Australia Arrives for MSFS: Introducing Cityscape Sydney!

Looks great. But why can't I buy this in Marketplace on the sim?

This would be better for the customer plus also ensure compatibility with the sim to avoid the app crashing as has been reported a few times on this thread.  

Edited by orbxsydney
update

On 10/11/2020 at 7:40 AM, DeOnlyR said:

the “Greenland Centre” in Downtown, is a block south of its actual position in real life. It should be on Bathurst street rather than Liverpool street

Thank you very much for pointing this out! You are absolutely right (also re RBS Tower - must have slipped through). This will be fixed in a patch, of course.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 4:40 PM, DeOnlyR said:

Hi Orbx!

I am, as many others are, happy that you have taken time out of your last nine months to make the Sydney scenery package. I think you have done an amazing job with it, however, I have found some problems with the current package. I hope you can fix some of these issues to make the scenery even closer to perfect. 

First off, the “Greenland Centre” in Downtown, is a block south of its actual position in real life. It should be on Bathurst street rather than Liverpool street.

Secondly the building that lights up blue at night with the absurdly large spire is too tall. the roof height, sail and spire are much higher than they are in real life.

Thirdly, Parramatta has been mostly forgotten in this scenery package despite it being talked about in the announcement of the package. Most of the buildings are completely missing.

Parramatta in the game

2757F28E-5BD7-4474-B2B0-E5B5EA93B49A.jpeg.38995075c74b050936bc60252aa7172c.jpeg

Parramatta in real life

7FD33B84-BCCE-43DC-8C49-FB45D547AE6A.jpeg.b2e793a91279e045f349b83a9e288cbf.jpeg

Only a couple of buildings are there, most of the tall buildings are missing.

I hope you can fix these issues to make the scenery package closer to perfect. Thank you.

Agree with you regarding Parramatta.It looks nothing like in real life.So many buildings are missing.Also BankWest Stadium has been neglected.Hoping this can be addressed in a future patch 

• Like 2

This is one of the buildings missing in Parramatta currently.Altitude West Tower (currently the tallest building in Parramatta) 

Would be great if this could be included in a future patch.

Also I have included a photo of BankWest Stadium which is also missing.

These would be great additions to the 2nd biggest city in Sydney.

• image.thumb.jpeg.3355496002fb41c2aedc04cda53823b0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4a2bf88d7a45220c475a12478b4bb110.jpeg

Edited by Paul Ozzman
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Yowza5891 said:

I seem to be having some terrain issues :o I tried to sync the simulator via Orbx app to no avail. Any ideas how to fix?

Screenshot (17).jpg

You probably have Bing Data set to off. Please read this post:

Loaded Cityscape Sydney, took off from YSSY and < 1 minute = CTD

Google and end up here.

Uninstall, Delete RCF (turn it back on),Turn Bing Data=ON (Is it OFF by default?), Install Cityscape Sydney.

All Good but need a GA that is slower than Cessna 172 to enjoy

9 hours ago, megsmith said:

Loaded Cityscape Sydney, took off from YSSY and < 1 minute = CTD

Google and end up here.

Uninstall, Delete RCF (turn it back on),Turn Bing Data=ON (Is it OFF by default?), Install Cityscape Sydney.

All Good but need a GA that is slower than Cessna 172 to enjoy

Try Zlin Shock Ultra, great plane.

2 hours ago, PiotrMKG said:

Try Zlin Shock Ultra, great plane.

+ 1

I also like the default Cessna 152 and the Zlin Savage Cub very much for low and slow.

Edited by wolfko

• Ed Correia unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, rssluca said:

Would like to know as well about marketplace availability. 

With regards to Sydney, there has been the technical limitation with one of the files due to its size. Playfab cannot handle files larger than 4GB and the Sydney ortho file size is larger. 
We do have a proposed solution whereby we have this ortho file distributed by Orbx Central for MS customers. 

Thank you for the update, but for the non technical (like me), do you have an estimate please of when it will be available in Marketplace to purchase and download?

The Sydney Citiscape looks amazing, and am sure it will be a worldwide hit when available

Thanks but I will wait for it to be available in Marketplace. I did go to OrbxDirect, I think it says to install and manage a seperate program called "Central", and the online user guide 4.1.23 does not seem to mentiom MSFS at all, guide says following sims are supported.  But I might have not understood this very well.

Simulator

Windows

FSX

Yes

Prepar3D

Yes

Aerofly FS 2

Yes

X-Plane

Yes

7 hours ago, yosydney said:

Thanks but I will wait for it to be available in Marketplace. I did go to OrbxDirect, I think it says to install and manage a seperate program called "Central", and the online user guide 4.1.23 does not seem to mentiom MSFS at all, guide says following sims are supported.  But I might have not understood this very well.

Simulator

Windows

FSX

Yes

Prepar3D

Yes

Aerofly FS 2

Yes

X-Plane

Yes

Quite possible the guide has missed an update to reflect this.  Fear not, Central is a great program, best thing since sliced bread for product management.  The only issue some people have is the separation between Marketplace and Orbx Direct products not being visible in one place.  If that will worry you then stick with Marketplace, if not download Central and get the product!

• Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 9:51 AM, yosydney said:

Thank you for the update, but for the non technical (like me), do you have an estimate please of when it will be available in Marketplace to purchase and download?

Yeah it's been 6 weeks now LOL. Sydney was released on the 8th of October. Not sure Orbx can do anything - they confirmed the files was submitted to Microsoft on the 12th October. I'm going to propose this to MS in there next Dev Q and A.

I really don't know whats going on there, Dundee which looks fantastic by the way! was released by Orbx on the 14th of November and in less than a week it's on the Microsoft Marketplace (anounced today).

Edited by dtrjones
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. I purchased Landmark London City Pack through Marketplace and the installation worked seamlessly.

For Cityscape Sydney, please what is the latest with a release date on Marketplace? 

Edited by yosydney
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 8:51 AM, yosydney said:

Thank you. I purchased Landmark London City Pack through Marketplace and the installation worked seamlessly.

Regarding Landmark London City, I noticed the release notes for 1.1.0 has been released on the Marketplace but the product itself is still at 1.0.1 because the sim needs updating - which I've tried to do to no avail. I have no idea what's going on, hopefully somebody will sort it.

• 3 weeks later...