Australia Arrives for MSFS: Introducing Cityscape Sydney!

16 minutes ago, riverreveal said:

Crazy how many amazing products have been announced over the last few days. 

Just keeps getting better!

It's almost like Orbx was working on them long before August 18th ..............B);):D

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, BradB said:

It's almost like Orbx was working on them long before August 18th ..............B);):D

Yes exactly. Orbx says in the introductory post of this topic "Over nine months in development, Cityscape Sydney is an enormous project that pushes the boundaries of what is possible with the current MSFS SDK. "

So Asobo knew they did not have to bother about a Harbour Bridge. ;)

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, wolfko said:

So Asobo knew they did not have to bother about a Harbour Bridge. ;)

When we were alpha testing MSFS, we of course noticed that the bridge was missing, which was somewhat odd, as the Opera House was well modeled. We never got an answer from the development team, until someone from Sydney speculated that the city government had managed to have the bridge patent protected. No idea, whether this is true, but if it would be true, Asobo/MS would have to ask the city government for permission to model it into the sim, hence they didn't bother.

On the other hand, if the Harbour Bridge is protected, the iconic Opera House must be patent protected too, but this one looks great in default. Oh well, just speculating. It's not really important anymore, I guess ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

... someone from Sydney speculated that the city government had managed to have the bridge patent protected. No idea, whether this is true, but if it would be true, Asobo/MS would have to ask the city government for permission to model it into the sim, hence they didn't bother.

That's really interesting and misterious. But isn't the Harbour Bridge modelled in other sims? So it should be possible to get a permission. But I like the idea that this was the reason for not modelling the bridge.

• Like 1

'Something, something, was waiting for this in P3D, something, something...'

It looks great. Thanks for listening to customer feedback with regards to the 'hero assets'.
I look forward to adding this and the "several major Australian projects" to my MSFS in future.

(Still would love to see this come to P3D before the quality payware airliners make their appearance in MSFS).

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

When we were alpha testing MSFS, we of course noticed that the bridge was missing, which was somewhat odd, as the Opera House was well modeled. We never got an answer from the development team, until someone from Sydney speculated that the city government had managed to have the bridge patent protected. No idea, whether this is true, but if it would be true, Asobo/MS would have to ask the city government for permission to model it into the sim, hence they didn't bother.

On the other hand, if the Harbour Bridge is protected, the iconic Opera House must be patent protected too, but this one looks great in default. Oh well, just speculating. It's not really important anymore, I guess ;)

I think "speculated" is the operative word here. ;)

• Like 1

"Acclaimed developer Frank Schnibben (Cityscape Honolulu, Melbourne Cityscape for AUv2)"

I just realized I bought both of these for P3D, the sim of the dark age, and they were superb. I'm willing to support the developer again but a question to those at Orbx who make decisions: do you have plans to do something like this but for the whole of Liverpool, England, UK, the airport EGGP and its immediate surrounding area?

• Like 1

I have been away from Flight Simulation for a number of years!  Looking at all this amazing content I need to get back into it!

This quality from Orbx has always been there but this looks amazing.  

I don't want to step over the line but Orbx used to put out videos of upcoming products.  Is there one planned for this?  Would love to see this in motion.

In the meantime......I need to spend some money on a new Rig!

Cheers

• Like 1

I only sent a message to Nick last week suggesting a Sydney Landmarks add-on, and wow,  this is brilliant! I live in Sydney and I'm very excited about this add-on.  You guys are amazing! Can't wait for Melbourne and future Australian add-ons.

Edited by jasonr71
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bedgie said:

Ok whats next? Melbourne...(nudge nudge wink wink) then Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth

Can we add Honolulu too? :D

A bit far but I know :P but also an urgent improvement needed and as it has been made already it could be ported..maybe

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 9/18/2020 at 5:26 PM, wolfko said:

There are 2 different teams working on these 2 cities.

I certainly hope London gets a little upgrade :). This is clearly a step up from the London scenery and it would be a shame that we don't have a HD pack for example. Great work on Sydney citiscape and just think of all the cites in the world that could do with this level of detail. Orbx certainly have enough work to do and you'll know they'll do it because as I've found out in London MSFS is by far the best showcase for these cities in any Flight simulator. Magical stuff Orbx.

• Like 1

Just now, b-xx said:

Ok thanks, is there a date? I don't see any information other than this forum post. Cheers.

You are seeing the exact same information we are all seeing. But in general when things get announced by Orbx they get released shortly afterwards. Exact dates are never given for good reasons ;)

• Like 1