My first XP TEGB South shots!

Jack Sawyer

Holy cow, I bought and installed TEGB South in about an hour.  So I started at my favorite airport on Earth, EGLC and just looked around.  I don't have those fancy xVision and LUT things installed yet but heck, I'm starting to learn and thanks to @John Venema I have the controls down pat!  Thanks JV!

This XP sim is WICKED!  I love it, I wish I had some complex planes, and maybe there are payware ones out there I don't know about yet.

Oh!  And that dopey mysterious controller is my Orb Weaver, I bought it a while ago and use it a LOT in P3D and can see it being used even more in XP, Froogle turned me on to it.  So all I have to do is ignore it and I'm good to go.

What took me so long?  Dunno.  I still LOVE P3D and will still buy ALL Orbx makes for it.  And gonna start buying all of the XP Orbx stuff too.  

I run it on an external 8 TB drive and once loaded it works perfectly so I have a ton of room on it.  I even had XP load the entire Earth when I installed it.  But Orbx is my thing.

I also want to thank all you guys who encouraged me to get it and you guys who have helped and offered to help, this is what makes this forum the best one in the world, in my opinion.

s7oRgcR.png

9kRQFWC.jpg

0AVTSo3.jpg

fkgIIJS.jpg

6Ygp4bf.jpg

y36G2su.jpg

2IwdmNI.jpg

YGIlXje.jpg

Good to see you enjoying it Jack; but It must be loading pretty slow through an 8TB external drive.

Personally I have XPlane installed onto a 500GB SSD, and I've moved my custom scenery folder onto a fast HDD via a symbolic link; I find this gives me reasonable load times for minimal cost, and I've had no issue at all with it reading the custom scenery in as I fly around. 

When you get the chance, pick up XVision and Filou's preset, along with UltraWeatherXP..... it makes a huge difference to the sim. 

4 minutes ago, BradB said:

You are off to a great start with TE Jack , more please . :):D

Cheers

John

Malbec , I can smell it all the way up here :

Hilarious by the way.  My Malbec is from Argentina and has a slight bouquet of shark haggis! ;) 

1 hour ago, lauriebe said:

A great first set there Jack.  Told you that you would soon get the hang of it.  I don't have P3D but am still usinf my MS FSX with Orbx downloads on it.

Thanks Lauriebe!  I now love having both and having Orbx quality scenery in common.

17 minutes ago, Capt Pugwash said:

A high altitude Argentinian Mendoza Malbec...both delicious & a grape thats good for you! (I digress, but also enjoy :))

looking good there Jack, wait to you see The Lake District & Scotland...stunning flying vistas...more downloading needed chap !!! ;)

:lol: Thanks Capt!  That’s exactly what I had and it was very fine.  I only have about three fingers worth or less but it sur eis good.  Yes, soon I’ll be buying every last scenery and airport Orbx makes.  Maybe even tomorrow.

Well done Jack! :)

It was the release of TEGB that encouraged me to try XP again. I had tried it in the past but not enjoyed it.

For me, XP11 with TEGB is a whole new ball game. I love it! :D

It is sufficiently different from P3Dv4 to make both sims worthwhile.

As Martyn said, get some UK maps. That will help the exploration as you journey ahead.

Nice pics Jack. You will see so much very high quality freeware on the XP Org forum, downloads section. Regarding a really useful moving map, try this freebie:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/44825-avitab-vr-compatible-tablet-with-pdf-viewer-moving-maps-and-more/

If you looking for a really good tubeliner then take a look at this. I recall you saying you were wanting PMDG good quality type planes in XP. so this one is awesome and again in XP world...free! Just look at the details available in this plane..mind blowing quality.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/138974-b737-800x-zibo-mod-info-installation-download-links/

I will enjoy watching your progress in XP world as you get more addons and enhancements. XP is so easy to work with, especially now you have sorted out your unique Controller problem.

I await eagerly your pics from the other TEGB series when you get them.

