Orbx airports visited in real life - a rolling story

Stillwater

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

A good option would be to honor Paul for this guess. And let him post a new one, in case Paul has got any?

I have visited many airports Gerold - usually without a camera. So sorry, better for someone else to go next :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

If need be, I´d post another picture with slightly more detail. But I leave it challenging for now...

I'm so glad you've been spreading your wings again Gerold....more material for this thread. No idea where this is but perhaps someone else who knows of your recent trip will know?

Cheers

Graeme

Ps hope you had a successful trip

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, boetie said:

I'm so glad you've been spreading your wings again Gerold....more material for this thread. No idea where this is but perhaps someone else who knows of your recent trip will know?

Cheers

Graeme

AFAIK Gerold has been in Southern Africa last summer, but I think neither CPT City Scape nor the Okavango Delta are fitting the pic.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, boetie said:

Cheers

Graeme

Thank you Graeme, I had quite some trips in the last 4 months - after such a backlog. And now, having them finished, I can say all were successful. Though challenging, I am happy to be home again.

17 hours ago, wolfko said:

AFAIK Gerold has been in Southern Africa last summer, but I think neither CPT City Scape nor the Okavango Delta are fitting the pic.

You are totally right in both thoughts, Wolfgang: I have been in South Africa. And this picture does not look much like Cape Town or Okavango. Honestly, not even Africa at all...

23 hours ago, wolfko said:

"Flammable No Smoking"

At least now I know it is in an English speaking country. :D

Good guess, Wolfgang. That brings it down to much fewer countries in the world!

12 hours ago, paulk said:

Late to the party but if allowed to join in I would like to guess:

Bowerman Airport?

You hit the spot, Paul:

zzDppqB.jpg

Do you have another airport in your photo archive to give us a new quest?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, wolfko said:

Well done Paul. How did you figure that?

Little bit of luck, but 2 reasons I got it, Bowerman was a favourite of mine in P3d and next year I am planning a trip around the Olympic National Park so have researched recently what airfields I have flown in Flightsim I will now see in real life while driving around the highway 101. PNW has always been a favourite area of mine. I wish more ex. FSX and P3d airfields would make it over to MSFS.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, paulk said:

It was a favourite airport of mine as a child and is an Orbx product. Let me know if you want a second clue?

Hmmm... that looks like some place in the UK. Big enough for the Queen of the Skies... there are not many, so one could do a wild guess...

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Hmmm... that looks like some place in the UK. Big enough for the Queen of the Skies... there are not many, so one could do a wild guess...

It is in the UK, not the worlds biggest airport, the photo is quite famous as its the only time 2 jumbo jets have been at the airport at the same time. It was to celebrate the airports expansion.

• Like 1