Orbx airports visited in real life - a rolling story

Stillwater

14 hours ago, Stillwater said:

It could not have been Bowerman - I have been there last autumn and could not recognize.

At least, again, Wolfgang has got it!

Who makes the next riddle (if there is one left)?

It was my turn, but I still have no shots available. 

So who will step in?

• 5 months later...

Okay, half a year later I have some shots. 😄

This is an Orbx partner airport, I hope that's okay. The quality of this pic is not very good, because it is a video screenshot taken by mobile phone. It was filmed upon departing the airport in question.

image.thumb.jpeg.bd00dd5863ff90e23aff7de75c84cbf1.jpeg

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, paulk said:

I will throw in a guess as I believe I’ve visited this airport several times in the past.

Rome - Fiumicino?

Yesss, perfect Paul! Well done!🏆

Hadn't thought that this would have been solved by the first guess. 

Took the video yesterday, when we departed on Wizz Air Malta flight WMT 8513 (W4 8513) via rwy 25 to Memmingen (EDJA/FMM). In the shot you can see rwy 16R/34L and taxiway A.

I'll probably post some more pics tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Hi 

Yes please post some more, now the winter nights are here in the Northern Hemisphere I find myself back in MSFS and the forums a lot more. I enjoy this one.

I also have some holiday shots which I will try and upload soon.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2023 at 10:17 PM, paulk said:

I will throw in a guess as I believe I’ve visited this airport several times in the past.

Rome - Fiumicino?

My compliments, what a good guess. I have been there earlier this year, but couldn’t recognize it.

7 hours ago, paulk said:

Hi 

Yes please post some more, now the winter nights are here in the Northern Hemisphere I find myself back in MSFS and the forums a lot more. I enjoy this one.

I also have some holiday shots which I will try and upload soon.

Congrats, and I look forward to your shots!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Then you would be right, well done Stillwater.🙂

I visited several PNW airports this year that I’d never been to in real life but visited for years in various flightsim versions thanks to Orbx.

You got a photo Stillwater?

If not I may have a few more if you wish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paulk said:

Love the photos I have a similar one at KSEA of Mount St Helena. The size is amazing from KSEA it looks disproportionately too large 

Actually, Mount St. Helens is over 150 miles from Seattle and just a bit over 8,000 feet high though it was 9,600 feet before the huge 1980 eruption.  I don't think it is visible from the KSEA tarmac.   I believe the mountain shown in Rob and your photos is Mt. Rainier which is over 14,000 feet high and only about 70 miles or so away from KSEA.  That said, your photo is another great pic!

Rod

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, stiletto2 said:

It sure does look familiar but I can't get it!  Is there an MSFS  Orbx version of this airport or was it just in FSX/P3D?

Rod

FSX and P3d

9 hours ago, boetie said:

"Perhaps not the best day to guess" - is there more, maybe mist hiding mountains.......... ? I'm stumped, for now 

The clue should help