NZMF updated for P3Dv5

I'm delighted to see that the "The Crown Jewel" of Milford Sound has been updated to v5. I managed to grab these shots before becoming disenchanted with v5 altogether (!):

We have waterworks again!

p3dv5-c172-nzmf-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

And now ... featuring the amazing Avro 621:

p3dv5-bulldog-nzmf-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

p3dv5-bulldog-nzmf-02-1350.jpg?dl=1

p3dv5-bulldog-nzmf-03-1350.jpg?dl=1

I think we all know where this one is!

p3dv5-bulldog-nzmf-04-1350.jpg?dl=1

Adam.

36 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent images and striking colours on your plane, one of yours?

Only the C172 (ZK-TAS - part of the Ardmore fleet). I think there are quite a few liveries around for that excellent freeware Avro.

2 minutes ago, Kev D said:

Nice ones, Adam.  Don’t get disenchanted......I feel the same after coughing up US $199 !  I’m relying on you to get the colours right!!

I must admit that without PTA or Tomatoshade, I'm really struggling. IMHO the whole lighting model is weird, to be honest.

Thanks for the comments, gents!

Jack, I think v5 is really a huge step forward with truesky. Over time problems will be overcome. Any new sim has some hickups that eventually are fixed. v4.5 with hotfixes has been great too, though 4.0 or 3.0 not as much. 

22 minutes ago, BrianV said:

Jack, I think v5 is really a huge step forward with truesky. Over time problems will be overcome. Any new sim has some hickups that eventually are fixed. v4.5 with hotfixes has been great too, though 4.0 or 3.0 not as much. 

It looks nice with EA on but I'm hesitant to use it because it flickers so much, and I'm gun shy when I see "beta" like the FSX DX10 preview.

And I've had way too many CTD's as well as an Event Viewer crash log every single time I close the new sim, even with no CTD's it still gives an Event Viewer app crash log.  Lockheed Martin had not even shown the slightest interest in my post about it.  

I stopped adding all my Orbx stuff and stopped using it.  To me it's almost criminal what LM did, they took my money for, in my opinion, a lousy pre-alpha.

I'll gladly go back to it after it leaves "beta."

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

It looks nice with EA on but I'm hesitant to use it because it flickers so much, and I'm gun shy when I see "beta" like the FSX DX10 preview.

And I've had way too many CTD's as well as an Event Viewer crash log every single time I close the new sim, even with no CTD's it still gives an Event Viewer app crash log.  Lockheed Martin had not even shown the slightest interest in my post about it.  

I stopped adding all my Orbx stuff and stopped using it.  To me it's almost criminal what LM did, they took my money for, in my opinion, a lousy pre-alpha.

I'll gladly go back to it after it leaves "beta."

Well I've ditched v5 until the trees stop smoking, the airfields stop flashing, the hills don't look like The Stairway to Heaven, & the CTD's stop.

& the conifers don't look like telephone poles spray painted in dark green with 1/2 a tree glued onto 1 side (shot #3, LHS).

I'll have another look around HF24

TTM

46 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Well I've ditched v5 until the trees stop smoking, the airfields stop flashing, the hills don't look like The Stairway to Heaven, & the CTD's stop.

& the conifers don't look like telephone poles spray painted in dark green with 1/2 a tree glued onto 1 side (shot #3, LHS).

TTM

:lol: It might be ready by version 6! :lol:

Could be.

Let me clarify that my irritation is not with Adam's shots, he is among the best in the business, but rather with the endless tweaking I have had to apply to try & get around v5' shortcomings.

So I'm back in v4.5 & tidying it up before heading out in 1 of the many aircraft I can't fly in v5.

TTM

4 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Could be.

Let me clarify that my irritation is not with Adam's shots, he is among the best in the business, but rather with the endless tweaking I have had to apply to try & get around v5' shortcomings.

