TrueEarth US Washington - Official Announcement!

7 hours ago, Steve Li said:

By the way I had a PC with CPU 7700HQ (2.8GHz/3.6GHz in turbo booth), Nvidia 1070, 32Gb memory, 1TB Samsung SSD. We I fly in TE GB south in P3D v4.3 around London area, the FPS is very low ( < 5 FPS). In other rural areas, it runs OK with FPS of 10 ~ 15. All the scenery settings are in MAX. Is this normal with such low FPS? What kind of PC can run smoothly (FPS ~ 25) in the center of London with MAX scenery setting? Thanks!

Steve

You need the newest and fastest CPU (overclocked to run as close to 5GHz as possible) and an RTX 2080 Ti in order to get acceptable fps with everything at MAX (also depending on the used resolution). But it also depends on what you think is acceptable... ;) I don't think the computer that can run every situation in P3D at 25 fps with all settings maxed exists yet. (BTW I can't imagine an fps of 10-15 being OK...! And an fps of 25 isn't really smooth. But that's another discussion LOL ;))

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow absolutely stunning,  just wondering will it run on my pc , my specs are intel 6800 k at 3.4 Ghz , 16 gb of quad channel 4x4 ram, 1080ti video card, and any news for Australia in the future. 

Cheers

Alan. 

I understand why DD Seattle City XP won't be compatible, however will DD Seattle Airports XP(KSEA SeaTac, KPAE Paine, KBFI Boeing, KRNT Renton and S50 Auburn) be compatible?

On 4/24/2019 at 1:15 PM, Aimee Sanjari said:

We will endeavour to make it compatible with DD Seattle Airports for XP11 and more information will be posted closer to release.

For people asking about compatibility with DD Seattle airports, above was what we shared in the original announcement topic.

We have purchased their airports and Tony is trying to make our mesh fit in with the DD airports but ultimately without their mesh source files it may be difficult. There may need to be a patch issued by DD to allow their airports to work with our mesh.

Don’t be too concerned. Ultimately a solution will be provided. If DD want to sell their airports to work with TE Washington I am sure they will patch it if our efforts come short.

2 hours ago, John Venema said:

For people asking about compatibility with DD Seattle airports, above was what we shared in the original announcement topic.

We have purchased their airports and Tony is trying to make our mesh fit in with the DD airports but ultimately without their mesh source files it may be difficult. There may need to be a patch issued by DD to allow their airports to work with our mesh.

Don’t be too concerned. Ultimately a solution will be provided. If DD want to sell their airports to work with TE Washington I am sure they will patch it if our efforts come short.

Thank you for the detailed response John.

Hi

I live the screenshots of Washington in preparation of my PC for its arrival I wondered if anyone from the Orbx team could advise what add ones (X Vision, UWXP, Filou presets) they were using to get those great screenshots of Seattle etc. The water looks fantastic.

Thanks

I made the screenshots using xVision with Renault’s ‘Natural’ preset and UWXP 2.4 using custom sky colours and cloud sets downloaded from various places. The water is my own design using the VMI-Twick VR LUA script’s water tool.

"Performance data and minimum specs..."

Thanks.  This helps a lot.  I have purchased all three of the Great Britain packs and will purchase Washington as soon as it comes out.  Your specs info helps guide me because I already know that my current graphics card cannot carry the load unless things are dialed way down.  Now I just have to decide how crazy expensive I want to go when I purchase a new graphics card.  I'm guessing it will be in the $500 to $700 US range.  ORBX scenery is stunning!  Thanks!

JV, I would say keep your Elevation mesh accurate as you always do.  As nice as the DD Seattle airports are,  KBFI has a majorly excessive flatten area to the east of the train tracks that is not there in real life.  The strange thing is, that flatten is not present in their P3d version.  I like your idea of DD needing to provide us with a compatibility patch to work with your product.  It seems like the best option really.  Counting down the days!  

-Preston

They will use default X-Plane airports just like for TE GB.

In many cases this means runways will not align to the orthoimagery and the original airport authors should update them via the Laminar Airport Gateway.

We could try to fix them up but this will put TE Washington out of sync with the default XP11 airports which will cause many support issues.

Thanks John,

This makes it sound like xplane handles airports much differently where you couldn't make the TE airports take precedent over the default.  

Is it safe to assume that the P3D version will have the enhanced airports?  

I have always felt the enhanced airports were a large portion of the value of the regions and added a lot of character especially in those remote grass or dirt strips where some clutter or some people having a BBQ gave the world some life

Thanks for the response

I am hanging on, waiting to hear/see preview shots of the Multitude of Beautiful PNW airports for X-Plane  and the new TE region.  Is the conversion going to require new ORTHOS for those airports to blend with the new region?  Will the Individual airports still be running with the higher resolution and detail as you guys had made as a standard in P3d?  My Home is about to be THE place to be in the simulator!  

2 hours ago, idontknow123 said:

for the love of god, make sure this addon is compatible with DZ airports...

PLEASE

John already said that compatibility is going to be on DrZ because of mesh.

On 5/22/2019 at 2:17 AM, John Venema said:

In many cases this means runways will not align to the orthoimagery and the original airport authors should update them via the Laminar Airport Gateway.

We could try to fix them up but this will put TE Washington out of sync with the default XP11 airports which will cause many support issues.

