TrueEarth US Washington - Official Announcement!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, John Venema said:

It will be available in a week or so

Thanks a million, John

What's the installed size ? I couldn't find any details about, only about the download size ( 38,64 GB )

Absolutly, totally beautiful 

Washington state has bin one of my favorite spots to fly, now even more 8)
(Gotta admit, wasn't to happy with the waiting, that being said : TOTALLY WORTH IT :D )

2 things do :
1) Is it possible to do something about the yacht harbours around Seattle : there quit , well flat.
2) What's the best place to put Washington state in scenry.ini ?

Now I've got it below the payware,freeware, global airports, libraries,ortho maps and above mesh maps

Just now, MacD said:

2 things do :
1) Is it possible to do something about the yacht harbours around Seattle : there quit , well flat.
2) What's the best place to put Washington state in scenry.ini ?

Now I've got it below the payware,freeware, libraries,ortho maps and above mesh maps

Hi, welcome to the forums

This is not a support topic, it is an announcement topic. Please start your own new support topic in the appropriate sub forum. which is linked below.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/260-x-plane-11-support-forum/

5 hours ago, John Dow said:

Ridiculous maybe but it's the only way to manage the download size...

The coversion is not the problem but if the computer has to run for such a time and stops working at 89% and then starts at 0% it is a clear sign of problems in the installation process.

13 minutes ago, porsche said:

If we buy the HD pack and it’s too much for our computer can the HD ack be “turned off”? I have the 8 gig 2080....not the 11gig.

dave

In the first post where it talks about the HD pack it states that included is:

• A control panel so you can toggle between SD, HD and UHD textures

So I assume that SD is default and HD and UHD is what come with the HD pack and you can toggle between them

1 minute ago, riverreveal said:

In the first post where it talks about the HD pack it states that included is:

• A control panel so you can toggle between SD, HD and UHD textures

So I assume that SD is default and HD and UHD is what come with the HD pack and you can toggle between them

Thanks. Missed it. Makes  good sense and it’ll be simple.

dave

On 5/4/2019 at 5:12 AM, John Venema said:

For people asking about compatibility with DD Seattle airports, above was what we shared in the original announcement topic.

We have purchased their airports and Tony is trying to make our mesh fit in with the DD airports but ultimately without their mesh source files it may be difficult. There may need to be a patch issued by DD to allow their airports to work with our mesh.

Don’t be too concerned. Ultimately a solution will be provided. If DD want to sell their airports to work with TE Washington I am sure they will patch it if our efforts come short.

What about Seattle City X , John?

7 hours ago, FireRx said:

What about Seattle City X , John?

Seattle City X is is direct conflict with our Seattle City so you can't use both together at the same time.

If you decide to use DD's Seattle City then the entire tile around Seattle will be effected. We'd recommend you disable this, as our Seattle City is designed to work with our overlay and mesh correctly.

6 hours ago, tonywob said:

Seattle City X is is direct conflict with our Seattle City so you can't use both together at the same time.

If you decide to use DD's Seattle City then the entire tile around Seattle will be effected. We'd recommend you disable this, as our Seattle City is designed to work with our overlay and mesh correctly.

What exactly happens when they are used together?  I thought ORBX would just override DD if at a higher .ini priority?  Is that not true?

12 hours ago, skydvdan said:

What exactly happens when they are used together?  I thought ORBX would just override DD if at a higher .ini priority?  Is that not true?

It depends on which base mesh has the higher priority.. Contrary to other structures there is only one Mesh per location active. So if you have the DD Mesh with a higher priority You get the DD terrain.instead of the OrbX one. An additional problem is the special roads directory that DD Seattle has. But If I remeber correcctl the mesh and roads file were all part of DD Seattle City. So I would disable all 3 DD Seattle City directories.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

each time there is a bunch of releases for one simulator, there are complaints from the users of another simulator of neglect and bias.

Here is a list of releases leading up to 1st July this year, today being the 14th August.

3.jpg

Frankly these remarks, always unfounded, have become tedious.

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

there are complaints from the users of another simulator of neglect and bias.

Where did you see any complaints? I was asking questions: is it planned for P3D and when. Why couldn't you just answer and had to blame me for some poppycock?

6 hours ago, John Venema said:

And as a reward for that sarcasm you need to go find the answer yourself. It's been given on these forums many times before. 

So intolerant, how do you live without the sense of humor? It was sarcasm, maybe, but what do you find so offensive about it? Being a CEO, you called me obtuse. Now you think that's okay? This is no sarcasm anymore, this is an offence. A friendly forum indeed...

6 hours ago, ilya1502 said:

So intolerant, how do you live without the sense of humor? It was sarcasm, maybe, but what do you find so offensive about it? Being a CEO, you called me obtuse. Now you think that's okay? This is no sarcasm anymore, this is an offence. A friendly forum indeed...

Sense of humor?  No sir, you were being very direct and curt in your responses.  I would have taken them the same way that John did.  This forum is very friendly, but when you show up making demands for answers then you will get what you got.  If you are offended then that is a personal problem and maybe you should consider better wording your posts.  Good day sir.

Archived