FTX AU AI Traffic Update

Hi Graham

I notice your name features on the MAIW credits list, presumably contributing to the Oceania package? Do you think it will be duplicity to have both the MAIW Oceania package and FTX Au AI military aircraft/flightplans or do these products contain different material?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2019 at 2:51 PM, Ian St said:

Hi Graham

I notice your name features on the MAIW credits list, presumably contributing to the Oceania package? Do you think it will be duplicity to have both the MAIW Oceania package and FTX Au AI military aircraft/flightplans or do these products contain different material?

I'm curious about the same thing.

There will be duplications if you have both the MAIW packages as well as the FTX AU AI Package. Some of the MAIW packages were done some time back and include aircraft no longer in the RAAF fleet such as the B707s and the C130H Hercules.

The FTX AU AI Traffic pack is all inclusive and has every aircraft in the RAAF fleet as at March 2019 including the first 9 F-35A Strike Fighters as well as the first 30 Pilatus PC-21 trainers. A full list of aircraft in the pack can be found by checking your SimObjects/Airplanes folder. Look for folders starting with the name FTX AU RAAF.

Some of the flight plans are the same as the MAIW ones, particularly those for the Hornets and Hawks. The rest were prepared by myself and would be different to those in the MAIW packs.

Similarly, some of the aircraft models and paints are the same however models and paints for the E-7A Wedgetail, P8A Poseidon, F-35A Lightning and KA350 King Air are exclusive to the FTX package. Models for these aircraft in the MAIW packs are from a different developer.

It should also be noted that all the RAAF bases included in AUv2 have been fully coded to accommodate all the military aircraft included in the FTX AU AI Traffic pack. 

Apart from the Boeing 757 transport, there is nothing in the FTX pack for the RNZAF yet so you will need the MAIW packages for those aircraft.   

13 hours ago, Graham Eccleston said:

There will be duplications if you have both the MAIW packages as well as the FTX AU AI Package. Some of the MAIW packages were done some time back and include aircraft no longer in the RAAF fleet such as the B707s and the C130H Hercules.

The FTX AU AI Traffic pack is all inclusive and has every aircraft in the RAAF fleet as at March 2019 including the first 9 F-35A Strike Fighters as well as the first 30 Pilatus PC-21 trainers. A full list of aircraft in the pack can be found by checking your SimObjects/Airplanes folder. Look for folders starting with the name FTX AU RAAF.

Some of the flight plans are the same as the MAIW ones, particularly those for the Hornets and Hawks. The rest were prepared by myself and would be different to those in the MAIW packs.

Similarly, some of the aircraft models and paints are the same however models and paints for the E-7A Wedgetail, P8A Poseidon, F-35A Lightning and KA350 King Air are exclusive to the FTX package. Models for these aircraft in the MAIW packs are from a different developer.

It should also be noted that all the RAAF bases included in AUv2 have been fully coded to accommodate all the military aircraft included in the FTX AU AI Traffic pack. 

Apart from the Boeing 757 transport, there is nothing in the FTX pack for the RNZAF yet so you will need the MAIW packages for those aircraft.   

Thanks for the explanation Graham

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, onlineflug said:

Hello,
why this can not installed outside from the sim into the Library?
Central says it must be installed into P3Dv5.

There were issues with some of the features when installed outside the sim so it was felt better to install the conventional method within the sim.

There are no problems leaving the package there. if you do need to uninstall P3D and reinstall, the FTX traffic pack will be unaffected.

13 hours ago, Graham Eccleston said:

There were issues with some of the features when installed outside the sim so it was felt better to install the conventional method within the sim.

Could you elaborate on this point ? So far, I am not ready to take this update as long as I don't know what files may be (silently) overwritten.

Thanks for your understanding... and work.

Gérard

1 hour ago, gaab said:

Could you elaborate on this point ? So far, I am not ready to take this update as long as I don't know what files may be (silently) overwritten.

Thanks for your understanding... and work.

Gérard

Hmmm.  Sometimes a little trust is a good thing.

I have Ultimate Traffic 2 running in my FSX Deluxe Edition with SP1&2. It uses it's own GA and airlines sliders, not those in FSX.

1) Does your AU AI traffic use FSX sliders to control traffic density ? or is it just simply on or off ?

I know some of the Hawaiian scenery I have contain AI traffic files and traffic is on or off based on the traffic file name state (.off) in the scenery, provided FSX traffic sliders are at least 1% for both GA and airlines.  

2) Is your AI traffic compatible with UT2 ?

3) I assume your AI traffic is installed via Orbx Central ?  Can it be turned 'off' at will (say if I just want UT2 for a flight) ? Is it also uninstalled via Central if needed for some reason ?   

Thank-you, Graham . 

The FTX AU AI Traffic pack operates in a similar way to the default AI traffic, ie. the volume of traffic is controlled via the FSX/P3D traffic sliders. As such, it will also work fine with other 3rd party AI traffic packs.

The FTX Traffic pack has a Control Panel to enable you to mix and match the various elements of the package. You can select all, part or none of the FTX package to suit the area you are flying in and other AI traffic packages you may have installed

While it is possible to select the P3D Default Traffic at the same time as all of the FTX Traffic options, it is not recommended while flying in Australia or New Zealand as this will give you far too many aircraft for the sim to run efficiently.

1 hour ago, gumbypickett said:

G'day Graham.

Given this traffic pack isn't suitable for P3DV4,

will there be any future updates for P3DV4? I sure hope so.:rolleyes:

cheers

Gumby

I’m afraid not, maintaining the pack for more than one system is just beyond me these days.

• 1 month later...

Hi Graham,

I am confused : reading this thread I thought that the new version was available, but looking in OrbxDirect I only see the May 4, 2020 version.

Any target date for this new version.

Thanks

On 4/28/2021 at 8:48 AM, gaab said:

I am confused : reading this thread I thought that the new version was available, but looking in OrbxDirect I only see the May 4, 2020 version.

Any target date for this new version.

The latest update has been ready for some weeks now but there has been considerable discussion on how this one should be released. The main change is that all the aircraft have now been updated to PBR models. Those who prefer to not use PBR models may keep V3 of the pack installed without running the new update.

The V4 PBR version should be released in the next few days and will be the only version with updates going forward.  

Archived