Orbx airports visited in real life - a rolling story

Stillwater

Rob gave a huge hint with "here's one in Washington."

I used to drive on the road at the bottom of the image to get to my parent's house and have flown to the airport a lot in the sim. 

I won't spoil the fun for everybody else though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matt McGee said:

Rob gave a huge hint with "here's one in Washington."

I used to drive on the road at the bottom of the image to get to my parent's house and have flown to the airport a lot in the sim. 

I won't spoil the fun for everybody else though!

You are right Rob did gives us a clue and I didn’t see it.

Currently, I am at an age where I suffer from Male Fridge Blindness. I open the fridge door look everywhere for something then my wife comes and says it’s there right in front of you.

Love Washington state got a holiday planned there later on this year. Think I need to have a fly around and a look for this mystery airport. Better have my wife as Co-Pilot incase I fly straight over it and suffer from Male Airport Blindness.

• Haha 3

Somewhat near Arlington in Washington state US.  I mistakenly had my daughter drive right onto the beginning of the runway (just opposite from the house with the pool) so I could get a better angle on the shot, when the lady of the house came screaming out, waving an orange flag telling me to get the Heck out of there!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Somewhat near Arlington in Washington state US.  I mistakenly had my daughter drive right onto the beginning of the runway (just opposite from the house with the pool) so I could get a better angle on the shot, when the lady of the house came screaming out, waving an orange flag telling me to get the Heck out of there!

Uh, this story sounds familiar.:lol: Thanks for the hint, now I got it, but won't spoil it for the others. :)

• Haha 1

At last I think I’ve got it, house with pool gave it away. Think the Orbx add on is only for FSX and P3d which threw me a little. Not sure who is still guessing so will hold off from saying at the moment.

Edited by paulk

I have no idea, I reckon with time and researching I'll get it but that could take months. C'mon, let's get some fresh blood in it  and some unique locations :)

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Oh no, that is a hard one, at least to me. Looking at the car and the overground powerlines I assume this is in the US?

So far so good. You are correct with North America and I gave a clue to say it’s coastal.

Ok guys, on my phone at the moment so can’t upload a more detailed photo.

But since you’ve tried so hard with this one I will give 2 further clues to you. 

It’s MSFS and it’s not on the east coast.

Good Luck and let me know if you need a more detailed photo.

14 hours ago, stiletto2 said:

S45 is on the west coast....

Rod

Hi Rod

Yes it is apologies I don’t think I saw this post and was therefore referring to where so someone had guessed an east coast airport. Sorry for any confusion earlier.

If it makes you feel any better you have been the nearest with this guess.

53 minutes ago, wolfko said:

My guess is CYAZ Tofino/Long Beach Airport.

Well done Wolfko, it is indeed CYAZ Tofino/Long Beach airport.

I did try to give a clue by saying North America. It’s a beautiful Pacific coast line and well worth a visit.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Still looking but I'm stumped.  S45 is the only msfs scenery on the coast in the Orbx Direct catalog that I can find, esp since the clue mentions a good looking coastline.  It's not Bowerman is it?

It could not have been Bowerman - I have been there last autumn and could not recognize.

At least, again, Wolfgang has got it!

Who makes the next riddle (if there is one left)?

• Like 1