California snow

Jack Sawyer

Was expecting something totally different with that title Jack. I like what you posted better! Nicely done, and once I figure out the Q400, I’ll graduate to the 737. That is, if I ever get peeled away from the V-Tail. ;) 

Amazing shots Jack

I was flying yesterday L35 and was unsure about the snow. There was desert and snow so I was wondering is this right?

California is a great place for flying. I still miss some sceneries there Catalina, Agua Dulce, Kern Valley, Blue Canyon, Cloverdale, Sta Barbara and Rohnerville :( Too many yet

Thanks for sharing

2 hours ago, Chunk said:

Was expecting something totally different with that title Jack. I like what you posted better! Nicely done, and once I figure out the Q400, I’ll graduate to the 737. That is, if I ever get peeled away from the V-Tail. ;) 

Thanks Chunk!  Are you using the Majestic?  If so I have a question for you about it.  Yeah, that V-Tail is my favorite GA light plane.

2 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Amazing shots Jack

I was flying yesterday L35 and was unsure about the snow. There was desert and snow so I was wondering is this right?

California is a great place for flying. I still miss some sceneries there Catalina, Agua Dulce, Kern Valley, Blue Canyon, Cloverdale, Sta Barbara and Rohnerville :( Too many yet

Thanks for sharing

Thanks Carlos.  All of those you listed are super nice and I highly recommend them, especially Catalina.  It makes a nice trip across the water.

11 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Not only was the flight by the book so was the photography in that set Jack, that is some very nice picture taking you have accomplished here, well done Sir! :D

Thanks Roger!  I love flying the by the book.  Half the fun is planning it.  I've been going through my entire list of Orbx libraries and seeing which ones can accommodate a 737.  KPSP has a 10,000 foot runway so it could easily handle a 747.

10 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Chunk!  Are you using the Majestic?  If so I have a question for you about it.  Yeah, that V-Tail is my favorite GA light plane.

I have only made a handful of complete flights in it, but maybe I can answer your question. Fire away. 

The detail in this sequence is really amazing Jack.  It reminds me of back when I had FSX but so much better!

Like Lauriebe I have never tried P3d, but you have made a very tempting offer with the quality of what you create :)

I especially enjoyed the mountain shots and the last one, well If I were in a chase plane, it wouldn't be any better!

You've made  my evening!

Cheers

R

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Carlos.  All of those you listed are super nice and I highly recommend them, especially Catalina.  It makes a nice trip across the water.

Thanks Jack

Ok then Catalina would be my next California's one.

Cheers

8 hours ago, renault said:

The detail in this sequence is really amazing Jack.  It reminds me of back when I had FSX but so much better!

Like Lauriebe I have never tried P3d, but you have made a very tempting offer with the quality of what you create :)

I especially enjoyed the mountain shots and the last one, well If I were in a chase plane, it wouldn't be any better!

You've made  my evening!

Cheers

R

Thanks R, I was surprised at how low the STAR brought me over those mountains.  Glad you liked them!

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful flight across the mountains, free bags and all.:huh:

A great accomplishment to fly like this by the book.;)

Thanks Martyn, I like this livery, it's humorous.  There is a lot of satisfaction flying a flight like this when it all comes together perfectly.

6 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Jack. With these shots, you are not flying by the book -- you are rewriting the book. Really, really nice. Thanks!

Hey Rodger, thank you, it's very intense as a lot is going on, you have to keep your wits abut you.

6 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Thanks Jack

Ok then Catalina would be my next California's one.

Cheers

You'll like it Carlos, you can make a nice short overwater flight there, and there's a lot to see.  Plus if you have a boat like Larry's Angelfish you can boat into all the nice little harbors there.  

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Fantastic clear shots of beautiful sceneries, Jack.

And a pleasure to enjoy your "flying by the book"!

Thanks Gerold.  I have to whittle down all the shots I took to these.  And I agree, there's something magical about flying by the book with the SIDs and STARs.

Lovely superb detail....

16 hours ago, Chunk said:

Regarding the Majestic I fly it using FS2CREW, makes it such an immersive experience....

9 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

A fantastic set of very crisp and lifelike pictures. I love your new book approach. The fun that you had comes well across in your report! :)

Thanks Lars, I’ve been spending more and more time in the PMDG jets learning as much as I can and flying by the book.  It’s very rewarding.

Archived