Brilliant stuff Jack!  You might recall I told you so sometime last year!!  As JJaycee1 says, if you are into the PMDG stuff, you can’t go wrong with the Zibo 737 - it is as good as, or on a par with any payware out there and looks terrific too.  Welcome to x-plane - I was a hard and fast P3D person, but Since crossing the Great Divide to X-plane I use P3D less and less as I get to grips with the multitude of outstanding freeware for X-plane.  

Kev

Good to see you onboard with XP11 Jack and absolutely top notch shots there. I myself only been with XP11 a few weeks and already getting to grips with it. I would def recommend the UWXP and Xvision combo.

Also if you're after a great payware quality 737 but for free, the Zibo 737 is just way out there! :)

Careful Jack, collecting aircraft for XP can be addictive, I have quite the collection now :)

Some of my recommendations (I lean towards nicely modeled GA aircraft with old worn cockpits). I fly a lot in VR too so these cockpits really immerse you. Mostly google these to find their product pages. A lot of them are at X-Plane.org.

Aeroworx DC3 Beta 2.5 - FREE! Get the upgraded sound pack for it as well.

Just Flight Archer III - modern, but superbly modeled and flies really nicely.

Carenado C152 for XP10 - then grab the SUPERB nHadrian port to XP11 for it - https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/43872-unofficial-xp1130-upgrade-to-carenado-c152ii-v32-by-nhadrian/ - the best C152 experience. 

Just Flight PA28 Turbo Arrow III and IV

Aerobask Robin DR401

Siai Marchetti SF260 - awesome, complex, fussy. Love it.

FlyingIron Spitfire L.F. Mk IXc - superb!

vFlyteAir Navion205 - FREE! And great.

vFlyteAir Piper Cherokee 140, really good.

Carenado C172 Skyhawk G1000 - better interior than default C172SP

Just Flight Hawk T1 - for the Mach Loop, of course :) 

Also get the AviTab freeware addon, it puts a panel inside the VC to display maps etc. Many of the above automatically support it.

For the best GPS Nav unit, invest in the RealityXP GTN 750/650 combo. Many of the above automatically add it to their cockpits if you have it installed.

7 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Jack! :)

It was the release of TEGB that encouraged me to try XP again. I had tried it in the past but not enjoyed it.

For me, XP11 with TEGB is a whole new ball game. I love it! :D

It is sufficiently different from P3Dv4 to make both sims worthwhile.

As Martyn said, get some UK maps. That will help the exploration as you journey ahead.

Thanks Paul!  YEs, it really is a whole new ball game to me.

Right, there's no way I'm going to dump P3D as I expect 4.5 and even version 5 to have some nice surprises.  I don't look at like an "arms race" I look at both have verge good strengths.

7 hours ago, JT8D9A said:

Very nice shots! I recommend to use airport environment: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/35172-airport-environment-hd/

Thanks JT8!  I'll have a lot at this, but for now I have to lear how to install thins, like what goes where, it's even my understanding that to install planes one just puts a zipped file into the aircraft folder?

7 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

Nice pics Jack. You will see so much very high quality freeware on the XP Org forum, downloads section. Regarding a really useful moving map, try this freebie:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/44825-avitab-vr-compatible-tablet-with-pdf-viewer-moving-maps-and-more/

If you looking for a really good tubeliner then take a look at this. I recall you saying you were wanting PMDG good quality type planes in XP. so this one is awesome and again in XP world...free! Just look at the details available in this plane..mind blowing quality.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/138974-b737-800x-zibo-mod-info-installation-download-links/

I will enjoy watching your progress in XP world as you get more addons and enhancements. XP is so easy to work with, especially now you have sorted out your unique Controller problem.

I await eagerly your pics from the other TEGB series when you get them.

Thanks JJ!  I am going to take a three hour hike as soon as I reply and look at the screenshots here, this is getting me a little overwhelmed with that I don't know.  I don't know if ya'll know this but I have Asperger's so it might take me a little while to "get it" but when I do it's usually "locked in" my head. 

Archived