So I'm back in v4.5 & tidying it up before heading out in 1 of the many aircraft I can't fly in v5.

TTM

I dunno T , I have had Zero issues with my V5 without the hot fix , just saying .......:);)

6 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Could be.

TTM

It's good that P3D and XP are starting to sound so similar - if we're really lucky this may eventually lead to XP3D the SuperSim.

33 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Do you use EA?

& how much VRAM do you have available:)

TTM

I use EA and I have two NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X putting out a total of 24,476 MB of VRAM .

6 hours ago, BradB said:

I have two NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X putting out a total of 24,476 MB of VRAM .

You are aware that you can not add VRAM of two graphics cards on top of each other when using SLI? You still get "only" 12GB of VRAM. I don't think that P3Dv5 has the DX12 stacking implemented...

On 5/12/2020 at 4:37 PM, Adam Banks said:

I'm delighted to see that the "The Crown Jewel" of Milford Sound has been updated to v5. I managed to grab these shots before becoming disenchanted with v5 altogether (!):

We have waterworks again!

p3dv5-c172-nzmf-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

And now ... featuring the amazing Avro 621:

p3dv5-bulldog-nzmf-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

p3dv5-bulldog-nzmf-02-1350.jpg?dl=1

p3dv5-bulldog-nzmf-03-1350.jpg?dl=1

I think we all know where this one is!

p3dv5-bulldog-nzmf-04-1350.jpg?dl=1

Adam.

Great shots Adam, love 'em. :)

Don

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Quite nice Adam, I see you're now a club of at least three of us being disenchanted with V5.

I think the split is around 50-50!! Those that love it really love it ... and those don't ... well ... really hate it LOL!

16 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

MS2020 will be 10yrs old by then!

14 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

I used to enjoy tweaking ... and I usually manage to get a decent result. So far with v5, I just can't get back what I try to put into it!

8 hours ago, olderndirt said:

It's good that P3D and XP are starting to sound so similar - if we're really lucky this may eventually lead to XP3D the SuperSim.

Dream on!!! That and winning the Lotto to get the hardware required to run it!

Thanks for the comments, gents!

Adam.

10 hours ago, BradB said:

I use EA and I have two NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X putting out a total of 24,476 MB of VRAM .

I've got 5GB of VRAM to play with, not your brute force:)

With EA on you have not had fog puffs hovering in the tree tops whilst lined up for take off on a tree lined airfield? I

What about screen flashing ?

If not, perhaps VRAM cures all faults??

TTM

Attention - mods!!!!

I'm quite interested in following up some of the comments here, but I'm aware that this is meant to be primarily a screenshots area. Is there a more appropriate place you could suggest we carry on this chat?

I'm thinking Prepar3D discussion - no support requests please:
https://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/129-prepar3d-discussion-no-support-requests-please/

.... or just General Discussion:
https://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/8-general-discussion-no-support-requests-here-please/

Of course - if you have no objection, we'll carry on here!! :D

Adam.

2 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

I've got 5GB of VRAM to play with, not your brute force:)

With EA on you have not had fog puffs hovering in the tree tops whilst lined up for take off on a tree lined airfield? I

What about screen flashing ?

If not, perhaps VRAM cures all faults??

TTM

No issue's , but I have not flown that much with V5 . I hope to get some more V5 flights in and I report back for sure .

32 minutes ago, BradB said:

No issue's , but I have not flown that much with V5 . I hope to get some more V5 flights in and I report back for sure .

Could you do me a favor & take a GA flight out of S43, Harvey Field.

I've lost the train in v5 & v4.5.

It used to be moving next to the airfield when you loaded up & the aircraft 1st appeared at the end of the runway, waiting to take off.

It was to the right of the airfield. The 3 balloons & the moving truck I can still see.

There appears to be a stationary train stuck on a curve by the timber mill, but the 'old' train used to move.

Trying to figure out if its an 'objects' matter or something else.

Thanks

TTM

Archived