John, do you know if KAWO Arlington will mesh with your Washington TE... I also have all the DD stuff, so I'm weighing whether it's worth it to switch to TE, I don't want to lose too much payware I already have https://store.x-plane.org/KAWO-Arlington-Area-UHD_p_722.html

On 4/25/2019 at 4:21 AM, kevinfirth said:

"Whilst we provide 2048 textures, this is mainly for future-proofing for newer GPUs coming in a year or so."

This is good thinking :)

Except that the problem with the 2048 textures seems to be memory cycling, and that, after a TWO YEAR wait, the new RTX crop has exactly the same, or much less memory, than their equivalent models of the previous GTX iterations, (albeit faster memory speed)...i wouldn't count on nVidia raising the bar, if they think they can rip-off folk for a bit longer, and "extract greater value" from the marketplace....

1 hour ago, Yourmomm said:

...Visual quality at 1024 is superb

So use the 1024 textures.  If you can’t afford the hardware to run at higher resolutions then just don’t, no one is forcing you.

1 hour ago, Yourmomm said:

Except that the problem with the 2048 textures seems to be memory cycling, and that, after a TWO YEAR wait, the new RTX crop has exactly the same, or much less memory, than their equivalent models of the previous GTX iterations, (albeit faster memory speed)...i wouldn't count on nVidia raising the bar, if they think they can rip-off folk for a bit longer, and "extract greater value" from the marketplace....

Don't try to second guess the memory consumption. Now we know our curreent consumption but somehow X-Plane has currently a hiegher memory consumption than most other programs. It is quite normal for OpenGL but now we have to see how much memo0ry we really need. X-Plane now has a much better control about its needs.

41 minutes ago, Longranger241 said:

Don't try to second guess the memory consumption. Now we know our curreent consumption but somehow X-Plane has currently a hiegher memory consumption than most other programs. It is quite normal for OpenGL but now we have to see how much memo0ry we really need. X-Plane now has a much better control about its needs.

You dont have to second guess it. Check msi afterburner, to accurately determine memory usage, under a range of x plane conditions. In my experience, Orbx TE has huge memory usage, compared with default scenery, which makes sense, given the groundbreaking work they are doing. The developers above note stuttering with 2048 textures, even with the best equipment...the cynic in me believes strongly that nVidia are not motivated to release their best technology, at their best price, due to lack of effective competition in the marketplace. They would rather release the lowest "improvement", (ie, over the previous generation), which the market will let them get away with, at the highest price possible. As I say, call me cynical all you like....

4 hours ago, Yourmomm said:

You dont have to second guess it. Check msi afterburner, to accurately determine memory usage, under a range of x plane conditions. In my experience, Orbx TE has huge memory usage, compared with default scenery, which makes sense, given the groundbreaking work they are doing. The developers above note stuttering with 2048 textures, even with the best equipment...the cynic in me believes strongly that nVidia are not motivated to release their best technology, at their best price, due to lack of effective competition in the marketplace. They would rather release the lowest "improvement", (ie, over the previous generation), which the market will let them get away with, at the highest price possible. As I say, call me cynical all you like....

Can I call you accurate instead? 8)

22 hours ago, Yourmomm said:

You dont have to second guess it. Check msi afterburner, to accurately determine memory usage, under a range of x plane conditions.

I can see the performance of X-Plane under OpenGL but we have no tool to see how the Vulkan code will be at a later time. OpenGL has some advantages but also problems.You have a big machine that automagaical (only the driver knows how it is done) does a lot of things but in several cases you have very limited tools for quick fixes and so on. Especially in the context of the deferred rendering. If it would be Ben alone I would be quite nervous if he might find better solutions than NVidia but together with Sidney they should be capable to improve the system compared to OpenGL but they have to do more work than under OpenGL.

And if you double the resolution you quadrouble the amount of data. Moores Law no longer gives you these recources. In fact several of the GPU improvements were in fact internal compressions to handle the textures. For a long time the added amount of VRAM was considered unnecessary, but not under X-Plane we are used to huge amounts of RAM and VRAM. Even compared to P3Dv4 .Even more amount of VRAM is probably not a solution you have still the transfertime to handle that links the necessary amount of VRAM to the bus speed and the GPU speed. More doesn't always give you better performance. But at this time I wouldn't feel comfortable to optimize a computer for X-Plane. Vulkan will probably change the internal limits of X-Plane Till now the pure amount of VRAM and RAM were more important than the pure speed but if this will continue ? Probably not.

On 5/4/2019 at 8:12 AM, John Venema said:

Any updated news on that? Have you tried any of them with TrueEarth? I can live with it if the match is fairly close.

On 5/22/2019 at 8:17 AM, John Venema said:

In that case, aren't the enhanced airports in the P3D regions also "out of sync" with the default P3D airports?

Anyway, it shouldn't be a big deal. Hopefully TE Washington will become the standard by which all airports are adjusted in the future.

On 6/11/2019 at 10:32 PM, JimmiG said:

In that case, aren't the enhanced airports in the P3D regions also "out of sync" with the default P3D airports?

Anyway, it shouldn't be a big deal. Hopefully TE Washington will become the standard by which all airports are adjusted in the future.

Totally different case. The enhanced P3D airports are ohnly used if you have the region, but the geateway airports have to work with the default scenery in most cases,

Archived