TrueEarth US Washington - Official Announcement!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really looking forward to this! When will it be available for purchase?

I've looked all over the site but havent seen a date.

I'm new to XPlane11 but know I will love this.  Even more so when Oregon comes out since that's where i am but just across the river from Vancouver.  It looks like this scenery map dips into Oregon, but only the North central part.

Thanks for any info!

2 hours ago, John Venema said:

Yes we are aiming for this week.

Great! One question (maybe i missed it), what about the nice little airfields you created in this area for p3d (like kors)? Will they be ported over and is there already a timeframe for that?

Regards

Chris

Yes we will have 1S2 Darrington Muni and 74S Anacortes ready for release within a week of Washington, closely followed by KBVS Skagit Regional. This is so you can enjoy the classic Darrington - Anacortes run.

Additionally we are working to port over a dozen airfields in the Washington/Oregon area over the coming months, so stay tuned

2 hours ago, John Venema said:

Yes we will have 1S2 Darrington Muni and 74S Anacortes ready for release within a week of Washington, closely followed by KBVS Skagit Regional. This is so you can enjoy the classic Darrington - Anacortes run.

Additionally we are working to port over a dozen airfields in the Washington/Oregon area over the coming months, so stay tuned

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!

Please pass on my personal regards!

3 hours ago, John Venema said:

This is indeed exciting news John!  I already have these for P3D, however, will for sure be getting them for XP11.  I live in Washington state so obviously I am so looking forward to these.

27 minutes ago, paulk said:

I finish work Friday morning then have 4 days off, I’m hoping it will be released by Friday so I can enjoy over long weekend. 

Well done to all concerned.

And a lot of folks here in Germany have a bank holiday on Thursday and have taken Friday off. So tomorrow or Thursday would be great.

... not trying to push things here ... ;-)

Hi,

I am seriously thinking about investing in x-plane so I can fly in this amazing recreation of Washington and also all of True Earth GB. I recently purchased GB South for P3d and not sure if I can go back to landclass scenery now as its on a whole different level.

I have tried the X-plane demo but was put off by its washed out appearence. On page 1 JV states he is using the following add-ons: Addons used: xVision, UWXP 2.4, XPRealistic Pro.

Are these all I would need (software wise) to recreate images similar to the screenshots?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, riverreveal said:

Hi,

I am seriously thinking about investing in x-plane so I can fly in this amazing recreation of Washington and also all of True Earth GB. I recently purchased GB South for P3d and not sure if I can go back to landclass scenery now as its on a whole different level.

I have tried the X-plane demo but was put off by its washed out appearence. On page 1 JV states he is using the following add-ons: Addons used: xVision, UWXP 2.4, XPRealistic Pro.

Are these all I would need (software wise) to recreate images similar to the screenshots?

Thanks

You don't need any of those.

Adjust your gamma, brightness and contrast settings in Nvidia control panel for Xplane and use OrbX scenery and maybe some free 3rd party add on that allows you to change Xplane appearance in game if necessary. If you are still not happy then look into payware solutions but the only add on's that remotely give value for money other than scenery or aircraft packages are weather add on's IMO.

And so we wait:)  Looking forwards to getting this scenery. Washington state has always been my favorite, both real and in flight sim . I downloaded the GB demo and I seem to be able to run it without a problem, so I hope I will have same results with Washington. Comp specs, Intel5 3.1 , 32 ram and a Geforce 1660 6 ram.

KHQM.... This is one of your "free" airports that I have always really liked. Hopefully, time and workload permitting, it will be ported over as well.

I really enjoy all the small payware ORBX airports along the cost.

Victoria (CYYJ) has a free X-P airport that is very good as good as any payware. I have it and having flown in there in the rw before retiring find it accurate and really pleasing.

Thanks for any consideration

Dave

It’s like Christmas Eve, I’m all excited wondering if I will wake up tomorrow morning and find that X Plane TE Washington has arrived in my inbox. :D John and the Orbx Team are Professionals and Perfectionists, sadly I don’t think we will see it released over the weekend, so fingers crossed for Monday as I start work again on Tuesday. 

But when it finally arrives I know it will be good and worth the wait. :)

I know there was the possibility of "preorder" back at the early days of Orbx and I remember the reasons why that was ceased...

It would, however, be great if we could press a button to purchase and then go to bed or to work or shopping and return home to find that the download has started and the sim is about to be ready for action. 

Certainly too late for TE Washington but it might be a feature for the new central!?

8 hours ago, paulk said:

It’s like Christmas Eve, I’m all excited wondering if I will wake up tomorrow morning and find that X Plane TE Washington has arrived in my inbox. :D John and the Orbx Team are Professionals and Perfectionists, sadly I don’t think we will see it released over the weekend, so fingers crossed for Monday as I start work again on Tuesday. 

But when it finally arrives I know it will be good and worth the wait. :)

Merry Christmas everyone !!!!

1 hour ago, Longranger241 said:

Well the unpacking of files is a bit ridiculous. If something happens it starts extracting and converting the photo sceneries from the start more than 4 hours.

Ridiculous maybe but it's the only way to manage the download size...

21 minutes ago, John Dow said:

Ridiculous maybe but it's the only way to manage the download size...

Hi John, 

Taking advantage of what you are here, I would like to ask you if the other package (the HD Pack) has any deficiencies if it is run on a RIG with an nVidia GTX 1080 GPU with an 8k VRam, does it run normally?

Cheers,

Archived