Orbx airports visited in real life - a rolling story

Stillwater

48 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

Whoops! - hope the thought police don't see this  - don't you mean  -Uluru

Sorry John, and my excuse to the Anangu people. Did they finally change the name of the airport in the past 2 years, to match the change of the rock next door? Conellan would be a neutral version, but the ICAO needs to follow as well.

Hi Graeme.

The airport is YBBN, Brisbane International. The photo looks like it was taken from the Airlines Maintenance Area but I can't work out what the two light aircraft are doing there. VH-BLI gives it away as it appears to be based at Archerfield. The shape of the terminal looks like it did when I was last there.

Cheers Bernie

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bernief said:

The photo looks like it was taken from the Airlines Maintenance Area but I can't work out what the two light aircraft are doing there.

By looking at all these people strolling around I think the photo must have been taken during an air show or something like that.

8 hours ago, bernief said:

Hi Graeme.

The airport is YBBN, Brisbane International. The photo looks like it was taken from the Airlines Maintenance Area but I can't work out what the two light aircraft are doing there. VH-BLI gives it away as it appears to be based at Archerfield. The shape of the terminal looks like it did when I was last there.

Cheers Bernie

6 hours ago, wolfko said:

By looking at all these people strolling around I think the photo must have been taken during an air show or something like that.

You got it Bernie. It was a aviation careers day I took my son to a few years ago.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am back from a short vacation, which let me drive along one of our favourite Orbx airports. No, it is not Melbourne, not Honolulu and not Tapini either. You will surely be able to guess it, even though we only see a POI off the apron (but in the scenery package).

If I knew that we would be stuck for an hour in a traffic jam (caused by the discovery of a WW2 bomb in the city center) only seconds after the picture, I could have taken a more perfect one.

IkY2UZe.jpg

53 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

I am back from a short vacation, which let me drive along one of our favourite Orbx airports. No, it is not Melbourne, not Honolulu and not Tapini either. You will surely be able to guess it, even though we only see a POI off the apron (but in the scenery package).

If I knew that we would be stuck for an hour in a traffic jam (caused by the discovery of a WW2 bomb in the city center) only seconds after the picture, I could have taken a more perfect one.

IkY2UZe.jpg

Hm, that's a difficult one.:huh:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Well, my guess would be LOWI ^_^

I knew someone would recognize this one so fast. The Bergisel ski jump area is iconic and can be seen during the approach to Innsbruck. Well, probably not for the pilot, as it is always a stressful flying.

In the traffic jam I thought about calling @wolfko, as there was time enough for a beer…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

I knew someone would recognize this one so fast. The Bergisel ski jump area is iconic and can be seen during the approach to Innsbruck. Well, probably not for the pilot, as it is always a stressful flying.

In the traffic jam I thought about calling @wolfko, as there was time enough for a beer…

So, only problem is I don't have any real world pics to show of Orbx airports from the last time I did, so I need to hand it off to someone else....any takers?

Landon

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, boetie said:

Borders are opening, Orbx airports are expanding, members are spread across the globe, I loved this thread.....can we resurrect it? 

Graeme :)

Oh yes, we should! I will have my first flight since March 20 in about 4 weeks - but there will be no Orbx airport touched…

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Oh yes, we should! I will have my first flight since March 20 in about 4 weeks - but there will be no Orbx airport touched…

Same here...taking a short hop to Vegas next week out of Colorado Springs, but alas, no Orbx airports for that trip. Maybe some day :) 

Landon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Same here...taking a short hop to Vegas next week out of Colorado Springs, but alas, no Orbx airports for that trip. Maybe some day :) 

Landon

Hm, some areal shots of Orbx airports might be possible on this route.:)

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, wolfko said:

Hm, some areal shots of Orbx airports might be possible on this route.:)

12 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Landon

Perhaps you can make the pilot fly a detour over Eagle County and Telluride, Landon? To feed this forum should be a valid reason!

• Haha 2