the new MSFS compare to the OzX Bankstown scenery?  Are there plans to eventually create a detailed Bankstown airport?

It might not extend all the way but the Olympic Park precinct would be a good one for them to include. Hopefully they have done at least part of that and maybe some parts of Parramatta, but none of it is included in their screenshots so who knows.

WHEN? can you not release the alpha/beta now hehehe and saves us from this sad life of google map assets , Please ;)  and maybe somehow you can port Australia V2

and if you need help with the lighting and some of my lighting designs, I suppose all you have to do is ask ;) 

Edited by ianlighting

On 10/2/2020 at 8:40 AM, AttilaS said:

Speaking of Bankstown, I'm guessing this scenery probably wouldn't extend to there.  Having not (yet) bought it myself, how does the new MSFS compare to the OzX Bankstown scenery?  Are there plans to eventually create a detailed Bankstown airport?

Bankstown and Camden would be great individual airport expansions!

2 hours ago, andy.brownhill said:

Just purchased this and each time I take off from Sydney the game crashes, did a test flight elsewhere and it was fine, lowered options to high end from ultra, still crashes the game.

Did you previously install any sceneries for the Sydney area?  I suspect any duplicate files for the same scenery area might crash MSFS.  None of the beta team ever suffered any crashes or poor performance.

Amazing!

I spotted where the ABC is on Harris St using the drone camera-even though the building is more of a generic model and not a custom one and the Harbour Bridge modelling is so stunning-unreal!

Impressed by the improvements to night lighting-especially to the Opera House.

Looks amazing !!!

Just wondering ,when can we see proper roads and moving vehicles on roads and bridges with their headlights /tail lights visible from above during night time?? 

This feature implementation will bring life to this beautiful scenery and really make this look as realistic as possible.

1 hour ago, John Dow said:

Did you previously install any sceneries for the Sydney area?  I suspect any duplicate files for the same scenery area might crash MSFS.  None of the beta team ever suffered any crashes or poor performance.

Hi. No this was the first add on that I have purchased. As seen it today. Tried it on ultra then high and still crashed. I’ve uninstalled it and flew over Sydney with no problems.  

I’ll try a re-install to see if that works. 

On 9/29/2020 at 2:08 PM, Noel B. said:

The only place there's outback in Sydney is in "Mission Impossible 2" with that danged car chase!

• Like 1

No, the ferries are there hehehe :) Color scheme on the bridge is a little out as it is 5000k as a rule of thumb on the suspension struts with 2700k for the supporting towers and same again with the Opera House. Original design intent 4000k on the sails and 3500k on the lamp posts. 

Sydney Harbour.jpg

Edited by ianlighting

On 10/9/2020 at 12:30 PM, andy.brownhill said:

Just purchased this and each time I take off from Sydney the game crashes, did a test flight elsewhere and it was fine, lowered options to high end from ultra, still crashes the game.

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, I reinstalled and verified the scenery and there are no problems in Orbx Central but as soon I startup the sim at Sydney the sim crashed. 

Just purchased :) And will gladly buy it again if it comes for p3d! In fact it is the one product that I think is still missing for that sim.

Not sure if I will get to fly tonight but I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I get some time.

• Upvote 1

Just purchased today and installed. LOVE it! I'm seeing stuff that I didn't expect to see. Very well done. Now Sydney looks like Sydney. Looking forward to an better rendition of the "hand crafted" airport (YSSY).

Hi Orbx!

I am, as many others are, happy that you have taken time out of your last nine months to make the Sydney scenery package. I think you have done an amazing job with it, however, I have found some problems with the current package. I hope you can fix some of these issues to make the scenery even closer to perfect. 

First off, the “Greenland Centre” in Downtown, is a block south of its actual position in real life. It should be on Bathurst street rather than Liverpool street.

Secondly the building that lights up blue at night with the absurdly large spire is too tall. the roof height, sail and spire are much higher than they are in real life.

Thirdly, Parramatta has been mostly forgotten in this scenery package despite it being talked about in the announcement of the package. Most of the buildings are completely missing.

Parramatta in the game

2757F28E-5BD7-4474-B2B0-E5B5EA93B49A.jpeg.38995075c74b050936bc60252aa7172c.jpeg

Parramatta in real life

7FD33B84-BCCE-43DC-8C49-FB45D547AE6A.jpeg.b2e793a91279e045f349b83a9e288cbf.jpeg

Only a couple of buildings are there, most of the tall buildings are missing.

I hope you can fix these issues to make the scenery package closer to perfect. Thank you.

• Like 1

Ps to anyone on here who thought my comments were complaints, they are not, but I rather Orbx were close to the current Lighting schemes to help them with what myself and others did for each site ;) 

I  don't know, I think Mike Hill and the gang are doing a pretty job in Sydney for Sydney hehehe !

:) 

Edited by ianlighting

17 hours ago, ruudmeij said:

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, I reinstalled and verified the scenery and there are no problems in Orbx Central but as soon I startup the sim at Sydney the sim crashed. 

I probably found the cause of the crashes from this scenery, it uses to manny vram for a Geforce 1060GTX 6gb card, I hope that Orbx can get the vram use down with a patch or something because as of now it's sadly a no-go for this scenery for me. The London cityscape works without a problem on my system.