Australia Arrives for MSFS: Introducing Cityscape Sydney!

Just wanted to add - that penultimate shot (the girder work from inside the bridge) is un-(word probably wouldn't be allowed <grin>)-believable. I could happily live with that blown up 20 feet wide and filling a wall. Never seen anything quite like it in a sim.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mrd0ct0r said:

Oh man that's awesome, once this sim gets some good aircraft - dam!

Interesting observation.  I've been testing all the aircraft and I'm finding the modelling is incredibly good for default planes.  There are things that don't work in some of them sure, but the flight models and the look and feel in the cockpit is pretty damn good.  I put the C172 on a par with the X Plane 11 model which is pretty darn good.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, John Dow said:

Interesting observation.  I've been testing all the aircraft and I'm finding the modelling is incredibly good for default planes.  There are things that don't work in some of them sure, but the flight models and the look and feel in the cockpit is pretty damn good.  I put the C172 on a par with the X Plane 11 model which is pretty darn good.

+1

3 minutes ago, John Dow said:

Yeah I agree. I wasn't super specific but was referring more towards stuff like the NG3. Needless to say, my FSEconomy flights are bliss in MFS.

Best news since I threw up my lunch :D:D

This will be an instant buy for me!! I only hope that Frank and the talented Orbx team have also people with less than monstrous PC hardware in mind, so we can handle all these details without having to live with a slide show, when we fly over Sydney :(

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bernd1151 said:

Best news since I threw up my lunch :D:D

:lol::lol:

1 hour ago, bernd1151 said:

This will be an instant buy for me!! I only hope that Frank and the talented Orbx team have also people with less than monstrous PC hardware in mind, so we can handle all these details without having to live with a slide show, when we fly over Sydney

Yes, I hope so too.

• Like 1

Well, this is a stunner!

Superb craftsmanship.

Being 9 months + in development, it obviously has MS/Asobo consent.

Perhaps Orbx could list all the other Cityscapes in the pipeline so that I can do some calculations to assess the size of the overdraft I need to apply for?:)

I recall from my 1st visit to Sydney that crossing their suburban roads was an exercise in sprinting self preservation.

Whereas in NZ the suburban speed limit was 30 mph, Sydney preferred 50 mph, & they drove up to & beyond that.:)

Out of curiosity, will the highly detailed Harbor Bridge include moving vehicles??

TTM

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Wow, that looks spectacular!

If I could have picked just one product for Orbx to do, this would have been it.

While I fly all sorts of places around the world in the sim, I do find myself flying into/out of my home airport quite a bit. This is going to make that look sooo much better!

Can't wait :)

• Like 1