My first look at Barcelona

Jack Sawyer

Yup.....

Download speed, fast.   

load times in P3Dv4 not noticeably slower. 

One observation...... I have both p3d and fsx on my machine. 

p3d runs without a hitch......but (I guess) since I have only a 3GB 1060 video card, FSX runs out of memory in about a minute.

So...apparently my 16GB of system memory is used by p3d but not FSX.

Worth noting, I think for FSX folks.

Graphics on p3d are really terrific...…..really.

1 minute ago, lawrence aldrich said:

Yup.....

Download speed, fast.   

p3d runs without a hitch......but (I guess) since I have only a 3GB 1060 video card, FSX runs out of memory in about a minute.

Highly recommend this CityScape

7 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Iko iko! Helluva set of shots! What a treat you gave this little 747!

Thanks Erik!  My "little" 747 loves to do this. But next flight will be a sensible one.  I just wanted to have a quick look at this new area and it's outstanding work.

3 hours ago, lawrence aldrich said:

Yup.....

Download speed, fast.   

FSX??? it will alwyas run out of memory. To infinity and beyond!

I got rid of it long ago, totally unacceptable due to its vas limitation

@JackSawyer

Hi mate you shoudl show more respect for the queen! After all is the queen of the skies, don't take he to her limits it hurts my eyes and heart :D

How detailed is the airport? I have Barcelona professional and I can tell I'm really hesitating as it is ( miraculously ) good enough but Orbx has tons of autogen which I love and less photo scenery than Barcelona professional, but the airpot looks basic. Would be nice to be able to make a merge of Orbx scenery and BP's airport.

Great pictures, thank you for sharing

Do you have Gold Coast cityscape? I tend t get blurry textures and the autogen shows very slow. Does this happen to you?

It seems you don't have this issue with Barcelona, so I wonder about the other one..

Cheers

1 hour ago, Wakashi said:

”Rocket Man” :D  Really great backgrounds in those shots Jack!

Thanks Roger.  No rockets on this plane, just empty and lots of awesome power.  Hopefully soon I'll be back there in a chopper making a nice tour.

49 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

@JackSawyer

Hi mate you shoudl show more respect for the queen! After all is the queen of the skies, don't take he to her limits it hurts my eyes and heart :D

How detailed is the airport? I have Barcelona professional and I can tell I'm really hesitating as it is ( miraculously ) good enough but Orbx has tons of autogen which I love and less photo scenery than Barcelona professional, but the airpot looks basic. Would be nice to be able to make a merge of Orbx scenery and BP's airport.

Great pictures, thank you for sharing

Do you have Gold Coast cityscape? I tend t get blurry textures and the autogen shows very slow. Does this happen to you?

It seems you don't have this issue with Barcelona, so I wonder about the other one..

Cheers

Hi Carlos.  The queen whispered that she likes a little adventure now and then, so she gets towed out of the hangar and goes joyriding.

The airport seems pretty detailed.  I have nothing to compare it too though.  

Thanks for your kind words.

Yes, I have everything Orbx makes and the Gold Coast is just as detailed and no problems on my PC at all, thank goodness.  

35 minutes ago, paulb said:

Very impressive Jack! :)

Did you borrow my Lightning or is that really a 747? ;):wacko::lol:

Thanks Paul, actually I just didn't have a lot of time.  I think the Lightning would beat a 747 any day of the week. ;)

Just now, lifejogger said:

Well Jack Orbx should pay you for the free advertisement,  Your shots make me want to go right out and buy it.  But I will have to wait or my next SS Check.

Thanks John!  I wouldn't want to be paid for this, then it would be like a job :blink:  :lol:

5 hours ago, lawrence aldrich said:

Yup.....

Download speed, fast.   

Highly unlikely they would release this for FSX if it runs out of memory straight up.

You mention 16gb of memory so are you saying that FSX runs out of RAM? or you talking VAS? 

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Carlos.  The queen whispered that she likes a little adventure now and then, so she gets towed out of the hangar and goes joyriding.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

The airport seems pretty detailed.  I have nothing to compare it too though.  

Thanks for your kind words.

Yes, I have everything Orbx makes and the Gold Coast is just as detailed and no problems on my PC at all, thank goodness.  

Thank you Jack much appreciated

Fly safe

Cheers

Are you 100% sure that that departure was out of the book? Im not fully sure, could be wrong here but it looked a tiny bit (just a very little) too steep maybe. But as aive said, i could be wrong....

Just kidding. Nice pics hehe. Probably my next buy. Thanks

7 minutes ago, Senchay said:

Are you 100% sure that that departure was out of the book? Im not fully sure, could be wrong here but it looked a tiny bit (just a very little) too steep maybe. But as aive said, i could be wrong....

Just kidding. Nice pics hehe. Probably my next buy. Thanks

Thanks Senchay.  I’m not one to adhere to the rules 100% of the time.  Other times yes, but sometimes I just wanna push it to the limits :) 

1 hour ago, lawrence aldrich said:

OK......But this is the first time I've ever seen an OOM in all the years I've used FSX.

keep in mind that loading multiple flights over and over without quitting fsx can build up to an oom. Can you test again as the wrong information may cost ORBX money in lost FSX sales via your postings. Nobody including me will buy scenery that instantly OOMS

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:08 AM, lawrence aldrich said:

Yup.....

Download speed, fast.   

FSX running great..…..now.

Went to ftx central and used the Barcelona config screen to turn off the optionals.

I'll turn 'em back on one at a time now to see how many I can leave on.

FTX to me looks even better than P3D

Archived