A break, inspired by Carlos...

Stillwater

After Carlos reminded me of "the guilty one"...

... I had to interrupt my South America exploration and return "home". I had nearly forgotten the beauty of Bowerman, with its NatureFlow singing, the BBQs smoking and the people moving around Lana´s cafe.

2018-4-8_16-30Bowerman.jpg
2018-4-8_16-36-17-895.jpg

The never-activated Satsop power plant.

2018-4-8_16-42Satsop.jpg

Olympia...

2018-4-8_16-50Olympia.jpg

... and Tacoma with its famous bridge. Jack, please take over here!

2018-4-8_17-8Tacoma.jpg

While I went on to Wax Orchards...

2018-4-8_17-26WaxOrchards.jpg
2018-4-8_19-7-45-425.jpg

... and had a look at Vashon Mun, ...

2018-4-8_19-10VashonMun.jpg

... before heading south over Port Tacoma...
2018-4-8_19-15PortTacoma.jpg

... towards Auburn.

2018-4-8_19-20Auburn.jpg

During that flight I had some stutters, but always enough FPS. AI traffic was 60% commercial, 40% GA.
2018-4-8_19-40FPS23.jpg

Warning: this post contains 3rd party add-ons. But you may forgive me: I have to show this little move to Mr. S. ...
2018-4-8_19-48JackRenton.jpg

Finally some little city icons: Clink, ...
2018-4-8_19-57Clink.jpg

... Space Needle...

2018-4-8_20-0Needle.jpg

... and the Ship Canal Bridge.
2018-4-8_20-18ShipCanalBridge.jpg

To be continued... the inspiration works just too good!

3 minutes ago, BradB said:

Yep , guilty as charged Gerold , your "punishment" will be at least two more post's from where you committed your crime . :ph34r::angry::o:D:P:lol:

Cheers

John

Maybe he should be transported to the penal colony of Australia for the term of his natural life for this heinous crime.:o

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set indeed.

cheers

Iain

Thank you, Iain!

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Yep , guilty as charged Gerold , your "punishment" will be at least two more post's from where you committed your crime . :ph34r::angry::o:D:P:lol:

Cheers

John

Two more posts, that´s a real punishment. And it means I have to make two more flights :o:D!

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

What a brilliant set Gerold with some amazing scenery around Seattle.:D

Bowerman is my default airport and the noises in the background are a beautiful extra.:)

Thank you, Martyn. You make the point, and all this is included in a freebie!

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Maybe he should be transported to the penal colony of Australia for the term of his natural life for this heinous crime.:o

Another barbarian punishment for me. I would even chose an island south of the red motherland if I were forced to B)!

1 hour ago, Orbxtreme said:

Very interesting shots and scenery Gerold!

Thank you Francois. BTW I get closer to the border of your country, let me see if I can even cross it...!

22 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you, Martyn. You make the point, and all this is included in a freebie!

Another barbarian punishment for me. I would even chose an island south of the red motherland if I were forced to B)!

That is good to hear Gerold, they tell me Macquarie Island is pleasant this time of year:) but I don't think there is a McDonalds there.:unsure:

Gerold, what a fine spotlight of Bowerman....it is such a special and free scenery package, and your narration that went along with it was very fun and interesting as well. And you tell Mr. Martyn that if he gets you sent off to some penal colony, well then, I may just have to organize a rescue mission....I can do that you know ;) I know people....

Excellent Gerold!  I loved them ALL and yes, that 530 through the Boeing hangar was exquisite!  I was delighted!  It's been so so so very long since I've been to Seattle in the sim, I forgot how detailed it was.  Been gun shy I guess because of bad OOM/VAS memories.

On 9.4.2018 at 10:27 PM, paulb said:

Excellent flight Gerold! A super set! :)

Thank you, Paul!

23 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

That is good to hear Gerold, they tell me Macquarie Island is pleasant this time of year:) but I don't think there is a McDonalds there.:unsure:

Well, I am sure you know that I mean a bigger island with a lot of wilderness. And there I would not need any McD at all...:D!

22 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Truly wonderful shots Gerold. Love your referrals to Mr. S:D

Thanks, mate. He has worked hard for gaining this reputation B).

21 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Stunning shots!!

Geat clouds in the grounded one.

Very nice ride

Thank you Carlos. And thank you even more for pointing me at the "guilty" location...!

21 hours ago, Almedin said:

Wonderful shots mate. 

Regards,

Almedin

Thanks Almedin!

21 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Is the sky and clouds REX here?

I think I'm needing that addon :-)

Yes, as you can see in the spoiler of my signature. I also use ActiveSky CloudArt, but I turned ActiveSky off for this flight as it was raining with low-hanging clouds. I think this is orbx weather 6 or 7...

20 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Gerold, what a fine spotlight of Bowerman....it is such a special and free scenery package, and your narration that went along with it was very fun and interesting as well. And you tell Mr. Martyn that if he gets you sent off to some penal colony, well then, I may just have to organize a rescue mission....I can do that you know ;) I know people....

Thanks for the offer, Landon. For the time being it is unclear if I can have an influence on the place of punishment - if it´d be Tasmania you can take some time before you rescue me...:D!

17 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent Gerold!  I loved them ALL and yes, that 530 through the Boeing hangar was exquisite!  I was delighted!  It's been so so so very long since I've been to Seattle in the sim, I forgot how detailed it was.  Been gun shy I guess because of bad OOM/VAS memories.

I just HAD to do that move, Jack, and I was naturally thinking of you while doing it.

p3dv4 rocks, even in this area, formerly known as the biggest VAS graveyard. As I said there were some stutters, but acceptable. And the FPS were always over 20 - on my computer and with my settings... Satisfying.

On 9/4/2018 at 12:31 PM, VH-KDK said:

Bowerman is my default airport and the noises in the background are a beautiful extra.:)

Interesting, more for Orbx I would say that a free airport is the default one for some.. cool

It is a nice one indeed. It happens with several, once flying they reveal the magic hidden the images

9 hours ago, paddler said:

Excellent shots.

Thank you Rick. I was also quite happy during the flight...

7 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Mighty fine series of captures!

Thanks Bermuda. I´ll find time over the weekend to continue...

6 hours ago, magic1 said:

Cool stuff! very nice

Thank you Magic! With no OOS risk this area makes much more fun than in FSX.

3 hours ago, adambar said:

Awesome stuff Gerold, I must visit there soon it's been a while. :)

It was the same situation for me - I needed the inspiration of this forum to get back there for some flights...!

Archived