Orbx airports visited in real life - a rolling story

Stillwater

3 hours ago, boetie said:

I thought the UK was no longer in Europe or is that no longer in the EU?

Yes, but the British Isles geographically belong to Europe. Just like Switzerland and Norway, which are also not part of the EU.

11 hours ago, boetie said:

Ireland is the country that comes to mind, however Paul did not confirm if on the European mainland or not?

Yes, Ireland also came to my mind. There is so much green paint at this airport.

Edited by wolfko

5 hours ago, boetie said:

Hope this message works as I am currently flying to Singapore. Don’t get confused here, the UK is no longer part of the EU but geographically it is part of Europe 😉

In fact there is no English speaking country on mainland Europe. Only Ireland remains with English mother tongue in EU.

6 hours ago, paulk said:

Hope this message works as I am currently flying to Singapore. Don’t get confused here, the UK is no longer part of the EU but geographically it is part of Europe 😉

Enjoy Singers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stiletto2 said:

It's Caernarfon!  This was difficult since the picture given by @paulk is the old tower that was replaced in 2015 or so.

Well done stiletto2 it is Caernarfon. Apologies if my old photo confused anyone, (hope I don’t now get banned from this thread because of it 😀) it’s been years since I visited in real life.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, larryisenor said:

I think Courcheval France.

Larry

Sorry, it is not in France, Larry.

13 minutes ago, Matt McGee said:

Courcheval has a paved runway, so it isn't there.

The vegetation gives a hint that it is in a warmer climate.

If it is where I think it is, it is not currently a MSFS airport, so think P3D.

Good thoughts, Matt. It is warmer climate, and I have it for P3D.

1 hour ago, larryisenor said:

I should have remembered the paved runway at Courcheval. Slope looks similar though.

Larry

You are right Larry, the lovely slope is similar.

Tapini PNG?

100 points out of 100. You got it, Graeme. I could not post the entire picture, as it was too easy with the rego of the plane.

FBWjEqn.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Gerold. It's getting difficult to make it challenging, the forum members have eagles eyes. I have a couple of shots from the last few years which I'll try and crop to make identification not obvious. It'll be a few days until I can sit in front of my PC. Standby.

Cheers 

Graeme :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, boetie said:

OK, here goes - not the best quality. I took this from a lookout just south of the airport

3hs2uzZ.jpg

Cheers

Graeme :)

That looks like a classical airport surrounding, Graeme. Concrete everywhere, all the car parking facilities - just the railway connection is missing. I assume this is not Yakutat?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, vanderlay said:

I’m not entering into this except to say I think there was a railway nearby, and also concrete around in the form of a couple of large water tanks.

If you mean water tanks from where the shot was taken you're spot on mate. Me thinks you no doubt have it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

That looks like a classical airport surrounding, Graeme. Concrete everywhere, all the car parking facilities - just the railway connection is missing. I assume this is not Yakutat?

I should have included the quote in my last post and it might have made more sense. Damn feeble brain.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, vanderlay said:

I’m not entering into this except to say I think there was a railway nearby, and also concrete around in the form of a couple of large water tanks.

And I have overseen the railway line, which should be somewhere between the trees... :ph34r:

• Like 1

Yes Paul. Coffs indeed. Wifey and I went down there a few weeks ago (can't believe it's only a 3hr drive, why haven't we done this before?) and stayed in the Coffs hinterland. What a beautiful part of the world! Over to you :)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, boetie said:

If you put a Changi shot I've got it :)

Hahaha I was thinking of it, but would be too easy. Currently in Frankfurt awaiting my connection home. Will be a day or so before I can post anything. Happy for someone to jump in here and add a photo before then.

2 hours ago, paulk said:

Hahaha I was thinking of it, but would be too easy. Currently in Frankfurt awaiting my connection home. Will be a day or so before I can post anything. Happy for someone to jump in here and add a photo before then.

I could add photos of both Changi and Frankfurt taken in the last months. Just not yet done by Orbx…